Game Day Geelong V Freo @ Optus, 8:10pm Monday July 27 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

CabWesty

All Australian
Jul 3, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm interested in who does what this week (with an eye to 2021 as well).
If this is Ablett's last year, who is the likely candidate to be that smaller forward who rotates through the midfield? Dahlhaus? Except he's out for the immediate future. Fogarty, Close, Simpson?
I'm guessing it's Harry Taylor's last year. Is Clark the likely replacement (I know he's injured ATM) to come into the back 6, and they rejig a couple of the roles.
Will Constable do Steven's role tonight?

We are missing some huge names with Selwood and Ablett out.

But we seriously need the win, and to win well.

If we play slow, stagnant football I'll go to bed. I'm only interested in watching some youngsters anyway.

Would like to see Bews, Guthrie, Parfitt, Rohan, Henry, Sav , kolo, O’Connor lead the team to a win. It’s their game now!
Best of luck.

Dec 11, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
If we play slow, stagnant football I'll go to bed. I'm only interested in watching some youngsters anyway.

I'll be particularly keen to watch CC, assuming he plays, to see how he finds and distributes the ball...... the decisions he makes.

Tv doesn't always give the best overview, but it's all I've got to go on.

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
Footy has me drinking on a Monday now when will it stop, just watching the young guy's will be interesting for me....Freddie a late change for anyone would top it off
I think they are hoping to go in unchanged as all the emergencies took some part in the scratch match, that suggests to me that it would be something completely unforeseen for a late change to occur this game.

Goggin Our Best

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2011
sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
I watched that interview with Close ( went for just under 5 minutes ) re being told hes making his debut

He is quite confident in his ability - hope he goes well

Huge game for Parfitt - i do agree with with Art V - that Parfitt is a bit of a tease - Geel have got injuries including the captain out - how about playing a tremendous game for the Cats

Jul 3, 2008
Just under pussy's bow.
AFL Club
Geelong
Relieved to see Duncan and Stewart back.

Interestingly, the coaches obsession over the past few years with having a 'versatile' structure might be his secret weapon over the next month as the turnstile changes come into play. Don't think we have the skill-set to take full advantage, but if we can apply the same pressure to the ball and opposition as we did against Brisbane, then we should seal a victory.

The 10 day break will help and expect Tommy to fire tonight - he has rarely played without Joel and wouldn't want to let him down.

Isaac Norm Smith

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
After all this ongoing Constable talk on here, I really am looking forward to seeing him play tonight. I'm not expecting big things, no one should be given he's only played 7-games, but I'll be watching him super closely..

Aug 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
After all this ongoing Constable talk on here, I really am looking forward to seeing him play tonight. I'm not expecting big things, no one should be given he's only played 7-games, but I'll be watching him super closely..
You can bet that if he has a quiet game, he'll be getting a lot of critique, from the same people who have had no problem with Steven stinking it up all year or guys like Parsons and Zac Guthrie being given games.

Net net, we are fielding a better team than last week I reckon (particularly considering Selwood didn't really play). Duncan and Stewart are huge ins.

I will be be bitterly disappointed with a loss.

We have a very experienced side and we just have to get the job done tonight.

I mean for us we are inexperienced but compared to the opposition we are experienced. Just have to get the job done tonight given what's at stake ladder wise.

Aug 8, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I mean for us we are inexperienced but compared to the opposition we are experienced. Just have to get the job done tonight given what's at stake ladder wise.
24 years/9 months vs 26 years/3 months age average
76.5 vs 110.1 games average

2 players with 150+ games vs 8 players with 150+ games.

So considerably more experienced. But as has often been the case with us during the Scott years, it's not so much about experience as it is about balance. Should guys like Henderson and Taylor be in the same backline at their age? Potentially too many slower older blokes while at the same time a number of young, inexperienced types. Our opponents often have a better spread as far as age and games played are concerned.

Footy Smarts

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 19, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong

Yep we just have to find a way to win. As undermanned as we are they're arguably worse off and much less experienced. Looking for Guthrie to continue his great form and lead the midfield along with Duncan and Parfitt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back