2nds Geelong v Frankston, Saturday 6 August, 11:30am Simonds Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Come on mate, look who you're replying to. That bloke wants 40 GFC players on the trade table in a few months.
Bobby's alright, we all have our days, I take his posts on merit as I do for every one else.I at least know he loves the Cats as much as anyone else here and would be loving today's win.

Can anyone who was at the game comment on the performance of the AFL/Rookie listed players?
I am particularly interested in how Cunico finished the game.

Can anyone who was at the game comment on the performance of the AFL/Rookie listed players?
Wasn't listed in the best players. Not that that means a lot.

Geelong best: Stewart House Buzza Parsons Lang Atkins

Cunico started slowly (or so it seemed to me). Got into it on the outside taking a couple of lead up marks and linking. In the second half he seemed to have got the confidence he needed to get closer to the ball and did some very nice work in closer. Good with the handball on a couple of occasions, nice long kick or short to position. Nothing says he won't go OK in a year or so with consistent game time.

Parsons is the one. He was in everything after quarter time (and probably some before). In close he is very classy - sees things others don't and gets the ball away to advantage by hand and foot. His effort at the start of the the third to win a hard ball spin out of trouble and then place a low hard pass straight on the forwards chest was top shelf. he played on ball all bar 5 mins of the last quarter (another good sign - [Kersten and Clark took little to no part in the last half or so])

Buzza did some very good things. His goal from 40 on the run deep in the wrong pocket was a beauty. Took a couple of good marks. A bit in and out but there is no doubt his curve is heading up.

Delaney had to play on a smaller 190-192 opponent and made a couple of bad errors in first half . He can play tho and bounced back in the second half and is genuine KPD size. Excellent closing speed. Not his best outing but he got through uninjured.

Gardner was quiet in first half too but got going in the second half and did some really nice things. His mobility seems to be better which puts him right on track for mine.

Hayball chimed in for a couple. Moves very nicely but too small just yet. Project with some reasonable prospect.

Lang very good. His goal on the run in the last (on the left) was all class. He will a very good player before long at AFL level

Last edited:
Buzza worked his absolute arse off today.. played a lot in the ruck and covered a truck load of ground. Was impressed with his work rate

Parsons is the one. He was in everything after quarter time (and probably some before). In close he is very classy - sees things others don't and gets the ball away to advantage by hand and foot. His effort at the start of the the third to win a hard ball spin out of trouble and then place a low hard pass straight on the forwards chest was top shelf. he played on ball all bar 5 mins of the last quarter (another good sign - [Kersten and Clark took little to no part in the last half or so])
Pivo

Get the keg out for the bandwagon. :D

Parsons is the one. He was in everything after quarter time (and probably some before). In close he is very classy - sees things others don't and gets the ball away to advantage by hand and foot. His effort at the start of the the third to win a hard ball spin out of trouble and then place a low hard pass straight on the forwards chest was top shelf. he played on ball all bar 5 mins of the last quarter

And we need to keep in mind that he missed out on a fair bit of footy due to hip surgery earlier in the year.
I have liked what I have seen of him. There were some who thought that he was a little unlucky not to get picked up in the ND.

GOAL! Simon Close finishes off some great team play! Welcome back Closey! GEE 81 FRA 32 #PJVFL
Ok. I'm going to jump in.

Daniel, unless you're at the game. Stop posting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I don't use twitter so it's handy having someone copy and paste the VFL updates in here.

It's not exactly a hard thing to ignore if it bothers you so much.
Yeah I'm sorry, I just hate vanilla stuff.

Ok. I'm going to jump in.

Daniel, unless you're at the game. Stop posting.

Um... No.

I post for people who obviously can't see the game live or watch a livestream of it. (Which includes me)...

Obviously I rate the posts of other posters who were at the game a lot more than the general posts from GeelongVFL on Twitter, my copied & pasted posts are more just a general timeline of who scored for us & when.

Um... No.

I post for people who obviously can't see the game live or watch a livestream of it. (Which includes me)...

Obviously I rate the posts of other posters who were at the game a lot more than the general posts from GeelongVFL on Twitter, my copied & pasted posts are more just a general timeline of who scored for us & when.

Keep up the good work, i enjoy it thanks.

I agree with others in that there seems to be something to work with there, I just wonder about his hard hands in marking contests, any comment? (presuming you watched the game....)
Yeah not fantastic from memory.. i can't remember him clunking many like House and Clark were

But I was also distracted by a 5 yo who was rapidly getting bored and a mate that showed up as well.

Um... No.

Carry on don't listen to old grumpy bum,good evening Vinum:).

Goals: House 4, Clark 3, Hayball 2, Kersten 2, Lucey 2, Lang, Buzza, Cunico, Horlin-Smith, Parsons, Luxford, Close, Atkins, Haintz, Exell

Best: Stewart, House, Buzza, Parsons, Lang, Atkins

Disposals: Lang 32, Horlin-Smith 25, Stewart 24, Parsons 22, Raidme 20

Marks: Thompson 10, House 10, Stewart 8, Lang 7, Cunico 7, Buzza 7

Hitouts: Lucey 23, Buzza 11, Clark 3

Inside 50s: Raidme 7, Buzza 6, Horlin-Smith 6, Haintz 6

Tackles: Lang 7, Atkins 7, Parsons 7, Close 6, Buzza 6, Luxford 6, Horlin-Smith 6

I will admit to being quite distracted myself.... but looking at the bests, I didn't notice Parsons as much. Definantly noticed Stewart and House... couple of gun VFL players there.. House just loves the contest, crashes and bashes and seems to thrive off it.. Stewart is so clean and composed, one of those blokes that looks to have plenty of time.. bit of mongrel in him as well.

Buzza I mentioned covered a lot of ground, i would have had him in the bests as well... was easily the best he has looked that I have seen live (4 games now I think fwiw) and Lang is just class, his ability to kick well off either foot is super impressive.

Also for anyone who watches the Recruit... one of the contestants Jackson Sketcher plays for Frankston (number 46).... and he is smaller than Darcy Lang so can't see him going anywhere AFL wise (if he was to win it, which he won't)

I will admit to being quite distracted myself.... but looking at the bests, I didn't notice Parsons as much. Definantly noticed Stewart and House... couple of gun VFL players there.. House just loves the contest, crashes and bashes and seems to thrive off it.. Stewart is so clean and composed, one of those blokes that looks to have plenty of time.. bit of mongrel in him as well.

Buzza I mentioned covered a lot of ground, i would have had him in the bests as well... was easily the best he has looked that I have seen live (4 games now I think fwiw) and Lang is just class, his ability to kick well off either foot is super impressive.

Also for anyone who watches the Recruit... one of the contestants Jackson Sketcher plays for Frankston (number 46).... and he is smaller than Darcy Lang so can't see him going anywhere AFL wise (if he was to win it, which he won't)

Good stuff Willo.... Id Stewart is some sort of chance to be on someones list nest year ..to be nominated for the State Screening at least two clubs are overhim. House looked unfit to me last time I saw him, to me he might not be showing what he might be like if he was full time in system.

2 weeks in a row for the Buzza on ball? What is his leap like ? I rate Lana and he has him as no hope... we all see different things.. I think when we have seen so many rough kids come in as late picks show form in y2..we would be silly not to persist.

Any comments about Cunico and young Excel?

How did Sketcher go Willo did he get amongst it. I reckon he might be a little bit taller then Lang. Not quick enough for afl. Great fella though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jackson seems like he'd fit in well at Hawthorn http://www.fox8.tv/character/the-recruit-jackson-sketcher/

Remove this Banner Ad

Back