Game Day Geelong v Essendon 4.40 pm Sat May 19 @MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another must win at the MCG.
Time to capitalize and get this done.

Must start fast and well and not give them a look in. If they get a sniff they will run forward and be dangerous.

Need to get in front and stay there

Go Catters

Let's crush 'em!

I'm not confident we'll win today unless we're switched on.

The bombers have been taken from pillar to post this week, Bomber Thompson's just dragged them back into the drug saga, Heppell's come out and said he hasn't been setting the proper example.

Boy oh boy.

First goal: Hawkins
Last goal: Ablett
Most goals: Hawkins
Most disposals: Duncan
Most marks: Stewart
Most tackles: Duncan

Late change: Gregson out & Black in

Geelong by 35

And so continues the building up of this afternoon as a "statement" game for both Essendon as a club and a number of their players as individuals.
Did he apologise for the fact he looks like a caveman who hasn't showered for yonks?

Cats by 36

Heppell always dominates against us so do their small forwards. Limit their fast ball movement and we'll go ok. Drop our pressure and intensity and go in with a mindset that the game's already won and it'll be a similar result to last year.

Let's hope Black hasn't replaced a key player.

Just watch us s**t the bed today and lose convincingly, just cant be confident today for some reason.
No. Last 2 years perhaps. But Scarlett’s influence in 2018 is profound.

Hands up who thought the Pies would be all over us last week?

Another must win at the MCG.
Time to capitalize and get this done.

Must start fast and well and not give them a look in. If they get a sniff they will run forward and be dangerous.

Need to get in front and stay there

Go Catters

bolded is the crucial part for mine; good win against the Pies last week at the 'G; really hoping the club works out how to best apply our defensive structure to the wider ground this year.

My tip for the late change: Black for GHS.
Danger most goals
Blitz to play 2nd ruck poorly.
Stewart for 3 BOG's in a row.
Tippa good for the Dons.
Us by 38 points in a rather boring affair with the Bombers kicking under 7 goals for the match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scarlett's influence? What was he doing last year?
Not sure. He seems to have taken a bigger role this year, making himself available to the media before games, for example. And what he has done with the defence this year is 10/10

Heppell always dominates against us so do their small forwards. Limit their fast ball movement and we'll go ok. Drop our pressure and intensity and go in with a mindset that the game's already won and it'll be a similar result to last year.

Let's hope Black hasn't replaced a key player.
He always dominates? They won last year for the first time in what 5 years? Im not confident about this game either but the over dramatic posts are a laugh

There's always that doubt when sides get a lot of negative press during the lead up to a game if they'll lift and produce an unexpected win. I think our defensive game - Scotties Scrunch - will be too much for them though. The lads just have to keep their cool if the Bombers come out fired up int he first quarter and trust in their game plan and ability to get over them by the end of the game.

Bombers backs to the wall/take a stand
+
MCG
+
Our somewhat flakey forward pressure
+
Out of form ruck
= Danger game for Cats

(Should win but there are good reasons not to expect this to be a walk over)

bolded is the crucial part for mine; good win against the Pies last week at the 'G; really hoping the club works out how to best apply our defensive structure to the wider ground this year.

Scarlo said, prior to the Collingwood game, the way to play on the MCG is to have a strong, hard work rate, which I think Geelong produced.

In addition, well for me + as others have said, it’s crucial to make a good start, limit Essendon’s I50 entries - our Back Line is good there, shut down their Midfield, kick to Hawkins bringing him out on the lead - give him support to stop oppo Defenders scragging him + keep the goals coming - more accurate kicking.

Winner will be the Team who wants it most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back