Preview Geelong v Richmond 2020 Grand Final Sat Oct 24 @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm kinda hopefully that some of the crazy defensive match ups were also deliberate and not what we'll be seeing come Saturday

It was frustrating seeing O'Connor one out with Riewoldt, and even more so after Lynch went off injured - thinking that surely we don't see that match up again this week

I think you're right on that. Riewoldt's not quite as quick as he used to be - would probably see Hendo on him. Kolo gets Martin when forward, not sure who takes Lynch - probably Taylor.

O'Connor to a Rioli type, perhaps? Or is that calling for the Bews Blanket(tm), with O'Connor rolling to Castagna?

Has Kolo played on Dusty before?
Apparently so

In past battles against Richmond, the steady, sturdy and reliable Cats backman has taken on Martin. He's ready to reacquaint himself with the two-time Norm Smith medallist in Saturday night's Grand Final, with Martin short-priced favourite to take home a record third best-on-ground in a flag decider.

Kolodjashnij says he will wait to see what defensive coach and Cats great Matthew Scarlett decides, but that he would be ready to take on Martin on the biggest stage.

"I've been on Dusty a few times. I'll just wait to see what Matty Scarlett wants to do there," Kolodjashnij told AFL.com.au.

"If he gives me the tap on the shoulder come Thursday I'll be more than happy to play on Dusty. It's obviously a big role and he's a key player for them, so it's a challenge I'm looking forward to if it does come my way."

Guthrie on Martin around the ground, Kolo when he goes forward - just need to make sure the hand-off is clean
Yes agree. I hope the cats take a leaf out of Dusty's book at the centre clearances especially , yet also around the stoppages. When Martin gets the ball at a centre bounce he just bangs it forward. Whereas Geelong players hold onto it , look for the handball and can be indecisive . It infuriates me. Yes it's game style and what not, but i hope they get rid of it more quickly and drive it into Tommy. Those little handballs invite the pressure. And we know the tigers will bring the pressure!

Yes agree. I hope the cats take a leaf out of Dusty's book at the centre clearances especially , yet also around the stoppages. When Martin gets the ball at a centre bounce he just bangs it forward. Whereas Geelong players hold onto it , look for the handball and can be indecisive . It infuriates me. Yes it's game style and what not, but i hope they get rid of it more quickly and drive it into Tommy. Those little handballs invite the pressure. And we know the tigers will bring the pressure!
Richmond load up behind the ball from the centre bounces so that would play into their hands. I like what we've been doing so far this finals series.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guthrie on Martin around the ground, Kolo when he goes forward - just need to make sure the hand-off is clean

Need to free Guthrie up imo - I’d be using a combination of Parfitt (who is better defensively than Guthrie anyway) and Selwood. Kolo first go when he goes forward.

Anyone else feeling nervous and anxious?

I've generally been pretty good during the week, but on match day as the start time is approaching the nerves start to kick in

Starting a bit earlier this week, and I'm pretty sure it's not the dinner I just ate

I'm fine at the moment. Will probably start feeling anxious on Friday though. Probably should've decided to work that day if only to have something to take my mind off things for the time being.

I've generally been pretty good during the week, but on match day as the start time is approaching the nerves start to kick in

Starting a bit earlier this week, and I'm pretty sure it's not the dinner I just ate
I know right, is 4 days out too early to start drinking??

Got to say I'm feeling confident...of course the positivity will evaporate when the ball is bounced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back