Preview Geelong V Essendon Sat May 19th @ MCG 4:35 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the entire game he had 11 disposals, 1 goal, 2 tackles and 6 marks (none of which were contested). So I dont know what game you were watching as it clearly wasnt the Collingwood one.

He was clearly playing that lead up/link man role for parts of the game and therefore playing it well if he was able to get separation from his opponent to mark uncontested. Couldn't care less about how many contested marks he had, the fact he was getting the ball and providing that target at HF is what pleased me.

Well that just about shows the average intelligence and nuance of a BF poster ;)

Surely a Bradbury needs a succession of lucky results, not just one. Sydney 2005 and Adelaide 1997 are probably as close as you can get to a side Bradbury-ing their way through a finals series.

A Bradbury, to me, suggests that better equipped opponents fall over at inopportune times allowing a lesser opponent the win. So yeah, agree with the 'succession' part of your definition :)

He was clearly playing that lead up/link man role for parts of the game and therefore playing it well if he was able to get separation from his opponent to mark uncontested. Couldn't care less about how many contested marks he had, the fact he was getting the ball and providing that target at HF is what pleased me.

He was very effective in that high HF role , particularly when he reeled onto the left and kicked long to the goals. Similar to the Kersten role which never worked well because he couldn't find the footy
Has the makings of a set play to be used selectively, forwards push up once Crameri has possession leaving Tom /Paddy or Menz one out for Crameri to spot up with a long kick.
He is versatile though - can also find the goals when playing close to the sticks.
He's not a pack contested mark but he's a very good 1 on 1 contested mark , particularly if it's kicked to advantage where he can use his strength.

A relative of mine knows him quite well , he tells me Crameri is super happy to be there and really keen to get back to his best footy. Attitude to training and preparation has been first class :thumbsu:

Must admit that I'm disappointed that the SavRat is injured, but tbh, not sure I quite believe it. As a founding member of the SavRat Fan Club with its President Ratcat I'd really like to know what's wrong with him.

Also disappointed that Fogarty isn't playing, love watching him play.

Oh well, better they are given time to come good.
Sav was on the Footy Show and more or less admitted he'd been rested, wouldn't be too concerned.
Fogarty is more of a worry IMO, hasn't got the senior body and is sore before we even get to the bye.

Am I qualifed as a mechanic l if I only complete 3 years of a 4 year apprenticeship???? I mean, that’s pretty close

I’ll admit he was a pretty good player for a very short period of time .....now you can admit he wasn’t a star
He wasn't a star, no, but he was a very good player and I think that's relevant.

I don't buy your analogy because being a qualified mechanic is one of those things whereas if you don't fulfill the criteria, the steps you took toward fulfilling it are useless... ;)

God I am such a bloody Engineering student. Why don't people like me again? *shrugs shoulders*

A Bradbury, to me, suggests that better equipped opponents fall over at inopportune times allowing a lesser opponent the win. So yeah, agree with the 'succession' part of your definition :)
Yes, I think the key is that it needs to be:
- Multiple opponents, not just one, and
- A case of self-sabotage (such as Norf kicking about nine goals fifty in 1998) rather than playing out of your skin for a day (Hawthorn 2008).

Man, I loved Jason Mooney when he was with us - always rated him higher than Cam when they were running around for Geelong together. I remember he laid one of the best bumps I've ever seen - can't remember who it was, but he hit him hard! Think his knees ****** out on him in the end.
That's what Wikipedia said, at least... and it does make sense. He was a very good CHF for a while.

If he had been injury-free, it would have been interesting to see him at FF in 2004, with either Ben Graham down back or Kent Kingsley on a flank. Shame it never quite worked - he certainly had the requisite amount of mongrel.

Yes, I think the key is that it needs to be:
- Multiple opponents, not just one, and
- A case of self-sabotage (such as Norf kicking about nine goals fifty in 1998) rather than playing out of your skin for a day (Hawthorn 2008).

Richmond:

Played Geelong at their home ground
Played an understrength GWS
Played the Adelaide Crows before they'd had a chance to touch the Magic Wooden Penis on their camp.

;)

A relative of mine knows him quite well , he tells me Crameri is super happy to be there and really keen to get back to his best footy. Attitude to training and preparation has been first class :thumbsu:
It's a feelgood story at very minimal cost to the club, and he's a better option than Aaron Black IMO. He's in to do a job while Menzel is out, and hopefully by the business end of the season that job will be done.

He was very effective in that high HF role , particularly when he reeled onto the left and kicked long to the goals. Similar to the Kersten role which never worked well because he couldn't find the footy
Has the makings of a set play to be used selectively, forwards push up once Crameri has possession leaving Tom /Paddy or Menz one out for Crameri to spot up with a long kick.
He is versatile though - can also find the goals when playing close to the sticks.
He's not a pack contested mark but he's a very good 1 on 1 contested mark , particularly if it's kicked to advantage where he can use his strength.

I think he and Tom could rotate through that position too. We are all aware of the quality footy Tom has played when playing further up the ground and what an excellent field kick he can be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sav was on the Footy Show and more or less admitted he'd been rested, wouldn't be too concerned.
Fogarty is more of a worry IMO, hasn't got the senior body and is sore before we even get to the bye.

I think we will be very cautious with Fogarty - he plays it a la Selwood and he's probably had more body contact in his first 7 games than most recruits have in a full season.
May need the 2 or even 3 weeks off to freshen up.
He's a beauty though , hasn't had the recognition so far that Sav and Kelly have had but he's going to be a ripper - particularly when he converts better on goal.
Could have won us the Eagles game with two very gettable snaps in the last quarter but positive is he seems to be getting shots each week.
I'd like to see what havoc him and a fully fit Linc will generate :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back