Preview Geelong V Freo @ Optus Monday July 27 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not gonna relive the past but it was pooey.

And of course we have 11 days to lament the poo.

And now GAJ has gone back home for family reasons. Best to him and his family in this difficult time.

On far less important footy fronts, Selwood, Duncan and Narkle all have hammy issues and Clark has bunged his shoulder and is most likely done for the year.

We also have some bloggers - I refuse to call them Journo's anymore - suggesting a contracting Clark is in the WC wishlist and that some floggo from Syndny is writing flopping artlicles about Selwood using Jimmy Bartel footage.

Fyfe aslo has a hammy cloud this week which might extend to our game.

Needless to say, it will be a different GFC 22 that runs out for the Freo game.

GO Catters

frggr

Fan Favourite (they/them)
May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong
Hrmmm - changes.....hopefully Duncan and Stewart back.

Constable HAS to get a game now with Selwood and Ablett out, surely? Fogarty perhaps too.

Kolodjashnij had a terrible game, but I expect him to bounce back against lesser opponents. Miers too.

Gee Class Loco

Premium Platinum
Oct 14, 2012
Sleepy Hollow
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
West Ham DEN Broncos BOS Celtics
Not many changes other than the 2 injuries and GAJ going home.

OUT; Ablett, Selwood, Clark.

IN; The FOG!! The utensil!!!.... and Parsnip.

Is there an update on Stewart and how he's recovering?

I expect him to return once fit, but would have thought they'd still like to test him via a scratch match first - hoping that once quarantine is over the WA government will permit us to play one of those

Spazz Cat

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 10, 2013
AFL Club
Geelong
May 8, 2006
Melborne
AFL Club
Geelong
Assuming no players returning from injury I would LIKE
out: Steven, Selwood, Ablett, Clark
in: Constable, Fogarty, Cockatoo, Evans?

But of course Steven plays and the ins definitely will include Parsons and Z Guthrie 🙃

Like your ‘LIKE’ ins but ... unlikey.

11 days has got to help chances of the hamstrung three but really shouldn’t take risk unless 100%. Presume too soon for Selwood. Duncan would be handy.

Assuming no returns from injury- I think they’ll be reluctant to drop the experienced Steven.

Think they’ll try to keep structure -

- Clark - Replace by another defender/wing - Zuthrie

- Selwood - replaced by another grunt mid - Fog*

- Ablett - replaced by a mid/fwd - Parsons

* Constable is a possible alternative with a good chance if wet but the zippy Freo players may mean that Fog is preferred.

Evans got to be a chance for the Ablett spot but I suspect they’ll go with a player who can also go in the middle. Think Meirs or Dahl are better swaps for Evans. Must say I’m eager to see him play, hopefully demonstrate potential.

Freddie- if he stays fit his time will come. Suspect it will only be a swap for Sav, Hawk or possibly Rohan. Likewise eager to see Freddie on the pitch but don’t think it will be against Freo.

Of course Atkins or Stewart could come into consideration but I hope they don’t rush them back.

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Hrmmm - changes.....hopefully Duncan and Stewart back.

Constable HAS to get a game now with Selwood and Ablett out, surely? Fogarty perhaps too.

Kolodjashnij had a terrible game, but I expect him to bounce back against lesser opponents. Miers too.
Were talking about Chris Scott here, he wont play Constable...

With the long turnaround between games I'm assuming Duncan gets up. Ideal world nakia is ready to get back in the side so injuries permitting is like:

Out: Selwood, Ablett, Clark
In: Constable, Cocky, Duncan

If cocky is a no then there's a few options. Parsons the most logical based on experience, MC might view that well as having run dry though. Close or Fogarty probably next cab off the rank, though I think Fogarty should come back in as a tagger and with Fyfe out I think we'd be playing out of his best position. Evans is one I wouldn't mind to see.

I'm just slowing going insane seeing a side made exclusively of existing players and no debuts. Feed me something!

Catsmaninamerica

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2007
Cloud break
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Cricket, Surfing
In : Duncan Zuthrie Cockatoo

Out : Ablett Selwood Clark

O'Connor Blicavs Stewart
Touhy Taylor Henry