Preview Geelong V Freo @ Optus Monday July 27 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grundy was never coming to Geelong (or any other club for that matter), Nic Nat is perennially injured, English was pick 11, and Goldy and Witts are the wrong side of 30 and have had no success at their respective clubs. Gawn could have been possible, but he was taken in 2009, so no way we could have seen that far ahead (Bomber was also in charge then).

Read this part closely: not one of the aforementioned has won a flag for their club.

Can't draft what we don't have access to.

Read this part closely: English was taken at pick 19.
Read this part even closer: Geelong had pick 17 but traded it to get Henderson.

You actually can draft what you have access to, unless you decide to get rid of that pick. Lol.

Btw making asinine comments like 'I'll type slower', doesn't help your argument. It just makes you come off like a dick.

Oh dear, this will be a first.

Kreuger, Constable, Jarvis, Evans, DeKoning, Schlensog, (yes, he's going to be a good player) Stephens, from those who haven't been getting games
Come on now, some of these names aren't ready for a game let alone games, and are hindered by the lack of competitive matches this year.
Namely Schlensog, DeKoning and Stephens.

The others are more than fair enough.

West Coast's complete destruction of Collingwood makes me a little nervous about our forthcoming WA hub game.
I have to admit to getting a bit of an eye twitch when they took the lead. Could not watch the whole thing.

With the lack of ruckman, no Selwood and no Ablett I think there's a reasonable chance we lose every WA game

Come on now, some of these names aren't ready for a game let alone games, and are hindered by the lack of competitive matches this year.
Namely Schlensog, DeKoning and Stephens.

The others are more than fair enough.
Go back and read what I was responding to rather then jumping up and down in defence of the club mode. You'll have a panic attack soon.

Go back and read what I was responding to rather then jumping up and down in defence of the club mode. You'll have a panic attack soon.
Yes, seeds was crapping on as usual, about no talent this time.
Shame we can't see them this year. Chill, if I was having a crack it'd be far less congenial.

Yes, seeds was crapping on as usual, about no talent this time.
Shame we can't see them this year. Chill, if I was having a crack it'd be far less congenial.
The one good thing about this is that after these next two games we'll be sitting with a top 6 pick and Scott may finally bite the bullet and give some more kids some exposure.

The one good thing about this is that after these next two games we'll be sitting with a top 6 pick and Scott may finally bite the bullet and give some more kids some exposure.
Win or lose. Games will be available.
The same 25 guys aren't playing 5 games in 19 days. We will rest guys and debuts will be available for those that are willing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Win or lose. Games will be available.
The same 25 guys aren't playing 5 games in 19 days. We will rest guys and debuts will be available for those that are willing.
They will be poor circumstance in which to try and judge them as well,weakened sides and more than likely some will be played out of position.

We could also be third on the ladder tomorrow night.

The club's posted a report from the practice match against the Dockers:
https://www.geelongcats.com.au/news/783413/scratch-match-cats-and-dockers-lock-horns

No official score was kept, with both sides boasting periods of ascendancy and the Dockers finishing the stronger of the two sides.

Defender Zach Guthrie was the pick of the Cats, defending bravely in a match of repeated forward thrusts given the open space and low numbers.

Irish Cat Stefan Okunbor returned after six months on the sidelines due to a torn achilles and showed plenty of dash in a full match in defence.

Okunbor was like a bull at a gate, throwing himself at every contest as he showed his hunger to pick up where he left off and continue to learn the Australian game.

Dynamic Cat Nakia Cockatoo got through another full hit-out unscathed, playing the majority of the outing through the midfield.

First-round recruit Sam De Koning played a full match in the ruck in the absence of Darcy Fort and Rhys Stanley, battling manfully against the 203cm, 111kg Lloyd Meek.

I think if we had a better ruck than Stanley, then Stanley would be better as a forward than Esava until he gains experience.

Stanley is a failed forward. Ruck or bust.

Here's the scratch match write up. Not sure if I saw it posted. Cockatoo got through unscathed.

It doesn't start well:

"Defender Zach Guthrie was the pick of the Cats..."
Word is they're going to try Cockatoo as a tall defenders so they can include him and Guthrie next week at the expense of two smalls.

What position is Okunbor playing?

From a post-match interview with Zach Guthrie, looks like he's playing as a defender

“He almost killed me at one stage actually, but it’s good to have him back,” Guthrie says.

“Playing as a defender alongside him is really good, you know he’s going to give it his all and provide a few highlights along the way.

“He’s worked really hard to get back to this point so it’s good to have him back.”

Guthrie and Okunbor patrolled the defensive half, matching up on the talened Cam McCarthy and last year’s number nine draft pick Liam Henry.

Some footage from the practice match today has also been uploaded to the club's website:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back