Preview Geelong v Melbourne Sun Jun 28 3pm**** @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a suprise Stanely out again - carbon copy - he plays a half decent game (everyone jumps on a bandwagon about how he's turning a corner etc) first up then turns to s**t the next and gets injured in the process. Now we have to start again with the whole Fort vs Stanley vs Esava s**t.. Good thing this is a shorter season. The fact is they are all bad. Esava was one of Carltons best forwards, Fort should stick to civil engineering and Stanley is as consistent as a politician.

Needless to say - with only one ‘genuine’ ruck left fit (Fort) we wouldn’t want another injury or two. Could have the situation where Blitz has to be the first ruck again , possibly for large swathes of the season - 2020 could get real ugly.

Blitz needs to be permanently dropped, been playing for years and still looks confused with ball in hand.

Esav is no good, constantly running under the ball. -_-

Who is defensive?
Guthrie not a great tank.
Parfitt not a great tank.
Stands goal side defensive side of centre, seems to be running out games in last qr to me anyway.
Not really about rating him, has just shown a lot of promise in AFL games thus far and deserves more games.

Suspect it might have something to do with which posters are happy for him to be given a chance as much as anything.

I agree however, it's all about his defensive ability. It's why I don't rate Cripps. Did you see him Saturday night? Barely moved from the contest. Kept winning the ball. VFL player.

I don't understand how Steven was allegedly training so well, and oh so close to selection, but then ran around like a constipated cheesecake within a few short minutes when his chance came........

Probably because he was never training that well, and it was all bullshit. The club never wants to admit they're wrong so they're going to pick him regardless.

But he's in our best side right Scott?

Last edited by a moderator:
We were told Zac Guthrie was training like a freak in the midfield and then we all witnessed that round 1 horror show. These are strange times we find ourselves in. 🤣

Very simple.

They're full of s**t. The emperor has no clothes and very few are willing to either see it or certainly speak against it. That goes for training, player selection, the total lack of list planning, the selfishness of senior players, lack of focus (it's telling that players think finding nicknames are more important than football skills), and a gameplan that does not stand up to pressure. Boy are we in for interesting times in a couple of years.

Last edited:
Changes -

Sam out for (if fit)Parfitt, otherwise Constable.

Dal out for Clark or Fog

I have a suspicion that Parsons will come in based on scratch match comments but IMO he’s an outside mid at best not a inside mid or half forward.

Sav out for Fort (unless Stanley’s knee knock is bad , then later for Fort). Really need two rucks v Max.

Tempted to put out Henry for Kolo but I suspect the later will need another scratch match.

Keep Stevens in for another game unless his confidence is smashed from that game.

Reckon the buffet table will be more smashed.

Inclined to feel that picking a side based on current form (or even who the opposition is) is pretty much a waste of time.

When you consider the massive changes to the training regimes and the impact that has on the younger players especially, along with the lack of a stable fixture and future planning and no VFL, we've got no idea what the hell is going on, let alone those behind closed doors.

But what I would like to see is some agenda set by the MC to use this season as proper prep for the future. Lets face it - we're an average side with an aging list of A-graders. If we don't start to get games into the under 23s now, we're in deep poo. Might as well be stepping in it now, than swimming in it later.

If any kid under 50 games is fit, he should be automatically selected.

To an extent yes. I would add on the proviso they are selected in their correct position. We've bungled enough careers trying to make players something they're not.

The more I think about it, playing Krueger alongside Hawkins for this year could be extremely beneficial.

Suspect it might have something to do with which posters are happy for him to be given a chance as much as anything.

I agree however, it's all about his defensive ability. It's why I don't rate Cripps. Did you see him Saturday night? Barely moved from the contest. Kept winning the ball. VFL player.
Even had the audacity to push forward and try and kick goals. Who the f**k does this c**t think he is?

Very simple.

