Game Day Geelong V Richmond 2020 AFL Grand Final

Who Will Win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still remember going through 07-11 and thinking that getting into the big dance was fairly straight forward as a kid. How have much I learnt since then!

Absolute privilege to supporting this great club.

If we can consistently
- Win the ball at the source
- sound decision making going inside F50
- limit their run from D50
- and most importantly be clinical when finishing off ( esp watching a replay of the first half in last year’s PF)

Fairly calm for some strange reason. Lets go and beat these campaigners. Stage is set...

Great OP :thumbsu:

Tried to have this soak in and enjoy this week but it never does. We're in a god damn grand final, the ninth in my lifetime.

Maybe it will when I'm sitting in a beer garden here in Perth early afternoon.

My mate's daughter's christening is this morning. Going to the ceremony to be in the church, get another quick prayer in for a bit more divine intervention for the boys.

That last time out against them stains my thoughts more than any hope but it's more than doable. GO YOU MIGHTY CATS.

Slept much better than I anticipated I would - only thing that interrupted was the rain, and me trying to work out how that would interrupt my walk down the court later this morning to buy me Saturday morning coffee

Bring on tonight

Can confirm: raining in Brisbane already
I meant to tell people that a consistent rain % chance of 30-40 throughout the day means you are definitely getting some consistent spells. If it's below 20% you might get lucky. They tend to go conservative. Anything above 50% is literally a certainty (+/- an hour so so), as counter intuitive as that sounds.

My heart wants Geelong to win, my head says it'll be Richmond. Sorry, I know I've been 'that guy' through the finals series that hasn't tipped Geelong, and I don't think I can change now. They've done an amazing job to reach the GF, but they've been Richmond's bitch for five years now and I don't think that'll change tonight.

Richmond by 6 pts.

My heart wants Geelong to win, my head says it'll be Richmond. Sorry, I know I've been 'that guy' through the finals series that hasn't tipped Geelong, and I don't think I can change now. They've done an amazing job to reach the GF, but they've been Richmond's b*tch for five years now and I don't think that'll change tonight.

Richmond by 6 pts.

Not sure that's exactly right

The win/loss record to Richmond over the last 5 years is 3 wins / 5 losses and 2018 is the only year we didn't registered a win over them. Even then we nearly got them in our second clash but Ablett missed a goal he'd kick 8/10 times, and only went down by 3 points

I know we haven't dominated them over the past 5 years, but I wouldn't say that makes us their bitches - just been some good clashes between 2 teams and Richmond's currently on the positive side of the equation

Wasn't meant to get this far without Tim Kelly

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to doze off (not very hard clearly) here in North London before an early alarm call to head down to Belushi's in London Bridge to watch on the big screen. Inherently aware how ridiculous it is that with 20k+ new cases in the UK today, we're still able to visit pubs when Melburnians can't even have a barbie with their neighbours but even a global pandemic won't stop me from watching my mighty Cats in the big dance after a failed attempt arriving home just in time for our losing prelim last year.

My gut feeling:
Cats by 10
First (and last) goal - GAJ
Normie - Danger

I can't deal with Richmond winning another, hopefully the boys are switched on tonight and can kick it through the big sticks.. I don't want a repeat of 2008
We are not runaway favs like we were that year.
We didnt dominate like we did that year.

There is nothing the same about today and 2008. But good on you for drawing another sad analogy. The only thing that might be the same is not wanting to lose. I will certainly give you this - no one needs more Tiger flags.

Go Catters

Not sure why people are so worried about the weather. I think Richmond's chaos ball works best when it's dry. If it is wet both teams will have to push the ball forward. It just dulls their main weapon if it rains imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back