Preview Geelong V North, Sat 2 July 2022 @ KP 7:25 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

FOUR WEEKS FOR STEWART

And it's four weeks for Tom Stewart.
Tribunal chair Jeff Gleeson said:
"The bump was late. He (Prestia) was wide open, exposed and vulnerable.
"Stewart had sufficient time to see Prestia had not taken possession.
"He ran past the ball and made a conscious, albeit split-second, decision to bump Presita at speed.
"The degree of carelessness was high.
"He breached his duty of care by some margin."

Who do you think becomes the defensive playmaker with Stewart out.
With you go with Duncan in his 250th or Tuohy like in the finals last year?

Duncan.

This is our only opportunity to rest a few of the older / sore bodies with a 5 day break inbound.

The games following; Carton (looking at top 4), WBD, GC, STK are all playing for a position in the top 8. They will be tough.

It might be obnoxious but I would swing multiple changes. We have a lot of depth to give a run:

In: Higgins, Dahl, Sav, Stephens, Rohan
Out: Stewart, four players in need of a rest (Hawk and Selwood both look like they need one)

Some of the older players will play this week or next but not both given their age (i forgot the 5 day break). So selwood is a monty to rest this game so he can play melb. Higgins the other way probably plays this week against his old mob but not melb. Id be resting either smith or tuohy this week (maybe both) as wings are important in shutting down langdon for melb.

If I was going to have a guess, I beat you Esava will play this weekend.... id rather give Neale a chance but I beat you it will be Esava

The only justification for playing sav would be to allow blitz to play back for a week so we can rest de koning (melb off a 5 day break might be a big ask for the kid) but on form sav deserves to be nowhere near the team and he isnt best 22.

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
The only justification for playing sav would be to allow blitz to play back for a week so we can rest de koning (melb off a 5 day break might be a big ask for the kid) but on form sav deserves to be nowhere near the team and he isnt best 22.
The only reason is they just keep gifting him games.. it won't be for any reason for Blitz or anything, it's just like they have for ages

Who do you think becomes the defensive playmaker with Stewart out.
With you go with Duncan in his 250th or Tuohy like in the finals last year?
They'll throw Zach Guthrie back in as the replacement on paper but I think Henry will be the intercept and rebound role

The only reason is they just keep gifting him games.. it won't be for any reason for Blitz or anything, it's just like they have for ages
I think that's done now. They finally understand Blitz-Stanley is the ruck combo they've been needing all along

My Tilly

Premium Gold
Jun 30, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Geelong are 66 point favourites :oops:
We have been in the spotlight all week and I'm sure players will be a little put off by it all. Was a taxing and physical game just after a long trip back from Perth. To come out against a team literally on it's knees and copping it's own criticisms from past players and those in the media . . . that is a lot of points to cover.

Sep 11, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
Geelong are 66 point favourites :oops:
We have been in the spotlight all week and I'm sure players will be a little put off by it all. Was a taxing and physical game just after a long trip back from Perth. To come out against a team literally on it's knees and copping it's own criticisms from past players and those in the media . . . that is a lot of points to cover.
J Cam to kick 10 please.
If Mckay plays forward again.
It will be 66 points at half time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lana

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 23, 2010
AFL Club
GWS
And why wouldn't he be.

He was single handedley responsible for at least 3 Richmond Goals on the Weekend and doesn't have a match up against north

Larkey - SDK
Zurhar - Henry
Stephenson - Bews
Thomas - Touhy
Curtis - Z. Guthrie

So where does he play

They play two ruckmen, one resting forward, also Tuohy won't be on Thomas

I think that's done now. They finally understand Blitz-Stanley is the ruck combo they've been needing all along

We will move blitz for a week if we need to rest sdk but in finals no way does he not play 2nd ruck i agree with you.

PeasFC

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
And why wouldn't he be.

He was single handedley responsible for at least 3 Richmond Goals on the Weekend and doesn't have a match up against north

Larkey - SDK
Zurhar - Henry
Stephenson - Bews
Thomas - Touhy
Curtis - Z. Guthrie

So where does he play

One of Xerri / Goldstein was often fwd and they played Mckay fwd all game last week.
I think they will move McKay back to play on Hawkins and play CCJ who was an emergency last week.

Kolo one hundred percent plays this week and we absolutely need him too.

PeasFC

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Zac Guthrie for the intercept marking and probably Duncan as the distributor/kicker.

That's exactly what happened last year. Z Guthrie was the spare and we used Duncan deeper to start our chains.
One winger seemed to increase their defensive positioning too - Touhy / Smith or Duncan seemed to be dropping behind the footy more aggressively with Stewie out.

Thos suggesting Dal, Higgins and Rohan must want us to break the oldest team record.

They're all deck chairs ( see Titanic - the sinking of).

Its about rotation bring them in allows other players to rest before the melb game then we swap them so we have our best team against melb.

Sire of Claude

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Yes but do we want them all in at the same time? Either one of Higgins or Rohan might be able to help cover for Stewart. I wouldn't play Dal at all: far better to give Dempsey another opportunity.

It's most unfortunate that 3 of our latest draftees have largely been unavailable: we could have been blooding them instead of recycling the likes of the above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back