Preview Geelong V Freo - Part 2 of the AFL Road Trip

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played a reasonable second half but was missing in the first half - you can't have players going missing for long periods in finals.
Put a line through him as a starter now we've got the likes of Rohan and Menegola back for selection.
Not sure you have picked a great example for not going missing in finals with Rohan.

Cant say I get the treatment of Parsons.
Was relatively poor v Hawks- stays in.
Played a very good half, influential, v Swans- dropped.
What does that do to a player's confidence and continuity?
Anyway, we will see what transpires.
Interesting no mention Constable again. Is he injured, or on the outer?
Was hoping we'd spare GAJ and SAV the potential trauma of the ground in Perth.

I'd suggest no Constable this week is also due to no Constable last week either playing or as an emergency.

It always felt like the 26 involved in both interstate games would come from those who went to Sydney, Menegola who flew to Perth, plus Tuohy & Rohan who were managed. Thought that meant it would be unlikely that someone new would make this weeks squad - I'm aware we haven't named an extended bench, I'm meaning 22 named & 4 emergencies.

Plus, no VFL last week made it hard for those in the fringe to push their case for selection - could change next week as we do have a VFL game this week.

Technically, we changed 3 players from last weeks squad - Tuohy, Rohan & Menegola are in, while Taylor, Narkle & Simpson are out; I expect that the latter 2 are headed back for Sunday's VFL, but remains to be seen if anyone else in the emergencies joins them, because surely with Menegola he either plays on Saturday or has to be back here to play on Sunday.

Cant say I get the treatment of Parsons.
Was relatively poor v Hawks- stays in.
Played a very good half, influential, v Swans- dropped.
What does that do to a player's confidence and continuity?
Anyway, we will see what transpires.
Interesting no mention Constable again. Is he injured, or on the outer?
Was hoping we'd spare GAJ and SAV the potential trauma of the ground in Perth.

Parsons- It's pretty straightforward I would have thought.
Told him two games, no matter what transpires then incoming talent replaces him.
He's not done yet, he knows he's valued- because he's young, contracted and they professionally manage every player's head.
If anything, needs to make more of his chances for increased self confidence and to beat off Cockatoo, Narkle and others.

Played a reasonable second half but was missing in the first half - you can't have players going missing for long periods in finals.
Put a line through him as a starter now we've got the likes of Rohan and Menegola back for selection.

Rohan and Menegola are 2 of the worst finals players going around.

I'd certainly be leaving Parsons in the team and resting someone. Ablett/J Selwood/Danger, take your pick.

This is a Freo team that has already shut up shop.

Will be similar to the Sydney game.

Parsons plays the first decent half of his career and gets dropped.. I must admit I laughed
Please.. Go back and watch his FIRST ever game. It was a 4Q high quality effort. The plaudits he got that night were multiple, and it wasn't just because he hit Hodge.
21 possessions, 2 goals, and a Hodgejaw.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll be closer than you think.

18 points.
Is that our total for game?

In all seriousness, clubs have come to our board and said that they'll get flogged before beating us but seriously, we dont have a forwardline. The only thing I'm looking forward to is seeing Carter debut and rack it up 20+ times since its in your half for the whole game

Wasn't s**t last week. Wasn't in one of his two other games this year either. With Parfitt out and Ablett likely needed midfield we need someone wing/hf who can create and or get on the end of opportunities.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 Plus using Tapatalk
He was average overall last week. Nothing special. We gave him a couple of games as insurance incase we got injuries during the finals. Hopefully he won't be needed.

He's not taking us anywhere, anymore than someone like Narkle is. That's the reality.

Wasn't s**t last week. Wasn't in one of his two other games this year either. With Parfitt out and Ablett likely needed midfield we need someone wing/hf who can create and or get on the end of opportunities.

Sent from my Nokia 6.1 Plus using Tapatalk
One good half and suddenly he’s not s**t. Seriously low standards. Any danger he can actually play 4 good quarters like good afl players do?

Well we haven't played good footy since coming after the bye.. don't think this is going to be a walk in the park... Freo are a good chance.
I dont think so but there is a good chance for a win/win here. You guys keep it close, make us look good and Kelly, if he chooses to go he might well
go to us. There's a juicy pick 4-5 in it for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back