Preview Geelong v Essendon - Country game @ MCG Sunday May 4 320 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel's onfield leadership will be missed. He gets teammates organised when some of them start getting a bit scatty. I particular noticed this last week. Maybe its more so with the restrictions on runners. Young pace is good but it needs direction.

Even more reason for the other leaders to take it on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will be fine, even without selwood. Good opportunity for others to shoulder the load. Parfitt must be fine, They are so conservative with the players no way would they play him if they didn’t think he’s 100 %

Karn the Catters

Can Parfitt really step up and have a true break out game?
He's had a few very good ones IMO. StKilda last year was our best but in an easy win, was our best midfielder against the tide in the GWS game this year.

Anyway, I am not sure if they'll play him as much through the middle given the injury concerns.

TBH I think it is sign of good leadership for Selwood to be taken out. He could have said, "I'm good to go". Instead he showed the squad how to put the team first.
The others will have to learn how to pick up the slack. And I don't mean Dangerfield. I will be very disappointed if he tries to do it all by himself. The guys have shown a bit so far this year. Let this be a development tool. I'm confident they will be put in the effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back