Preview Geelong v Collingwood Thursday July 16 at Optus stadium.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After a rocking win v the Lions... we head to Perth as part of our hub life experience.
We have a solid 7 day break which is nice to recover but we have list issues from the Lions win.
Duncan and Narkle will be out IMO - especially with the hard Optus surface our turf for the next 3 weeks at least.
So that’s at least 2 changes with maybe one or 2 more .

Will GAJ get a well earned spell? In thr bigger ground.. giving him a 15 spell would make sense at this point.

Freddy, Fog, Chooka, Cocky and Clark have all reported to have had good solid hit outs in the VFL practice match. I doubt Cocky is given the full game but the other would be in the mix IMO. Again.. the harder Optus surface we will see for at least 3 weeks had to be a consideration for the load management team as well.
Lets see what happens but talk it up here.

The Pies just flogged the shitful Hawks so two weeks in a row we will have a top 4 challenge away.

Go Catters

Last edited:
While the Pies have had a couple of flat weeks I rate them as flag favourites and they are on an upward trajectory. This will be another good test. I’ll be reasonably confident we can match them so long as Duncan plays and we don’t make weakening changes by bringing in Parsons or Atkins.

Like I said in the non-Geelong thread, I hope we're on from the opening bounce. Sick of seeing the Pies jump out to a 4-5 goal lead at 1/4 time and hold onto that lead for the remaining 3 quarters.

Pies are zippy around the middle. Elliot and Stephenson pushed up the ground a bit more against hawks. Their defence is tight even without Howe. Moore is elite AA defender that’s actually better than Howe. Their forward line is an eclectic mix that will lead up- don’t zone off too much Blicavs and co.
I think they’re a better team than Geelong.
Wouldn’t be surprised Blicavs goes to a wing. Not joking!
Need speed to come in for Duncan and Narkle. Rest Ablett as Maynard will be all over him. True audit coming up!

I think the Cats can beat the pies, but they have to bring the same intensity and pressure they did against the Lions. They're saying Duncan will play next week, but we'll see. Not sure if Ablett will rest, it's only a 17 game season so if he's feeling OK then let him play. I could see Harry resting as I thought he looked slow against the Lions and didn't have a great game. A freshen up might do him good. The game is winnable, I'm not giving up hope, but they have to go out there and play hard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This could be the best game of the season so far.
Neutral ground is a bonus.
We are undefeated on neutral grounds, and Pies have a day less recovery, which right now IS significant.
I thought all night v Lions we might run over them, and I'm hopeful that will assist us again in a tight slog on Thursday.
Overall, I think Pies are a deeper list, not much in it, and we are a real chance.
Fort will be very important.
If Duncan is out, we don't have a ready replacement, but GAJ also needs a break.
A real test of depth.
Result could come down to Duncan in or out.
Sidebottom out is great for us.

All those who have wanted Bews out-- I hope he shows again how valuable he is.
Big game from Kolo this week, and Rohan to repeat the vigour.

I think the Cats can beat the pies, but they have to bring the same intensity and pressure they did against the Lions. They're saying Duncan will play next week, but we'll see. Not sure if Ablett will rest, it's only a 17 game season so if he's feeling OK then let him play. I could see Harry resting as I thought he looked slow against the Lions and didn't have a great game. A freshen up might do him good. The game is winnable, I'm not giving up hope, but they have to go out there and play hard.
Harry was rested 2 weeks ago.

Pies play this ground well so we will need to be on. Their final over here last year was a fantastic game.
Glad we’ve taken the full squad as keeping it fresh will be important in this next block.
Clark comes in for mine - his speed and leg will be important on this ground👍
Im on level 2 on the wing - pretty pumped foran old bloke for this one😀

Pies play this ground well so we will need to be on. Their final over here last year was a fantastic game.
Glad we’ve taken the full squad as keeping it fresh will be important in this next block.
I we get a wet ground we could spell Henry for Clark.

Can you wear something to identify you please?
Maybe a Farmer 2 Goggin flag etc?/

if Duncan is out I'd like to see an actual playmaker/marksman take his place. That's not Blicavs. Who else besides Clark has shown that ability? Is Parsons that sort of wing? I wouldn't blame the MC if they gambled a little on this selection and go kicking skill and attack. They can go defensive with Narkle's replacement.

if Duncan is out I'd like to see an actual playmaker/marksman take his place. That's not Blicavs. Who else besides Clark has shown that ability? Is Parsons that sort of wing? I wouldn't blame the MC if they gambled a little on this selection and go kicking skill and attack. They can go defensive with Narkle's replacement.
Clark should be the number 1 option for replacing Duncan

Parsons is, and if watching Simpson on Thursday was any indication, it has been said that Parsons is also ready for a reprieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back