Preview Geelong V Essendon Sat May 19th @ MCG 4:35 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. How many times do we need to see sides get crushed in the media all week, only to see them then play their best, most intense, competitive performance of the year?
Not that often, to be honest - it just tends to stick in the mind more when it does. IMO bad form begets bad form, but we discount it because we expect it.

I'd rather play a side coming off a thrashing still trying to pick up the pieces, than one that's on a bit of a roll.

I am really nervous about this game, the s**t that has been thrown at Essendon this week, they are going to come out breathing fire, must get early goals and snuff the fire out, they still have good players and if the belief starts to come back then it could become a very dangerous game.

Mitch Clark was very close in his first year at Melbourne. Went at almost three sausages per game in a side that won four games for the year. This was back when Gold Coast and GWS were absolute floggings-in-waiting.
Woewodin won a Brownlow.......even s**t trucks go ok occasionally

Woewodin won a Brownlow.......even s**t trucks go ok occasionally
Haha, he cops s**t he doesn't deserve because he won a Brownlow he didn't deserve.

Clark was never a star, but he was a very good footballer when he wasn't, well, ****ed.

I remember Jason Mooney burning for us for about the first ten games of his career at Geelong, and then seemingly never, ever, ever finding that form again.

Haha, he cops s**t he doesn't deserve because he won a Brownlow he didn't deserve.

Clark was never a star, but he was a very good footballer when he wasn't, well, ******.

I remember Jason Mooney burning for us for about the first ten games of his career at Geelong, and then seemingly never, ever, ever finding that form again.
So we agree.......he was NEVER a star

Neither of them were ever stars

Why you lyin.......
I never took much notices of Hamish but did see a fair bit of Clark and agree with your analysis,although for one year 2009 Clark was almost unstoppable as a mobile ruck for the Lions but the body never let him back it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I nearly won lotto......I was close, but I didn’t win it. Does that mean I won lotto? You know.....cause I was close
That's a very binary, open-and-shut 1-0 definition of achieving a goal, though. On the other hand, if I aim to become a millionaire but save $999k, then yes, I'm not a millionaire, but the fact that I am close **does** matter...

That's a very binary, open-and-shut 1-0 definition of achieving a goal, though. On the other hand, if I aim to become a millionaire but save $999k, then yes, I'm not a millionaire, but the fact that I am close **does** matter...
Am I qualifed as a mechanic l if I only complete 3 years of a 4 year apprenticeship???? I mean, that’s pretty close

I’ll admit he was a pretty good player for a very short period of time .....now you can admit he wasn’t a star

Clark was never a star, but he was a very good footballer when he wasn't, well, ******.

Man, I loved Jason Mooney when he was with us - always rated him higher than Cam when they were running around for Geelong together. I remember he laid one of the best bumps I've ever seen - can't remember who it was, but he hit him hard! Think his knees ****ed out on him in the end.

Man, I loved Jason Mooney when he was with us - always rated him higher than Cam when they were running around for Geelong together. I remember he laid one of the best bumps I've ever seen - can't remember who it was, but he hit him hard! Think his knees ****** out on him in the end.
jason mooneys first season with us was pretty good and then he got injured and that was it.

Am I qualifed as a mechanic l if I only complete 3 years of a 4 year apprenticeship???? I mean, that’s pretty close

I’ll admit he was a pretty good player for a very short period of time .....now you can admit he wasn’t a star
dude understand the difference between binary and non binary statements and then you wont post comments that make you look stupid.

I remember when he debuted for Essendon in 2010 or 2011. The football media were in raptures over him

Was our leading goal kicker 3 years in a row iirc then the Dogs came in and pinched him off us.

Thankfully we got Merret with the Crameri pick so we did pretty well in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back