Preview Geelong v Melbourne Sun Apr 11 @ MCG 3:20 pm - Rd 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fringe player gets picked and 2 young players who have actually shown promise get dropped*

Fixed that for you. Jesus, the club could honestly drop Hawkins and make Josh Jenkins captain and some people here still wouldn’t question the club.
lol thinking Chook showed anything

Always a melt on team announcements , you know that Zuthrie gets picked because of his flexiblity

just ******* deal with it

Yep! the never satisfied need a whipping boy.
I recall Blitz blaming was once in fashion
Looking for faults in advance only leads to confirmation bias.
Rather remain objective and save the criticism where deserved.

Trust the coaches have their reasons for team selections:- who is fit, in form, position vacant, role required, or team balanced.

Stats aren’t everything but 14 touches and a goal in 5 point win in a half... that’d take Guthrie 3 games to achieve
Having the bloke who won us the game last week in Henry squeezed out of the team round 1 to fit in Z.Guthrie was a ripping call as well. Must polish like an absolute champ.

Id say they already are. Just hope that Guthrie’s finally are as well after tomorrow.
We may both get our wish.
One was a mid 2nd round pick. One a rookie selection.

Slight difference in expectations and ROI.

Nice if Fogarty was still with us. Still not sure why we let him go.
He requested a trade and rarely do we stand in the way of a player who has asked to go elsewhere

We may both get our wish.
One was a mid 2nd round pick. One a rookie selection.

Slight difference in expectations and ROI.

No doubt we need to be bringing in more quality youth. Particularly mids. And players need to make way for those incoming. Just hope that Guthrie is the first out the door. For him to be retained whilst Fogarty is racking up 25 touches in the last fortnight is a bit galling.

Fringe player gets picked and 2 young players who have actually shown promise get dropped*

Fixed that for you. Jesus, the club could honestly drop Hawkins and make Josh Jenkins captain and some people here still wouldn’t question the club.
I saw 1 young debutant who looks to be getting managed this week after struggling to run out their first match, and 1 frustrating fringe player who for whatever reason isn't used towards the end of games be omitted

I saw 1 young debutant who looks to be getting managed this week after struggling to run out their first match, and 1 frustrating fringe player who for whatever reason isn't used towards the end of games be omitted

I saw Holmes omitted on the team sheet not managed so I’ll take the word of the unquestionable match committee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His to hot and cold for me.... more cold than hot... as in big games his never seen...

On another note.. the guy who was athe club and passed away a few weeks back.. at the funeral Rohan sat by himself, where all the players sat all together.. My mate was at the funeral and told me...
Condolences to the person as well.
Frustrating is the best word, the funeral one is very strange
When there’s social media posts and all that jazz he seems to be pretty loved

I saw Holmes omitted on the team sheet not managed so I’ll take the word of the unquestionable match committee.

It's pretty simple really - the AFL gets pedantic on wording used

If he was listed as 'managed' it's highly unlikely he's permitted to play at any level this week, nor would he be able to be the sub

But by listing him as 'omitted' the club is able to name him as the medical sub which in turn presents the opportunity to manage his game time should he be required and utilised

If he was actually omitted after his efforts on Monday with the club wanting him to go back to the VFL and work on things, well he would have been playing VFL today - the fact he wasn't playing VFL gives a pretty good indication that he hasn't been omitted on form or that the club is unhappy with his efforts

Following on from Monday's match he's been open about struggling to run out the match, he was cramping up early in the 4th and had trouble getting himself to the bench - so maybe there's some doubt about his ability to back up off a 6-day break and run out the full 4 quarters, but this way they can actually manage his workload rather than run the kid into the ground

That doesn’t make any sense as Zac stays on the ground while Chook spends more time on the bench than he does on the ground

try harder
Enter Chris Scott..... his the reason

Luke Dahlhaus still on the ground and did nothing...
Chris Scott has his favourites and he just doesn't like Chook.... simple..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back