goyoucatters

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 31, 2008
Brisbane
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Stockport County, Chicago Cubs
Even with him in we are in terrible shape fitness-wise. He's also unlikely to be in. Not sure our standard 20 minutes of good footy and 3 quarters of protecting a 3 goal lead is going to get us there this time.

Something has to break this week. We either play better and have a chance, or offer up more of the same and lose.

In the end, lightning seldom strikes twice. And it absolutely never strikes thrice.

Something has to break this week. We either play better and have a chance, or offer up more of the same and lose.

In the end, lightning seldom strikes twice. And it absolutely never strikes thrice.
Yeah I think realistically we don't have the availability and the ones we do have are in terrible shape. Ins and outs feel like window dressing. Still 4 grand final players short plus Cameron and Sav and a kid who would have absolutely debuted over Charlie Constable had it not been for the rolled ankle.

They're missing I think Brown only? Harmes and Weideman seem replaceable for them. Plus they've had an extra month of prep and it shows.

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Better have a second tall forward we just managemed to scrape a win and that was about it.
Hawkins controlled to easily by Hawks tall defence almost cost us the game if not for Henry.

Petracca will eat O'Connor 1on1, I'd be extremely confident in that matchup. Oliver is more susceptible to a tag as well IMO, can lose his head a bit.
You've never seen O'Connor play have you?

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
If people were concerned about how slow we played yesterday I highly suggest you don’t watch this Sunday’s game.
We will be in even more defense mode, we did it to them last year and we’ll try and do it again.
10-8 one way or the other
Fort needs to come in, play out of the goal square.
Blitz can still play him back/wing role
We need to make May and Lever accountable

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Better have a second tall forward we just managemed to scrape a win and that was about it.
Hawkins controlled to easily by Hawks tall defence almost cost us the game if not for Henry.

Definitely need a 2nd key forward for this one.
Both Lever and May will mark everything otherwise.

Midfield favors Melbourne as well. Particularly the ruck.
Gawn, Petracca, Oliver, Brayshaw, Langdon, Jones vs. Stanley, Guthrie, Duncan, Parfitt, Smith, Selwood

Good thing their two key forwards are still missing as otherwise, this one may have gotten ugly.

CatRiot

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 3, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
If we bring in Jenkins given the injuries... He has to play as a deep forward, he gets a lot of cheap goals out the back, as he knows how to play that role. And he can chop out in the ruck. But that's the only role he can play, that's if we don't have better options I mean. Its okay to have a player in Best 22 play that role, if we have enough players covering the rest of the ground. Its tactical that way for him, and us.

If we bring in Jenkins given the injuries... He has to play as a deep forward, he gets a lot of cheap goals out the back, as he knows how to play that role. And he can chop out in the ruck. But that's the only role he can play, that's if we don't have better options I mean. Its okay to have a player in Best 22 play that role, if we have enough players covering the rest of the ground. Its tactical that way for him, and us.
If we bring in Jenkins it better be as a 3rd tall not a second. He wouldn't be able to deal with May or Lever.

If we brought in Fort and rotated Stanley and him as the second tall then adding Jenkins to that as a 3rd tall might give them some headaches but then what are we losing at ground level? Can we recreate a 3 tall set up at Kardinia?

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Surely there is 2 things must happen.... I repeat 2 things must happen.

1 Luke Dahlhaus gets dropped and doesn't get picked till he finds consistently form in the VFL... As at his best he is a good player. But until he finds form he plays VFL

2 We play another Key Forward to help Hawkins....
I don't care if it's Jenkins or Fort or even Kreuger, as yesterday's game poor Hawkins was double even triple tagged at times, and still played good.. Don't play Jeremy Cameron until his 100% fit.

Cheers the FoxDog50

Ratcat

Premiership Player
Aug 28, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong

5 magoo's last week means he's cooked.

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
When can you ever believe Scott - especially when it comes to player availability

If he was a real estate agent and a house was next to a public drain - he would tell you its got Water views

Havent listened to one of his press conferences for 3 years - Brad was exactly the same - just 90% spin and nonsense - talk talk talk talk - just for the sake of talking .

I listen to most of them, and he specifically says each time he is asked that he doesn’t fully know when they will be back and he is basing it off what his told and that could change by the day, then he gives a rough idea. Bottom line is it isn’t his call when they are good to play or not, it’s the medical people ( doctor, physio) who tell him when they have ticked the boxes to play.

not so sure why people seem to think this is a coaching pannel call when it’s 0% a coaching panel call.

Jan 13, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
Yep, not ideal at all. Lets hope they can get on top of it, and sooner rather than later..

that is the problem re injuring the same spot twice. Becomes weakened and susceptible, the recovery is more complicated.

the odds of hamstring reoccurrence is 50% also which is abnormally high.

the reoccurrence is typically down to the same action that caused the tear in the first place. Would be interested to know what action he performed to tear it originally

Two Planks

Norm Smith Medallist
May 14, 2012
AFL Club
Geelong
In : Close Menegola Fort Constable
Out : Higgins Evans Kolo Dalhaus

Atkins Blicavs Henderson
Stewart Henry Bews
Smith O'Connor Clark
Parfitt Stanley Duncan
Miers Hawkins Close