Geelong v Essendon - Rd 20, 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

The very rare 'no genuine attempt' free kick paid despite no prior opportunity.
lol. I'm not sure what a genuine attempt is anymore. I suppose now can throw it and not be penalised so I guess they're happy as long as it keeps moving.

Otherwise it's 'aww guys, don't make me come in and throw the ball up. Cop a free kick against you so you learn your lesson. Next time, just throw it out'

When was the last time I enjoyed a football match? Without absolute frustration that is. I should be happier considering who I support, but I'm so disillusioned by it all. Teams adjust and employ new tactics (yes, Hawthorn are a big part of this) then the AFL say 'oh, no we don't like this, let's change the rules'. Then teams adjust again and the AFL reacts. It's happened gradually every year for the past decade. How many other established sports have had their rules messed with? ******* rebranding to make it globally acceptable.

and there's my rant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FFS Geelong, we gave you the perfect opportunity to boost your percentage. We rested our best goal scorer, played duds like Polkinghorne and you still couldn't put us away by more.

You bastards better not let Hawthorn compete in the finals...

Geez our skills are beyond rubbish but wouldn't mind even a couple of the 50/50 calls to go our way.

Cockatoo what a flog -

pumping himself up after getting a goal gifted to him
Lucky Eddie Betts doesn't do that

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back