Preview Geelong V Gold Coast Sat Aug 13 2022 4:35 pm at Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sel, PFD, Blitz, Rohan all expected back.

Maybe Hawkins gets a rest

We aint lost since June.

The desire is there and they are playing as a team and its working.

Long may it continue

Im getting up in 37 mins for work so this is short.

GO CAtters

Would be tempted to leave Danger and Selwood at home to make sure they are prime for finals

In Rohan, Blics
Out: Dahl and 1 rest

If Blics needs another week off i would bring in Neale to help Stanley in the ruck as i don't want him getting hurt before finals(Ceglar was concussed)

ill be there at Metricon this week travelling up with the family from Geelong

Have spoken to the club and they have advised that there will be no Open training or any other opportunity to mix with the players prior to Saturday afternoon

For the Meat Tray

In: Selwood Blitz Rohan

Out: Dalhaus (omit) Smith (Rested) OÇonnor (omit) Ceglar (unused medi sub)

Im heading up for this game, hopefully it’s a good game. I’ll be having a good time regardless unfortunately the family have to stay home for this trip.
If you want a drink make sure you leave just before quarter time If you want to see the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Ins - Selwood, Dangerfield, Blicavs, Rohan

Outs - Hawkins (rest), Smith (rest), Dahlhaus, O’Connor
Strongly doubt Hawkins will be rested. Not something we do with the big guy.
His rests are suspensions and he's fighting for Coleman and AA status. His rest will be the bye week imo.

Have spoken to the club and they have advised that there will be no Open training or any other opportunity to mix with the players prior to Saturday afternoon

That is uncommon for interstate games, isn’t it? I hope we are bunkering down ahead of finals. It’d be a disaster to lose players to COVID at this point of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure if I am remembering correctly but we usually struggle a bit at metricon against them?
Anyway with 2 weeks left and a pre finals bye I wouldn't be resting anyone who doesn't need it. Time for the match committee to make the call on who is in our finals 22.
Yep. I would love to see the side as settled as possible. We don't want to be having numerous changes the next two weeks. I get the whole rest thing, and we've done it well up until this point, but we have only two games before finals so lets get our best side out there in preparation. Keep the strong momentum going.

Only those with genuine niggles should miss IMO.

Club injury report:

• Scans revealed no injury to Danger, completed running session this morning, availability for Suns to be decided later in the week
  • Selwood and Blicavs will return
  • Rohan a test

That is uncommon for interstate games, isn’t it? I hope we are bunkering down ahead of finals. It’d be a disaster to lose players to COVID at this point of the year.
As much as I would have been really pleased to take my son along to any event the club was able to put on around this trip, I totally agree that keeping the players away from any undue risks right now is totally the right thing to do. We'll make do with seats at the game and plenty of encouragement across the fence.

Anyone have the reason Shannon Neale only played 30% game time Sunday,could be a starter v Suns if not injury related.
He didn't play at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back