2nds Geelong v Frankston, Saturday 6 August, 11:30am Simonds Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Sounds like another good game from Buzza I am certainly on his bandwagon. I saw him play pre season was impressed then and keeps getting better. Seems obviously cause he picked him but I heard the Wells really likes Buzza.

How did Sketcher go Willo did he get amongst it. I reckon he might be a little bit taller then Lang. Not quick enough for afl. Great fella though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Um I only worked out it was him late in the game so I couldn't tell you to be honest. Don't think he did a heap.

And I was suprised at his size, looked much smaller than he looks on TV

Yeah not fantastic from memory.. i can't remember him clunking many like House and Clark were

But I was also distracted by a 5 yo who was rapidly getting bored and a mate that showed up as well.

So Teach did turn up.:D

Absolutely ludicrous if that's what's happening and it won't be,you don't waste a game like Essendon a month out from finals to make up your mind about a fringe player, you put games into blokes you think might be used come finals.Cowan must be around the mark even if an unlikely starter without injuries to a few others.
It can be both things. He's good enough to be in the team, but he isn't ahead of Lang for the long term. He will be ready to play come finals, and after the finals, his performances will determine if he is on our list.

Lang may be in the VFL right now, but i guarantee, he isn't even close to being delisted or traded.

Absolutely ludicrous if that's what's happening and it won't be,you don't waste a game like Essendon a month out from finals to make up your mind about a fringe player, you put games into blokes you think might be used come finals.Cowan must be around the mark even if an unlikely starter without injuries to a few others.

Sure they are looking at him , the same as look at all players but he certainly not getting selected just for assessment. He must be doing the role well enough to hold his end up in the previous games. Perhaps with Cowan its a bit hard to judge what he really can bring , having played so few games, so few consecutive games ..but this is not the time messing with the side structure for one players position.

Um... No.

I post for people who obviously can't see the game live or watch a livestream of it. (Which includes me)...

Obviously I rate the posts of other posters who were at the game a lot more than the general posts from GeelongVFL on Twitter, my copied & pasted posts are more just a general timeline of who scored for us & when.
I did apologise! Sometimes your tweets are all we have.

they are probably assessing if Cowan is worth keeping. He really needs to do a lot more because a mediocre game against Essendon, his papers will be stamped and you can't feel sorry for him. The club has given him about 10 years to prove himself.
I'm not his biggest fan but you can't seriously suggest that when he's been injured for 5 seasons out of the 7 or 8 years he's been on the list. I know we all get impatient with some players but you don't have to exaggerate for no reason. Cowan and Lang are currently on par as great VFL players but useless AFL players right at the moment

I'm not his biggest fan but you can't seriously suggest that when he's been injured for 5 seasons out of the 7 or 8 years he's been on the list. I know we all get impatient with some players but you don't have to exaggerate for no reason. Cowan and Lang are currently on par as great VFL players but useless AFL players right at the moment

Give me a brake mate!
Darcy Lang is 20 years of age.

Josh Cowan is 25 years of age and showing us all he is nothing special whatsoever.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah. Cowans never really been a great VFL player. Played some good games but I've never even seen him get a BOG at VFL level.
Lang is quality and ain't useless at AFL level. He was our best player against Collingwood earlier this season, snagged some good goals against the Hawks too when everyone else was missing, was an important part of us winning that game.

Anyone know who their #8 was. Complete flog. Stewart I feel would've put him into next week if he didn't have a finals campaign and a decent future in the game ahead of him, unlike aforementioned muppet.

Don't know who he was but as you say he was very lucky Stewart didn't launch. A couple of times.

Stewart was very good again. He has a lot going for him.

Don't know who he was but as you say he was very lucky Stewart didn't launch. A couple of times.

Stewart was very good again. He has a lot going for him.
He reminded me of Lance Whitnall that number 8..
Was a prick, one of Frankstons finest :D

Lang is well ahead. Cowan can play, but Lang will play 100+ for Geelong as a quality inside/outside mid.

As I said yesterday this is valuable experience for Lang. First soldier in the midfield (VFL) vs fringe role play (AFL). The last plank in his education.

Lang is well ahead. Cowan can play, but Lang will play 100+ for Geelong as a quality inside/outside mid.

As I said yesterday this is valuable experience for Lang. First soldier in the midfield (VFL) vs fringe role play (AFL). The last plank in his education.

It's partly why I'm worried about Cockatoo's development. He missed a lot of that education due to injury at U18 level and then has been fast tracked into the team in a fringe role.

Anyone notice the time of next weeks VFL game ?
5pm sunday at Punt Rd.
WTF ???

Why start it an hour before the senior game finishes ?
Should play it at 11.30am/12pm
Common sense never seems to prevail with VFL/AFL scheduling.

It's partly why I'm worried about Cockatoo's development. He missed a lot of that education due to injury at U18 level and then has been fast tracked into the team in a fringe role.

As in cricket some good kids have to play at a lower level for a while to learn how to build a big score. They could be promoted on talent alone but learning to accumulate large numbers in a long innings is another skill.

Or is that cricket theory the way the game used to be played?!

Cowan has never been a great VFL player. Lang's last 3-4 VFL games have been the he's shown as well.

As in cricket some good kids have to play at a lower level for a while to learn how to build a big score. They could be promoted on talent alone but learning to accumulate large numbers in a long innings is another skill.

Or is that cricket theory the way the game used to be played?!

Well, I'm not sure the Aussie test batsman have heard of that theory...... :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back