Preview Geelong V Freo - Part 2 of the AFL Road Trip

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think so but there is a good chance for a win/win here. You guys keep it close, make us look good and Kelly, if he chooses to go he might well
go to us. There's a juicy pick 4-5 in it for you
What's the temperature about Ross staying or going? He's a great coach. He's also crafty and may already be lining up another job like last time.

What's the temperature about Ross staying or going? He's a great coach. He's also crafty and may already be lining up another job like last time.
I also think he's a great coach but the player need a fresh approach. Three years in a row we have become the worst team in the AFL after the bye. I've recently moved into the "time to go" group.

I think the last week its really turned, there's an air of inevitability about it now. When hes gets the phone call I dont know but I thnk it will happen before the start of next season

I also think he's a great coach but the player need a fresh approach. Three years in a row we have become the worst team in the AFL after the bye. I've recently moved into the "time to go" group.

I think the last week its really turned, there's an air of inevitability about it now. When hes gets the phone call I dont know but I thnk it will happen before the start of next season
He was actually good for Freo when he started. It was incredibly disappointing for most neutral supporters when you lost that GF. So close but that is life.

Anyone with any goss on how Mitchy's feeling today? Did he train?

He was actually good for Freo when he started. It was incredibly disappointing for most neutral supporters when you lost that GF. So close but that is life.
That was one of the few times I was yelling support for the Dockers and coach Lyon. Hawks were gifted three Grand Finals against interstate teams, inexperienced, underdone and overconfident. Of course they had a great team and master coach.

Regardless of Lyon's coaching ability, it just seems he really splits teams eventually into those who love him and those who hate him. From what I've been told he did this at St Kilda too. But when that split starts to go beyond the playing group and into the administration and board, then it's time to go IMO. United we stand, divided we fall.

Have to say loved that thanks dubs, my vintage.....but could be an anthem for the whipping boy squad.

With nothing to say
And no one to say it to
Nothing has changed
You've still got it all to do
Surely you know
The chance has gone by
Think of a boy with the stars in his eye
Longing to reach them but frightened to try
Sadly, you'd say, someday, someday
Very underrated.
He was responsible for the production of the classic Al Stewart Year Of The Cat song.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regardless of Lyon's coaching ability, it just seems he really splits teams eventually into those who love him and those who hate him. From what I've been told he did this at St Kilda too. But when that split starts to go beyond the playing group and into the administration and board, then it's time to go IMO. United we stand, divided we fall.

I've always viewed him as a high impact but short term coach - if he doesn't get you a flag in his first 4 years it's not going to happen.
He seems a polarising type as you point out , he does seem like a yesterdays man compared to some of the coaches around at the moment.
Don't rate him to be honest :(

I dont think so but there is a good chance for a win/win here. You guys keep it close, make us look good and Kelly, if he chooses to go he might well
go to us. There's a juicy pick 4-5 in it for you

There is now - your going for 4 in a row - the old backfiring mock

Weve had a Port supporter a Bulldogs supporter and even a Hawthorn supporter - oh look go easy on us will yah - and they all won !!!

Clearly playing more up the ground this year now we have the Wolf Pack up and running.
5.1 score involvements per game isn't too shabby though - is still an aerial threat going forward , could be handy in September

Missing his marking a lot. With Rohan dropping off there is no one outside Hawkins and Savrat (and Danger when forward) that can take a grab overhead up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back