Preview Geelong V North, Sat 2 July 2022 @ KP 7:25 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we give 2 ot 3 a rest .. in Smith, Duncan, Tuhoy...
Especially Duncan seems now picks up a hamstring, I would rest Smith and Duncan...
Has Duncan done a hamstring?

I think they will be a touch nervous leaving Selwood, Hawkins out, with Stewart and possibly Danger missing but they really need a rest.

So very likely we will see Higgins and Esava, not Neale and Dempsey.

Out: Hawkins, Selwood, Stewart
In: Esava, Higgins, Stephens

I think Rohan will need a VFL run, he has not had much football.
You are probably right - I just hope you are not!

I posted about this aboout a month ago but could not find the specifics to it.... do you recall what they did for uis?

I know they were instrumental in our survival... but dont recall the important bits

Go Catters

The whole story is here somewhere.
All I remember is that clubs weren’t interested in the two hour trip to geelong.

And geelong effectively didn’t have a club due to so many being lost in the war.

Geelong was obviously omitted from being able to vote us back into the league.
The votes were split. 5 for, 5 against.

The casting vote was left to north.
And here we are.

Daz, I’ve just thought of who would know.

There was a person who used to post here. Was it robertsresults? Definitely it ended in results.

I think his name was Michael. He co-authored a historical book about us.

Ratugolea surely reprises his role in the 2s. Higgins instead of Stephens is a possibility.

I'm going with

Rohan, Neale, Dangerfield in with the same outs

Edit: had forgotten Dangerfield existed
I only consider Ratugolea because I know the club rates him more highly than I do and they’ll want to have him “in play” as we head into finals.

I can’t imagine how Dangerfield plays against North and then 5 days later. Surely he’s saved for Melbourne. Assuming there really is nothing wrong with his calf as they insist.

I would like Sav brought in and Hawkins rested

Re Sav - i dont think he will make it as a ruckman - and i dont think he will make it as a CHF - hasnt got the football smarts - and has got an awkward ball drop

However he is a very good overhead mark - his one hope of making it in the AFL - is at FF - play him from the goal square - thats how id like him to play against Nth Melb - i think he is a chance to make it at FF

Hawkins who is 34 was deadset hopeless against Rich - played from behind - so i dont think it would be unfair to say next year may be his final year . And Geel have to make a decision on Sav - and Full forward is his only chance - so thats why id like him in this Sat - with an eye to the future

Rest anyone who's sore or due for a week off, show them zero respect.

Watched the game yesterday, their own players don't even care at this point. Could play 15 minutes of good football and win, but percentage will be crucial this year so we've. got to make this a thrashing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calling north the tassie Roos is complete s**t stirring.
Actually, it’s pathetic.
You should be better than this but you obviously aren’t.

Change the effing heading!

Have you seen what opposition boards name us in their pregame threads? Our mods are the most respectful on this site. Measured, and take each week as it comes with ample respect to the opposition.

Meanwhile we've got supporters of minnow, unsuccessful clubs calling us handbaggers, duckers and so on...Ridiculous.

How about this…
Rest Hawkins. Not because he had a quiet one against Tigers, but because it’s the “safest” opportunity to do so.
Ratagolea comes in as FF and chop out ruck in the F50. Or Neale if MC/CS wanna go that way. If they don’t play Ratagolea, it would be danger signs for his future at the Cats but I think he’s next in line after Hawk and Jezza.
Stewart out, Henry goes to defence and Rohan comes in.
If they choose to rest Sel, then it’s Cooper Stephen’s, surely? If not, perhaps Higgins against his old mob? If they don’t, rest him against Port in 4 weeks.
So in closing:
Out: Stewart, Hawkins
In: Rohan, Ratagolea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like Sav brought in and Hawkins rested

Re Sav - i dont think he will make it as a ruckman - and i dont think he will make it as a CHF - hasnt got the football smarts - and has got an awkward ball drop

However he is a very good overhead mark - his one hope of making it in the AFL - is at FF - play him from the goal square - thats how id like him to play against Nth Melb - i think he is a chance to make it at FF

Hawkins who is 34 was deadset hopeless against Rich - played from behind - so i dont think it would be unfair to say next year may be his final year . And Geel have to make a decision on Sav - and Full forward is his only chance - so thats why id like him in this Sat - with an eye to the future

Harsh re Hawkins. He’s playing career best footy this year. Could easily and will go around next year as he should. GFC are not gonna push Hawkins out the door for one mediocre match.

I wouldn't mind rest either Cameron or Hawkins...
Especially Cameron as his history in injurys
My multi really doesn’t want Cameron to miss these types of games
How about this…
Rest Hawkins. Not because he had a quiet one against Tigers, but because it’s the “safest” opportunity to do so.
Ratagolea comes in as FF and chop out ruck in the F50. Or Neale if MC/CS wanna go that way. If they don’t play Ratagolea, it would be danger signs for his future at the Cats but I think he’s next in line after Hawk and Jezza.
Stewart out, Henry goes to defence and Rohan comes in.
If they choose to rest Sel, then it’s Cooper Stephen’s, surely? If not, perhaps Higgins against his old mob? If they don’t, rest him against Port in 4 weeks.
So in closing:
Out: Stewart, Hawkins
In: Rohan, Ratagolea

People need to go away with Sav
He’s pure garbage

Sav is the replacement player for Hawk if Hawk needs a rest. The reason Sav struggles is because he needs to play as the stay at home key forward and can't because Hawk does that. They're too similar.
Sav as stay at home foward, for me means, 5 dropped marks, 3 taken and 0.3 kicked. Adds nothing. Neale stonger, more footy smarts, will hold marks and will be able to convert. Sav has to be sacrificed to try and keep Neale longer term

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

This is quite possibly the best chance to give any of our guys who are sore a game off leading into a 5 day break and Melbourne.

Out: Stewart (susp) Hawkins (Sore) Selwood(managed) Kolo (Omit)

In: Rohan Neale Stephens Dempsey

This is quite possibly the best chance to give any of our guys who are sore a game off leading into a 5 day break and Melbourne.

Out: Stewart (susp) Hawkins (Sore) Selwood(managed) Kolo (Omit)

In: Rohan Neale Stephens Dempsey
Kolo is not going out and nor should he.

If Danger is right to go then you have to trust that the fitness/medical guys have signed off in it and are OK with the 5 day break after North.

So for me it is:

In: Danger, Rohan, Neale
Out: Stewart, Hawkins (rested), Selwood (managed).

Hawkins looked sore I wonder whether his back might have restricted him.

Kolo is not going out and nor should he.

If Danger is right to go then you have to trust that the fitness/medical guys have signed off in it and are OK with the 5 day break after North.

So for me it is:

In: Danger, Rohan, Neale
Out: Stewart, Hawkins (rested), Selwood (managed).

Hawkins looked sore I wonder whether his back might have restricted him.

And why wouldn't he be.

He was single handedley responsible for at least 3 Richmond Goals on the Weekend and doesn't have a match up against north

Larkey - SDK
Zurhar - Henry
Stephenson - Bews
Thomas - Touhy
Curtis - Z. Guthrie

So where does he play

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back