Preview Geelong V North, Sat 2 July 2022 @ KP 7:25 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wasn't suggesting we rest "heaps of players", but rather that we could find room for ONE of Stephens, Neale or Dempsey.

Further, we made no less than 8 changes after the epic game v the Saints in 2009.

So i persist in my view that the MC is incorrigibly conservative. It may be that Stephens will come in as a late change; he was very good last week in the VFL and even his kicking seems to be improving.

As for Mieirs I'll be convinced when he plays an excellent final.

I'm not sure if this means anything, but I wonder if Hawkins will be a late out... as my mate sent a photo of his kids with Hawkins up at Finley tonight...

Last edited:
Surely Chris Scott isn't low enough to be playing selection games against Norf!

It just seems weird that Danger is named... Surely he can be a late out, it just seems so obvious that'll happen that surely it couldn't (if you'll know what i mean).

How are you sure of this? Don’t we only have a 3 man leadership group?
If it was a four man group it would be Blitz in next.

The 2021 group had Blicavs, O’Connor, Duncan and Tuohy in it as well. Of those I just think Blicavs is next most likely.

Attachments

• FBE2C41C-C074-4F8E-B986-2E74D0175498.webp
    58 KB · Views: 13
I'm not sure if this means anything, but I wonder if Hawkins will be a late out... as he sent me a photo of his kids with Hawkins up at Finley tonight...
Hawkins sent you a photo?

If it was a four man group it would be Blitz in next.

The 2021 group had Blicavs, O’Connor, Duncan and Tuohy in it as well. Of those I just think Blicavs is next most likely.
I'd love O'Connor to be captain for the day just to see the epic melts in here over something so pointless as who is 4th in line for the captaincy.

Most likely

Though I do remember Blicavs talking last season that when he did stand in as the skipper for one match that he fluffed the pre-match pep talk and he's happy to leave that to someone else

Most likely

Though I do remember Blicavs talking last season that when he did stand in as the skipper for one match that he fluffed the pre-match pep talk and he's happy to leave that to someone else
ok, Zac Tuohy- even if he fluffs it, none the wiser...
Or Duncan, CGuthrie

Sorry I'll edit it.... my mate that lives in Finley
I thought it would be something like that but there was a missed mention

All good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who knows, may not mean anything but could mean Neale could be in for Hawkins
Hawkins looks like he's in need of a rest
Would rather see Sav get another chance up forward with JC, but maybe Neale is next in line according to emergencies

As someone said, some of the players (e.g. Hawk) would want to play for Mitch's 250th.

But I'd surprised if there isn't at least another change and possibly two. Stephens surely comes in.

I wasn't suggesting we rest "heaps of players", but rather that we could find room for ONE of Stephens, Neale or Dempsey.

Further, we made no less than 8 changes after the epic game v the Saints in 2009.

So i persist in my view that the MC is incorrigibly conservative. It may be that Stephens will come in as a late change; he was very good last week in the VFL and even his kicking seems to be improving.

As for Mieirs I'll be convinced when he plays an excellent final.

I would expect stephens to come in given our penchant for late changes and playing melb in 5 days if ever theres a week where we make a couple of late changes i expect this to be it. I expect stephens to play and higgins will probably play or be the sub.

I'm not sure if this means anything, but I wonder if Hawkins will be a late out... as my mate sent a photo of his kids with Hawkins up at Finley tonight...

Wouldnt surprise me hawkins smith and tuohy are three of our oldest and all structurally crucial against melb so i would expect one of them to miss. That said im sure he wants to play in duncans milestone game.

As someone said, some of the players (e.g. Hawk) would want to play for Mitch's 250th.

But I'd surprised if there isn't at least another change and possibly two. Stephens surely comes in.

I just hope guys playing now doesnt affect their ability to back up on thurs. No disrespect to north but next week is where we need our best team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back