Preview Geelong v Richmond 2020 Grand Final Sat Oct 24 @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just got two tickets for the game!
Well done! I’m thrilled for you. I gave my ticket to a friend, so she + her husband are going. I’m in North West NSW, only five hours from Brisbane but cannot get into Queensland, despite no COVID-19 in our area, since March 😩

Have a fantastic time + cheer loud + proud!
💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙🤍💙

Feeling pretty relaxed right now - very similar to how I've felt the last two weeks. I'm content in the knowledge that we go in to the GF in outstanding form, with a squad that is settled and more importantly, healthy. That guarantees nothing, but we have to be confident with the fact that, 1. We are in the GF and 2. Our performances to get here. I also love the obvious focus from the entire group, they know the job isn't done.

It won't be easy, but like last week, if we bring our form from the previous week then we give ourselves the best chance possible. And that pressure release of making it over that PF hurdle could be the added spur they needed to now go on with it. No surprise we need to start well, put that scoreboard pressure on and attempt to force Richmond to deviate from their plan.

One more win from glory boys, bring it home!

Only thing I don't want to see is Blitz starting on a wing.
Isn't that exactly where he's been lining for like the last dozen or so games

With Taylor & Henderson in the team he won't be starting in defence - he'll likely start on the wing on then shift into the ruck when Stanley goes forward

Since we're in the Grand Final I've been watching AFL360 and all the other footy shows every night.
Is Robbo ever not half pissed? So unprofessional. Needs to go to a rehab not be on a tv show every night.
Thought the same thing last night. Looks smashed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The weather forecast makes me more nervous - we haven't played in the wet since the Freo game. Would seem to favour the chaos game BUT it might make us less predictable - I don't think we can play a control game to the same level we have (like the Pies game, we got the balance spot on against the Lions).

That said, rain would suit Hawkins - I still remember his 6-goal game up here when it was p*ssing down. Didn't phase him at all. Also think we have the big bodies to suit a rumble in the wet. And finally, the Tiges might have had experience with it last week... but they also had to slog through it too. If we're within a goal or two going into the last, we might have the legs to get over the line.

That game in torrential rain was in
Round 5, 2012:
Geelong 12.7 (79)
defeated
Brisbane 4.17 (41)

Hawkins was phenomenal! Not one miss! We need him to be just as accurate + deadly on Saturday night.
Also, Chappy had 29 disposals + kicked two goals.

1603319174601.jpeg

Thought the same thing last night. Looks smashed.
Im not joking here. I actually can't recall ever seeing that show when he hasn't been drinking.
And I don't care what people do. Good for him. But I just don't need to turn on a TV show and watch some half pissed campaigner dribble on.
When your not drunk yourself, drunk people are really annoying.

Since we're in the Grand Final I've been watching AFL360 and all the other footy shows every night.
Is Robbo ever not half pissed? So unprofessional. Needs to go to a rehab not be on a tv show every night.
I haven't watched the show for a long time, but that's a comment I've frequently read about Robbo over the last 12/18 months, especially in regard to his appearance on the show

Im not joking here. I actually can't recall ever seeing that show when he hasn't been drinking.
And I don't care what people do. Good for him. But I just don't need to turn on a TV show and watch some half pissed campaigner dribble on.
When your not drunk yourself, drunk people are really annoying.

Maybe he's not a natural public speaker and needs a drink or 10 to calm his nerves before each show.

Just a thumbs up to Gary Rohan while I think of it,I don't know how many noticed it but the Lions came out after half time Saturday and went for Rohan physically and having a bit to say at the same time a tactic that has been used to take him out of the game in the past by others and it appeared the Cats and Rohan have worked on that area and not only didn't he fold but played with more resolve and aggression than the first half.Wonderful to see.
Targeting Rohan like that, considering the death of his child, is despicable. That’s just pond scum.
Thank you for acknowledging Rohan’s determination + fortitude YPO 😊

Am I the only one that sees the lizard tiger poster being a Trojan horse to get bites and inviting poster over to their board for that “banter” thread to get banned

And posters on here want us to be nice to *******s like that?

Ok
He loves the sound of his own voice + has to post every single thing he thinks 🙄

Trojan horse is a good thought SC because he’s a bit too chummy. Keeps returning despite being told by our Mod to leave. Can you imagine Tuggers’ Mods being so obliging?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back