Preview Geelong v Melbourne Thu Jun 22 720 pm @ GMHBA

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glad Rhys is back and that Danger did not play.

As others have noted we have quite a few key players down/carrying niggles. So I can't see us getting up against their rucks, mids and Fritsch who always plays well against us.

We are better balanced with Rhys/Blitz now but sadly not enough IMO.

Surprised to see only one change. Bews, Close, Kolo/ Henry senior a bit lucky.

Looks like rewarding mediocrity to me. Or is it last throw of the dice? Knevitt and Dempsey entirely earned a chance and could Bowes be any inferior to Bews?
It looks like the dice option. Keep giving the same players the chance to come good.

Still worry about our mids they're not getting big numbers or clean use for long enough. Still think we will get the win but I have a peanut brain..

Midfield battle on paper is more even than the Bulldogs game I reckon.

Gawn, Grundy, Petracca, Viney, Jordon, Langdon, Neale-Bullen, Hunter

vs

Stanley, Blicavs, Holmes, Bruhn, Atkins, Duncan, Smith, O'Connor

We need Bruhn and Holmes to play as they started against Port, and Blicavs and Atkins to crack in like they did in the Bulldogs game. I don't think it's mission impossible though. Port's midfield group was better than that.

Surely Zuthrie goes to Fritz and O’Connor annoys Trac all game. I actually think we win this one, hopefully Scotty’s 300 gets us over the line.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It looks like the dice option. Keep giving the same players the chance to come good.
I agree. And if I was the club then I would do same thing. Just because me as a supporter has given up (albeit I have up before the Dogs win and then believed, thought back to back was a certainty at Qtr time aagainst Port and then started looking at top 10 draft players by the end of the game!!)…the club will absolutely believe they just need a few weeks of “best 22” available and they can then get on A role

Win this week and they could peel off 4 in a row and be talked about in a different way. Even if they lose as expected this week they will still back themselves to win the next 3 whilst getting continuity into the team for an assault in the last couple of months.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Game Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back