Preview Geelong V Doggies Fri Aug 28 750 pm @ Metricon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see sav out. He’s just not cutting it, and his goal kicking is deplorable. Sucks the wind out of us at times.

I’d like to see more of clark, but his form isn’t great. Needs a big off season in the gym.
Yes Clark looks a bit thin and the gloss has gone off him. I wasn’t sold on him TBH.

Goggin Our Best

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2011
sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Blicavs will be required back against Richmond unless Henderson can go with Lynch. Lynch was too good for Taylor in last years' final.

The 1st goal Lynch got after half time - you could have had Geoff Southby David Dench Gary Malarkey Dustin Fletcher Stephen Silvagni Jack Regan playing at full back - take your blooody pick mate - and NONE OF THEM would have stopped Lynchs mark and goal - because the pass by Prestia was outstanding and unstoppable

Am I going mad or are you mixing 2 finals there? I thought it was the 2017 final where Guthrie got injured in the 2nd half after he had kept Dusty quiet and then Dusty got off the leash and destroyed us
You are spot-on

The 1st goal Lynch got after half time - you could have had Geoff Southby David Dench Gary Malarkey Dustin Fletcher Stephen Silvagni Jack Regan playing at full back - take your blooody pick mate - and NONE OF THEM would have stopped Lynchs mark and goal - because the pass by Prestia was outstanding and unstoppable
Why did you omit Scarlett btw?

JohnZ

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 10, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Am I going mad or are you mixing 2 finals there? I thought it was the 2017 final where Guthrie got injured in the 2nd half after he had kept Dusty quiet and then Dusty got off the leash and destroyed us
Not going crazy, pretty sure he did so in both. 2017 Guthrie was on the bench, and 2019 he was parked forward.

Landgraft

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Question: Is Dahlhaus quick? Always thought he was when at the Bulldogs but I can't really recall him using his pace to great effect when with us. Thoughts?

Speed is a meaningless term when evaluating players. We don't have the data to actually have any idea one way or the other, and people backing their own opinion/estimates are kidding themselves.

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Speed is a meaningless term when evaluating players. We don't have the data to actually have any idea one way or the other, and people backing their own opinion/estimates are kidding themselves.

Probably the only thing l'd agree with you about.
Anyhow reckon you're right this time.

BotsMaster

2022 Sep Premiers
Jan 26, 2009
Cheat Park
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Everton, Cardinals
IMG_20200828_085159.jpg

Pollywaffle

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
Blicavs will be required back against Richmond unless Henderson can go with Lynch. Lynch was too good for Taylor in last years' final.
I suspect Taylor was a bit injury curtailed last year. I'd give him another crack. Lynch had one of those days too, where it all came together. Give Harry a chance to own him.
Makes it harder for them to plan if we meet again in a final. If we go to Blicavs too early then it introduces some predictability.

It's game day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back