Preview Geelong v Port Adelaide Rd 13....somewhere...sometime soon...maybe

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thread title will get fixed once its all official which is kinda like me saying im gonna be doing a specific gig in 6 months time.

The moral being - i'll believe it once the first cheque clears. And once this game actually starts being played, ill adjust the time and location. The only sure thing is we suck after a bye.

That all said, we have some pretty good inclusions coming this week AFAIK.

PFD, Blitz ,Duncan and Guthrie all should be ready. PFD will prob play 60% F50 you'd think having not had match practice but if nothing else he's gonna be chomping at the bit to play.
The others have had 2 weeks off but should be fine fitness wise.

Whom goes out?
Holmes probably, Zuthrie for sure, does Stanley or Sav go out and is Dahl the last one gone?

Whomever makes the 23.... its a massive 8 point game for us in the string of 4 games that really will define where we finish. Go 3-1 and we should be Top 4 - but whom really knows.

Get the 4 points Geelong.

GO Catters

Danger will want to play. He has a good record against Power. But I suspect the Club will err on the side of conservatism and give him another week.

Ins: Duncan, Blicavs, Guthrie
Outs: Zuthrie, Holmes, Stanley

O’Connor is the interesting one. Where is he going to get match fitness from with no VFL games? He is definitely best 22

IN: Blicavs, Dangerfield, C.Guthrie, Miers.
OUT: Stanley, Holmes, Dahlhaus, Z.Guthrie.

I'm thinking O'Connor must be close too?

In: Blicavs, Guthrie, Duncan
Out: Ratugolea, Zuthrie, Holmes

I don’t know how Miers fits unless they are willing to cull Dahlhaus.

PFD and O’Connor next week.

Last edited:
The stringencies placed on the team by the SA government should see AFL move this game. When you start defining requirements where it affects wives and children for a team that comes from an area with no cases , things have gone too far. Oven gloves and do not touch the ball. Do they really want the game?

Geelong for once are not front of the pack coping all the wind at this time of the year. Not such a bad thing if they can keep creeping along letting other be looked at and studied. It will be about who has the fittest side and who has strong believe in Sept. It like we give a splash of juice to the accelerator every now and then and test if the engine is their. Yep all there.. and ease of again, and slip back to doing enough to win and just get the wins. One look at a side like Carlton can see what happens when you do not get the "W's" that you should, so I think we are going along reasonably atm

Port and Dogs to come. We need one at least.. and Port traditionally (since 07) have not liked us , and not like playing us. Long may it be so.

Is Danger ready to go? If so it might be hard to hold him back. Id prefer to but I suspect he will be straining the lead.

Duncan Guthrie Blitz come back.

Meirs not sure he may have to wait.

MOC , no idea if he is right or not but that a lot of ins. He might wait as well. He could be useful
v the Dogs.

Off a rest Stanley seems to be the way to go. A fresh RS is about as good as we have.

Get the win ..and stay fit and get back home and leave them to the oven gloves.

The thread title will get fixed once its all official which is kinda like me saying im gonna be doing a specific gig in 6 months time.

The moral being - i'll believe it once the first cheque clears. And once this game actually starts being played, ill adjust the time and location. The only sure thing is we suck after a bye.

That all said, we have some pretty good inclusions coming this week AFAIK.

PFD, Blitz ,Duncan and Guthrie all should be ready. PFD will prob play 60% F50 you'd think having not had match practice but if nothing else he's gonna be chomping at the bit to play.
The others have had 2 weeks off but should be fine fitness wise.

Whom goes out?
Holmes probably, Zuthrie for sure, does Stanley or Sav go out and is Dahl the last one gone?

Whomever makes the 23.... its a massive 8 point game for us in the string of 4 games that really will define where we finish. Go 3-1 and we should be Top 4 - but whom really knows.

Get the 4 points Geelong.

GO Catters
I try never to use who or whom.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its difficult with no vfl for the guys coming back from injury so we might have to stagger their returns. Which of Stanley or Sav gets dropped for Blitz is a line ball call (i cant see us picking all three of them).

My best guess is Duncan Guthrie Blitz and for Holmes Zuthrie and Sav. Clark sub again.

Id hold off PD another week and ditto MOC and Miers.

Danger will want to play. He has a good record against Power. But I suspect the Club will err on the side of conservatism and give him another week.

I reckon he loves sticking it up the Port crowd all the way back from his Crows days.

Seems odds on this game will be played on Thursday night and thank the lord - we need footy right now!

I reckon he loves sticking it up the Port crowd all the way back from his Crows days.

Seems odds on this game will be played on Thursday night and thank the lord - we need footy right now!
I'm with the last part. Oof. The weekend was a struggle. Game can't come quick enough

Its difficult with no vfl for the guys coming back from injury so we might have to stagger their returns. Which of Stanley or Sav gets dropped for Blitz is a line ball call (i cant see us picking all three of them).

My best guess is Duncan Guthrie Blitz and for Holmes Zuthrie and Sav. Clark sub again.

Id hold off PD another week and ditto MOC and Miers.
Sav would be luck to survive a 4 disposal no marks one tackle and 8 hit outs last game.

Sav was poor after a good start last time. Guthrie and Duncan are the only certain inclusions. Danger will have to wait and the others may be asked to return via the VFL. Close surely retains his place, so in time Dalhouse will have to make way for Mieirs.

Love to see Clark in but it won't happen.

Port's outs, for those wondering. Last updated Tuesday 01/06/21:

Trent BurgoyneHamstring1-2 weeks
Ryan BurtonKneeAssess
Zak ButtersAnkleTBC
Tom ClureyJaw4 weeks
Xavier DuursmaKnee4-6 weeks
Orazio FantasiaKnee3-4 weeks
Jarrod LienertConcussion1-2 weeks
Jackson MeadSpleenTBC
Jake PasiniShoulder2-3 weeks
Tom RockliffDVTTBC

Port's outs, for those wondering. Last updated Tuesday 01/06/21: