2nds Geelong V Frankston @ Frankston Sun 22 May 11:40 am

Remove this Banner Ad

Bankers coming off the loss to the Pies head to Frankston looking for a win before the bye week.

CS said in his presser that they will be without GHS as he will play seniors so there is one AFL listed player down.

Good to see Sam Menegola back to full training but still a few weeks away from VFL action.

Safe to presume that Smedts, Vardy, Cowan, Mirdoch will be playing this one...

GO Catters

Geelong

B 51. J Tsitas 67. T Stewart 36. T Ruggles

HB 34. J Parsons
58. R Abbott 52. A Hickey

C 18. J Cowan
64. T Atkins 37. M Luxford

HF 17. J Cornell
30. N Vardy 21. J Murdoch

F 15. M Hayball
63. S Dobson 50. R Williams

R 42. P Lucey 2. B Smedts
70. B Rees

Int
65. S McLachlan 55. S Close 69. W Sexton
53. M Farrelly 57. W Barnes 72. P Burchell
73. T House 60. S Robinson
23rd 74. M Thompson

Just as well Frankston aren't much chop so we might still be in with a chance.

The VFL team is looking weaker game by game at the moment with the likelihood that there'll only be 9 listed players out there on the weekend (given Domsy must be almost certain to be withdrawn from the senior team).

And of that group, there'll be a maximum of 6 who were on anything other than our VFL list before November last year.:eek:

Even during the injury doldrums of last year, I think we only ever got down to 7 listed players in the VFL line-up as a minimum.

if it wasn't for 'Waybill-watch', I wonder whether I'd be overly keen to get a look at this game at all.;)

Just as well Frankston aren't much chop so we might still be in with a chance.

The VFL team is looking weaker game by game at the moment with the likelihood that there'll only be 9 listed players out there on the weekend (given Domsy must be almost certain to be withdrawn from the senior team).

And of that group, there'll be a maximum of 6 who were on anything other than our VFL list before November last year.:eek:

Even during the injury doldrums of last year, I think we only ever got down to 7 listed players in the VFL line-up as a minimum.

if it wasn't for 'Waybill-watch', I wonder whether I'd be overly keen to get a look at this game at all.;)
I'm pretty sure we got down to 2 or 3 it was pretty dire there at a few stages.

Billie Smedts an opportunity to put his hand up for a game against Carlton.
I wouldn't be suprised if he does okay he'll come in for Menzel [managed].With the game at Eddiehad next week [hard surface] and Menzel having played so many games in a row now,they may want to give him a week off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't be suprised if he does okay he'll come in for Menzel [managed].With the game at Eddiehad next week [hard surface] and Menzel having played so many games in a row now,they may want to give him a week off.

to practice his goalkicking.
Menz has been good, but that's not the worst idea I've heard.

would be nice if Smedts could bring a bit of run and attack to the senior side, whoever he comes in for.

looking for Waybill to provide some thrills tomorrow, btw ..

Yeah I would have liked to have another look at both for sure, disappointing.

Dare I say I thought Lucey was good last week.
Smedts is too good for VFL so I may head down to focus on his movements... from all accounts he'll play seniors next week if he plays well.

We're playing at home yea?

Even missing some players... having a look at Hayball , Parsons and Cornell may make it worth a look. Obviously not as immediate in chances. Big chance for Smedts and Vardy. not often they get to play in a post afl game when we have lost and when a couple of players need management.

It will also be interesting to see whether they again leave Vardy down forward for the whole game.

Id hope his now getting to the stage he can move around the ground. Id thin he would have to be able to do that to manage one of Smith/Stanley

It's only last week that they left him forward, his 2 previous VFL games he spent a fair bit of time in the ruck, so I can't see how it's a fitness issue; I just wonder whether it's a conscious plan to at last let him concentrate on learning to play KPF, something he's actually done very little of in the 1sts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back