Preview Geelong v Richmond 2020 Grand Final Sat Oct 24 @ Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your very early tip to win?
Hard to tip against the Tigers who I have rated as the best all season, and I thought it was going to be a Port Tigers GF.
But watching us the last 2 games, we are exerting the type of manic pressure that wins finals, and reproducing that mid season form when we smashed Saints and Port.
We so much WANT us to win this game for all the obvious reasons- GAJ, Danger, CS, Blicavs, and the whole squad that has got us here--just beating the Tigers in a GF for the first time ever.
I want to say us, and that is more hope than faith at this point.

So bloody excited to have beaten the PF hoodoo and now here for a chance of glory.

How fitting it would be for GAJ to go out with a premiership, would be a final paragraph on the synopsis of his time in the game that beautifully adjusts his mid career choices.

There doesn't seem to be a whole lotta respect for our club, and its chances in the GF, on the Tiger's board

May it be there downfall.

Also, I'm putting it out there now, but if I we win, I think the Tugboat mods will probably permaban me from BigFooty.

So, in advance, thank you to everyone who's made my bigfooty career so enjoyable over the years 😍

Did anybody see or record the vision of the Guthrie brothers in the rooms post match last night. Tear-jerking. Cam was sitting with his head down, sobbing (?with relief, exhaustion) and Zac was supporting him. I know how much this means to us, but the players have been through so much this year- what this means to them to get there and hopefully win it is beyond description.
I saw a photo that was enough for me,I really don't understand this generation if that's what the tears were about about.

I saw a photo that was enough for me,I really don't understand this generation if that's what the tears were about about.

You weren’t a little emotional that we finally made another GF after our performance in the past 9 years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Cam made a pact that if we got into a GF, he would get his hair shaved off. It could have been that was upsetting him??
No seriously, there is so much inward pressure on these boys to achieve what they have, let alone the expectation of all the supporters and MC.

I give us a big chance, RD17 we were beaten by 26 points but came off a 5 day break with Richmond having a a 12 day break,changes for us from that game
OUT Atkins,Ratugolea,Fogarty,Close and Jarvis.
IN's Rohan,Simpson,Stanley,Selwood and Ablett.
Those 5 ins are massive looking at our performances in the last 2 matches.

You weren’t a little emotional that we finally made another GF after our performance in the past 9 years?
Short answer no,long answer I'm the exact opposite you can't wipe the smile of my dial.
PS that's my last word on the subject here back to the topic GF preview.

Last edited:
I give us a big chance, RD17 we were beaten by 26 points but came off a 5 day break with Richmond having a a 12 day break,changes for us from that game
OUT Atkins,Ratugolea,Fogarty,Close and Jarvis.
IN's Rohan,Simpson,Stanley,Selwood and Ablett.

Were playing at Metricon too which we don't play well at - definitely not as well as we play at the Gabba.

Short answer no,long answer I'm the exact opposite you can't wipe the smile of my dial.
PS that's my last word on the subject here back to the topic GF preview.
It's not uncommon for athletes to get emotional when they overcome a hurdle, which for Guthrie has clearly been advancing to the grand final. Of course he will be desperate to win it, but the very first reaction was relief at finally getting the chance after four failed prelims. Michael Jordan after winning some of his titles needed to lie down in a dark room by himself and cry. It's been a tough year for everyone - the snide commentary is hardly warranted. But then again, maybe you're just more of a "real man" than Cam.

Did anybody see or record the vision of the Guthrie brothers in the rooms post match last night. Tear-jerking. Cam was sitting with his head down, sobbing (?with relief, exhaustion) and Zac was supporting him. I know how much this means to us, but the players have been through so much this year- what this means to them to get there and hopefully win it is beyond description.
I have only seen a photo. Credit to Guthrie, he has been under a lot of pressure and done it the hard way.

The Round 6, 2007 dismantling of Richmond was widely seen as the genesis of our great run over the last decade and a bit. Would be quite poetic if next Saturday night is the matching bookend to that demolition.

I'll have one last Ablett destroyation of Richmond please for old times sake.

Just relief I think.
Soften up old man, it’s ok to cry ;)

In all seriousness, I think that with Danger, Selwood and Hawkins all in the near-twilight of their careers, and Guth being 28, he may have thought the chance to play in the GF had passed him by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back