Game Day Geelong v Gold Coast @ GMHBA | Saturday, 4 July 2020, 4:35pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hours away from the match of milestones

- Jack Henry: 50 games
- Joel Selwood: 300 games
- Gary Ablett: 350 games (240 in blue & white)

Get it done

Possibly, who knows?

Amazing to think that only a few weeks ago fans and administrators alike were talking optimistically about the possibility of reopening Victorian grounds to limited amounts of spectators. Now it seems like we might not even get games in Victoria, let alone games with crowds.

Amazing to think that only a few weeks ago fans and administrators alike were talking optimistically about the possibility reopening of Victorian grounds to limited amounts of spectators.

Exactly, and that included talk of the potential for crowds starting with todays match

Instead, we're playing our last KP game for the foreseeable future, and kinda unknown when we'll be playing in Vic again

No need to say anything about Gaz. He is the goat.
But Joel has carried this club for so many years and so many times carried the team to victory on his shoulders.

If these pussies don't get up for their captain today it really will be more saddening than the 300th for Enright.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Victoria can get the virus back under control we might have some more home games, maybe?

not for at least 5 weeks and maybe not at all. certainly would advantage us more playing at KP but I think Perth will suit us more than the MCG would. Crucial we bank a win at home today. GC are quick and dangerous but on the narrow ground I think we will choke up their ball movement and win narrowly.

Amazing to think that only a few weeks ago fans and administrators alike were talking optimistically about the possibility of reopening Victorian grounds to limited amounts of spectators. Now it seems like we might not even get games in Victoria, let alone games with crowds.

I know and we were even talking about 9 home games and finals at KP which is a big advantage for us...amazing how quick life is changing.

Each game should be approached the same to win.
That’s a fair statement.
But * that.
This is Joel Selwoods 300 and GAJ 350.
Get out there a rip it to pieces. There should not be player who cannot find that extra gear tonight.. and rev the crap out of themselves until the first siren.
Get it done Geelong
Go Catters

The army will have to go in with flamethrowers and eradicate the virus and victorian people sorry guy's lol

Last edited:
Congrats to these 2 legends.
Gaz- bare min the modern day goat
Sel- I mean will never forget how this bloke carried the midfield between 13-15 especially against those top sides (Haw, Freo, Swans) An absolute warrior!

Not enamoured by our usual static game plan but against a quick, skilful and in form team I think it is the right style.

I’m still a bit haunted by our failures in big milestone games (Enright’s comes to mind) but should grind out a win for the champs.

Not enamoured by our usual static game plan but against a quick, skilful and in form team I think it is the right style.

I’m still a bit haunted by our failures in big milestone games (Enright’s comes to mind) but should grind out a win for the champs.
We had so many milestone game worthy recipients come out of the premiership sides and on the whole we have saluted, you can't win them all but agreed it's tough to take when it's a 300 gamer.

Last edited:
If Geelong is a bona fide top 8 team and in contention for a flag, then they have to beat a young GCS today regardless of how well the Sun's have played recently. There are no excuses here. Home ground. Weather that suits our players and the opposition won't be used to. Milestone game for 3 players. If we lose this game, then it's a further indictment on where this club is headed under the current coaching set up.

Having said that, congrats to Gazza, Joel, & Jack on their milestones.

Really looking forward to this game, hoping to see something resembling our best against a side in form.

I have so much admiration for Selwood, I can’t remember one of ours who has played with so much ferocity & intensity both ways, and rarely wavers no matter the occasion, and has underrated skill to boot. I found it a bit silly for Scott to be calling Dangerfield transformational with Selwood as the skipper. I feel he had a big hand in showing our talented 2007 list, all of them, what the will to win and respecting the game means. I’d love him to win a flag as captain but I feel that there are too many in this squad who can’t or won’t play to the level required often enough.

Hopefully we show a glimpse of what we are capable today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back