Preview Geelong v Melbourne Sun Apr 11 @ MCG 3:20 pm - Rd 4, 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that was a diabolical fu** up.
Fogarty had six opportunities to prove he was a better option than Steven last year and at 13.5 disposals and .2 goals per game he simply wasn't.

I'm not saying Jack Steven was a great choice, but he is hardly the reason why Fogarty didn't get a gig. If Steven was bad and Fogarty worse it's hardly a good argument to have gifted him games as well.

Holmes steeping down IMO has zero to do with is form and everything to do with fitness.
Last year was very little footy.

Now he has done pre season and played 2 x VFL games ( very well) and then backup that with an AFL debut in our biggest game of the year ( usually intemsity wise) and was full Domsy at the end.

So asking him on a 6 day turnaround to back up again for a 4 quarter session seems too much too soon.

I get his omission - but h ecould very easily play the sub role - granted a first 1/4 injury is risky.... so the week off makes sense too

GO Catters

I'd love to hear the reasons for Holmes being dropped after one game where he showed a lot.
but tis not one game.. its 3 on the trot.

1 x AFL and 2 x VFL on the back of pre season and not a lot of a base from 2020.

GO Catters

All this “but we played in a GF so our preparation is weeks behind....” hasn’t stopped Richmond playing fast, and attractive footy. Just seems like excuses and spin for a crap game style :rolleyes:
I have watched every Richmond game this year and they are most definitely not playing fast and attractive footy. 85 turnovers on Friday. 66 last week. 73 the week before, and 73 in the opening round. They look rusty as hell.

By comparison we are 62, 58 and 56. If fast, attractive football means coughing it up to the opposition an extra 16 times a game then we would be 0-3 right now.

All this “but we played in a GF so our preparation is weeks behind....” hasn’t stopped Richmond playing fast, and attractive footy. Just seems like excuses and spin for a crap game style :rolleyes:
It did stop them winning against a Swans side playing a raft of teenagers

Lets take the cheery vibe of this preview thread and spruce it up for the GD thread

GO Catters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back