Preview Geelong v Melbourne Sun Apr 11 @ MCG 3:20 pm - Rd 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We hung on to get over the Easter Monday Hawks rivalry.

And that usually comes at a cost. Frank the Tank Evans has done an ankle and Higgins has done a hammy.

Both extremely unlikely for this week.

Sav is still months away. Cameron still 2 weeks and a few players need to London Fog and lift big time.

So there is the potential for several changes.

Of course, there are some locks. Guthrie and Shark were phenomenal, Tomma his usual quality self.

Much work still to be done and playing as we did wont guarantee anything win wise - not to mention the Demons are flying and will be looking to exact their pound of flesh from us after the years of belittling we've done to them.

Oh - and we have a short week too.

Should be a good one.

Sav is still months away.

Where did you get that from? everything I’ve seen and read indicates he could be back in weeks not months. It was classified as a 4-6 week injury and it happens 4-5 weeks ago.

Where did you get that from? everything I’ve seen and read indicates he could be back in weeks not months. It was classified as a 4-6 week injury and it happens 4-5 weeks ago.
KROCK has an injury segment each week now pre game and it was discussed there by their medical person.

The comment was along the lines of the issue is not healing as well as they wanted and is still several weeks away from training.

Go Catters

Here’s what Scott said about Cameron last week: "In a normal scenario he could play on Monday so that leads me to believe that he will pay the following Sunday. I think you will see him moving pretty well today."

Hopefully that’s true and he’s good to go for Sunday. We need him and the sooner he and Hawk can start to gel, the better.

IN: Cameron, Menegola, Close
OUT: Higgins, Evans, Dahlhaus

Team will start to look better from round 5 when Danger and Rohan return and JC is in.

Ins - Cameron, Menegola, Close

Outs - Evans, Higgins, Dahlhaus
This for me too if Cameron gets up. Didn’t like the way Scott said he was “touch and go” but hopefully he was playing his usual game.

You can't run with a fractured leg he will need time to build fitness then there's the confidence side of things to,I wouldn't be putting to many eggs in the Sav basket this year he's coming from a long way back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would rather see Kruger in and play down forward. We need marking options down forward. We were exposed yesterday in the first half for the lack of a forward who could jump at the ball. Henry supplied a bit of that in the second half but against may and Lever I believe we will need more. I know Kruger has been training as a Back but the cupboard is bare and listening to Cameron on radio yesterday I do not expect him to be back this week.

Assuming Cameron and Menegola get up:

Out: Evans, Higgins, Dahlhaus, Stanley
In: Close, Menegola, Cameron, Fort

Narkle ahead of Constable for sub/if Menegola doesn't get up because the pace is more valuable at the moment. If there's no Cameron we have to bring a second target in, even if it's Jenkins. Should lose this one on form but you never know with Geelong. At least in past seasons.

First time I'm tipping the Cats this season the Dee's are 3 and 0 after playing 3 Neville's.

Was about to mention this. Melbourne's victims this season currently sit 15th, 16th and 17th on the ladder.

Outs: Evans & Higgins (both injured)
Ins: Menegola & Cameron/Jenkins

If Cameron isn't right to go then bring in Jenkins as another tall marking option up forward, and I'd be tempted to leave Henry up forward as a 3rd tall in a similar role to what we see from Rohan

Emergencies: Zuthrie, Constable, Close & Jarvis, with Zuth to get the "green" vest and Constable to have a run in the VFL

Holmes is one I'm thinking may be a 75/25 to play against Melbourne, and it's not so much that he'd be omitted & sent straight back to the VFL but more about how he pulls up after the match, and if he & the coaches/medical/fitness staff feel he can back it up in 6 days time or needs to be managed after yesterday's effort

He's admitted to cramping up early in the last quarter yesterday and I feel like he spent a good portion of time on the bench in the last

Hoping he pulls up & recovers ok as I'd like to see him given more games, there was promising signs there yesterday but also don't want to run the kid into the ground too early

Was about to mention this. Melbourne's victims this season currently sit 15th, 16th and 17th on the ladder.

Have you actually watched the dees play this season, they are up and about and this will not be an easy game, they are better than the Hawks.

Here’s what Scott said about Cameron last week: "In a normal scenario he could play on Monday so that leads me to believe that he will pay the following Sunday. I think you will see him moving pretty well today."

Hopefully that’s true and he’s good to go for Sunday. We need him and the sooner he and Hawk can start to gel, the better.

IN: Cameron, Menegola, Close
OUT: Higgins, Evans, Dahlhaus

Team will start to look better from round 5 when Danger and Rohan return and JC is in.
Those ins and outs would be a dream come true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back