Preview Geelong v GWS Sat Apr 13 145 Pm @ KP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off the back of 3 Wins....

Things going well... really well..

Got a 9 day break and will need to recover with some injury concerns.

What changes will need to be made. What changes will be made on form...

And how big a love fest do we have for the 4 newbies out there right now.

GO Catters

Press conference:
- Cam Guthrie is a good chance but he's missed a bit of footy so we need to consider things (vfl vs afl)

Seems that the others like Scooter & Tuohy aren't in consideration for AFL vs GWS - at least stage anyway

I said this in this (last?) weeks preview, but I expect a drop in form somewhere.
Perhaps tonight's third quarter was it, if so I'd think we'd be far too good for GWS at home and wouldn't be surprised with a comfortable, never headed kind of win.
But we are as likely to have our drop in intensity, and if we do the class of gws can tear us apart.

Henry or Zuthrie for OConnor youd assume.

Rest TK for Easter Monday. Take no risks there. Cunico or Narkle in for him.

Id rest Sav at some stage but probably not this week.

No other changes, need to get some guys back from injury first and team playing well.

I said this in this (last?) weeks preview, but I expect a drop in form somewhere.
Perhaps tonight's third quarter was it, if so I'd think we'd be far too good for GWS at home and wouldn't be surprised with a comfortable, never headed kind of win.
But we are as likely to have our drop in intensity, and if we do the class of gws can tear us apart.

GWS will try and trouble us for pace but on a narrow ground i think we can box them in. Still will be a tough game though.

I love Sav as he has such raw talent, but does he need a spell in the 2s? Yes his coming back from a serious injury, so do we not rush him and give him a run in the 2s?

Nope.
He's vital for our structure in that he's a handy ruck as well as a target forward.
He's not getting on the end of much yet but he's still out there giving his all and hasn't dropped his head.
We need a second ruck option and right now we only have Sav imo.

No other changes, need to get some guys back from injury first and team playing well.
Yep! Love 'Sparkle'. Clearly there are elements of his game the club thinks need fixing. Has a lot of upside for mine so I'd like to see him running around in the ones before too long.

I love Sav as he has such raw talent, but does he need a spell in the 2s? Yes his coming back from a serious injury, so do we not rush him and give him a run in the 2s?
Who else do you play though. There are literally no other options as a second key forward unless we put taylor forward.

Off the back of 3 Wins....

Things going well... really well..

Got a 9 day break and will need to recover with some injury concerns.

What changes will need to be made. What changes will be made on form...

And how big a love fest do we have for the 4 newbies out there right now.

GO Catters
Geez...the body chocolate hasnt even set on our win over the Crows yet

Who else do you play though. There are literally no other options as a second key forward unless we put taylor forward.
Try Henderson forward . Play Henry back...
Let's see how our 2s side go tomorrow,. I'm not saying Buzza the man but he maybe a option as he might know he has to prove something as he could be on the outer...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dare say Cunico is probably the better player at this stage in their career, but Narkle is more like for like with TK, can do the inside and outside.

I'm not sure but who do you play for SavRat? I def think he needs some time in the two's. Maybe we swing Henderson Forward? or if Henry is fit play him Forward?

I'm not confident with Buzza.

I guess Henry will be a chance, but can’t go super tall down back so maybe Guthrie comes in for O’ Connor . Hopefully Kelly gets up, but sparkle could be a replacement. Form watch for esava and hendo but wouldn’t replace them. Don’t get complacent and it could be 4-0! Go cats
Henry & O'Connor are the same height, Henry is just slightly heavier.

Nope.
He's vital for our structure in that he's a handy ruck as well as a target forward.
He's not getting on the end of much yet but he's still out there giving his all and hasn't dropped his head.
We need a second ruck option and right now we only have Sav imo.
Agree. He's not getting beaten in contests particularly and is presenting well.

Henry & O'Connor are the same height, Henry is just slightly heavier.
hmm interesting. Henry definitely plays taller than O’Connor. Can’t see hendo, Blicavs, Taylor, Henry & Stewart all down back, but who knows? They’re a solid unit those misfits and wouldn’t question Scarlo.

Only forced changes should be made, and they should only be given to those who have earned it. Don't change a winning structure, if all players are performing their role.

P.S. after that 55M goal from Clark, I think I might want to marry him. I wanted him all pre-season and couldn't believe we snagged him at our pick, but my god is he gonna be a good player

No. Too important structurally. Even if he's not playing well he keeps other big key players in the positions we want them in - Rhys ruck rather than forward, Hawkins the opposite and Blics completely in defense. He stays in. He's very young and yes raw so will have good games and bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back