They're full of sh*t. The emperor has no clothes and very few are willing to either see it or certainly speak against it. That goes for training, player selection, the total lack of list planning, the selfishness of senior players, lack of focus (telling that players think finding nicknames are more important than football skills), and a gameplan that does not stand up to pressure. Boy are we in for interesting times in a couple of years.
Yeah it's incompetence, and self serving.
Everyone wants it to be things rated internally, KPI's or whatever.
It's not.

To an extent yes. I would add on the proviso they are selected in their correct position. We've bungled enough careers trying to make players something they're not.

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Needless to say - with only one ‘genuine’ ruck left fit (Fort) we wouldn’t want another injury or two. Could have the situation where Blitz has to be the first ruck again , possibly for large swathes of the season - 2020 could get real ugly.
We were lucky with injuries last year, we didn't have the depth to cover.

Heard on SEN Stanley will be out.
I reckon Sav showed something 4th qtr in the ruck, lets give him a go there as we already know what Fort brings. Krueger in up forward
I agree with this but don't think he can be the sole ruck yet. Both our 'comeback' games the fwd line has started to goal after he was moved out, telling.

Would very much like to see Kreuger but only if he is ready.

Very simple.

They're full of sh*t. The emperor has no clothes and very few are willing to either see it or certainly speak against it. That goes for training, player selection, the total lack of list planning, the selfishness of senior players, lack of focus (telling that players think finding nicknames are more important than football skills), and a gameplan that does not stand up to pressure. Boy are we in for interesting times in a couple of years.

I'm hoping, but must admit that pondering the next few years causes me some trepidation

Could be fun tomorrow night on here i think Zuthrie will get picked and even maybe Parsons oh i will laugh if true

We'll probably get a typical game where Melbourne don't turn up. We win easy, Dangerfield, Selwood and Ablett will be all smiles, Rohan will get a handpass over the top in the last quarter and fist pump like he's won the flag (because he cares so much), and it'll be forgotten again.

Probably because he was never training that well, and it was all bullshit. The club never wants to admit they're wrong so they're going to pick him regardless.

But he's in our best side right Scott? Coque. Head.
From what I hear from the other players he trains really hard. He must be taking nutritional advice from stewy dew. Bucket of kfc a day.

Regarding Ratugolea - did anyone else see during the 3rd or maybe 4th quarter when he went to the bench and his hand/wrist was being looked at?

He was standing to the side of things with 2 medical staff and looked like he was indicating an issue - haven't heard anything since, and was wondering if there was any indication of an issue

Maybe as a result of his heroic goal line save?

From what I hear from the other players he trains really hard. He must be taking nutritional advice from stewy dew. Bucket of kfc a day.

On face value on Saturday night - i think most were dissappointed and amazed at how out of condition he was - re body shape

I watched part of his comeback game last year - where he kicked a couple of goals - and did a few useful things - but was way unfit

When Geel got him - i think most supporters thought he would put in a sensational preseason - get lean and mean - and physically look like - when he was a really good player for StKilda - and quick

But at present he looks 1.5 times bigger in body size than when he was a gun player for the Saints

To pick him for Sat night was a joke - in his current physical condition i dont think he should be played again

It's free money backing the Cats this week, folks.

Geelong have been going WLWLWLWLW etc for about 15 games now. And just as sure as an underwhelming performance follows a top notch one, the boys almost always bounce back after a deplorable effort. This is the Covid19 season so there's more uncertainty as to whether these trends will truly hold up, but if they do I expect Geelong to win this week.

Technically we broke the WLWLW pattern at the start of the year - we lost last years prelim final & lost the first game this year, so our pattern has turned into WLWLWLWLLWL

Be interesting to see what comes first this year - consecutive win or loses

Technically we broke the WLWLW pattern at the start of the year - we lost last years prelim final & lost the first game this year, so our pattern has turned into WLWLWLWLLWL

Be interesting to see what comes first this year - consecutive win or loses
Haha talk about an extremely literal interpretation that misses the point. I essentially mean there hasn't been a run of consecutive games (week to week) where the win or loss sequence has extended beyond one. So taking a losing momentum from one match and then replicating it the next, or vice versa. The last match of 2019 has nothing to do with the first match of 2020. So that streak is alive in a practical sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back