Preview Geelong v Melbourne Sat 30 March at GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guthrie hate has got to stop. Posters are looking very stupid with what they are typing on guthrie.

Couldn't agree more :thumbsu:
We can all have our opinions on various players but they all deserve a chance for a fresh start in a new season.
Heaven forbid - they might have actually worked on their weaknesses over the summer and have improved :eek:
In Bombers words " leave him alone , all of you " :)

Makes sense. Perhaps Ratugolea gets a rest too. Zuthrie in the emergencies might be a nod to next week too.
While I'm hopefully excited about our new Forward line, Tomahawk was still scragged last week. So. . .at the risk of stating ad nauseam. . .Tomahawk is better running out on the lead to Mark. So WHY do players persist with the long, high bomb?

Sometimes pressure othertimes everyone is covered so it will happen quite often.
Hawkins needs to play out around the 50 arc and Sav FF because Tom gets nothing from umps close in.
He's a strong mark when he hasn't got 2 bodies hanging off him, l prefer Scott give him some space.
Sav's big leap is always a threat to defenders so like him deeper.

I am not a fan of Guthrie but I don't get the hate and he is not even playing

It's a bit sad. Once people have made up their minds, that's it, they won't see any good or any positives, just the bad. Sometimes they also see what they want to see. I'm no massive fan, I think he clearly has limitations and can be quite frustrating at times, no doubt about it. But he can be a solid contributor at AFL level (something he has proven ) and still has something to offer this team. Every team needs role players, and that's what he is. He's no superstar, but a solid and versatile contributor who is clearly rated by those that matter.

The good things he does will never be acknowledged by the haters now. People thinking he'll get a massive run in the VFL are kidding themselves, when fit he's in Scott's best 22 every day of the week, so people had better get used to it I'm afraid.

He's pulling on the blue and white hoops, irrespective of what poster's personal views are of him, get behind him, support him - he's one of us and has played nearly 150-games for this great club FFS, which is 150 more that what the haters here have played.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guthrie hate has got to stop. Posters are looking very stupid with what they are typing on guthrie.
Boohoo analysis of Guthrie has been spot on. Stanley copped some hate then turned his game around and is now praised. It is what it is. After years of frustration regarding Guthrie most are over it.

Melbourne have gone in tall in defence naming all of May, Oscar McDonald and Frost.
I'm assuming May/McDonald would go to T-Bone/Sav.
Who will Frost play on? Rohan?
Or perhaps a late change?
Their emergencies are Preuss, Spargo (small fwd), Keilty and Hore (the latter 2 being 194cm & 190cm).
Maybe Frost out, Spargo in. Especially with how the weather is forecast...

Last week I thought the Pies were a bit tall vs our forward line and it appears to be the case again this week.
Hopefully we can take advantage of it...

After years of frustration regarding Guthrie most are over it.

Not only do I disagree with this statement but it is also the reason I do minimal posts here. I expect the vast majority of viewers here like Guthrie and want him to do well albeit that his position in the best 22 is becoming more debatable. All I'm basing this view on is the number of "likes" post receive. I concede the number of actual posts give the opposite opinion (or as you say "most are over it") but for me I find reading these threads negative, inaccurate and unrewarding as a cats supporter. Yep, I agree people have a right to express their views but I'm not sure they have the right to be repetitive and argumentive...nor am I convinced that doing this makes them more likely to be perceived as correct! Apologies for singling you out but it was the last post I read on this topic!

Why does it worry you so much. We're doing fine, and surely it's better that Zach heals properly?

Outside of defending geelong do you actually have a point max ?

Obviously my comment has zero to do with the recovery of zach. And the slightest inkling I question the clubs released timeline you jump to defence. Its tongue in cheek so just calm yourself

I liked ruggles heart and he brought some niggle. But his kicking really let him down. Just turned it over too much.
Ruggles didn’t have bad turnover stats. Do you know who has much lower possession numbers,
and highest rated stat in the AFL is for CLANGERS?
Yes, you guessed it, BEWS!!
Ruggles started his last year as our first pick small back, 3 JLT games in great form,
played rounds 1,2,3 averaging about 18 touches and was our best player in round
1 over Freo. Round 4 he was severely concussed against the Hawks at the MCG.
He missed the next game with the injury and never got back!! He did however break
his collarbone 6 weeks later, and then was not offered a contract at years end.
Does that make sense? Pre season and JLT and up to round 4, Bews was playing in
the VFL as a small forward-mid.
I thought there must be something we didn’t know about the situation, and I did hear
later about concussion concerns with Ruggles, and I know there was also some discipline
issues which started early on.
I’m not sure on the detail but it wasn’t his footy that saw him leave.

Ruggles also had the issue of almost no-one at the club liking him.
Had a pretty big personality/attitude problem to go along with his relative lack of class.

To me its all about ..just how good you are. Plenty of guys have different persoanlities ..and if the player is good enough the otehr guys will live with it or just leave him alone cause he is good for us on the ground. I think Mark Bos was a bit of an Olympic Flame and whether he was a social butterfly or not I think he was wanted as part of the side.
Ruggles got caught too often ..he lacked pace. So he just was not talented enough to compensate for his personality. (which I know nothing of but have not heard anything negative from Leopold)

The last time a current player attracted this much hate his name was stanley. Look where he is now. Our number one ruckman.

I still maintain Guthire has been coached into this situation..hopefully if we are playing a more aggressive game plan he will return to form. He looks good when he takes it on.. and is no worse than Danger in his kicking

Outside of defending geelong do you actually have a point max ?

Obviously my comment has zero to do with the recovery of zach. And the slightest inkling I question the clubs released timeline you jump to defence. Its tongue in cheek so just calm yourself
Someone has to keep you honest Ray.

Why are people talking about Ruggles?

He was a severely limited player who people tried to justify getting a game because he had "mongrel" when that is the key reason people can talk someone up you know they are nothing more than a trier.
He was delisted and we haven't remotely missed or noticed it since

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back