Preview Geelong V Richmond at MCG Sun Jul 25 @ 320 pm - Rd 19

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I ruminated before, deja-vu Geelong Hawks 2009

That game was epic..the bartel point and all.

As for this one no resting for me throw our best team at richmond and knock them out. They have some winnable games coming up so us winning this is critical to making them finish 9th.

Hendo and rohan (if he is fit) for kolo and holmes. Id probably suggest narkle or higgins becomes the sub.

Need this to get moved to GMHBA so I get to see the melts from Tigers fans.
Wouldn’t it be ironic if the game was moved to GMHBA and we lost! If I wasn’t a cats supporter it would be hilarious. The bragging rights they have now would just implode even more!
Can’t lose this then is the message!

That game was epic..the bartel point and all.

As for this one no resting for me throw our best team at richmond and knock them out. They have some winnable games coming up so us winning this is critical to making them finish 9th.

Hendo and rohan (if he is fit) for kolo and holmes. Id probably suggest narkle or higgins becomes the sub.
I doubt Kolo needs a rest

Why are people wanting to rest Tuohy this week? we are only 5 weeks out of the bye and he's in a little purple patch and enjoying his footy.
Good point but we saw how fresh Dahl & Selwood went the other night. Maybe the proactive approach is a good thing. We want touhy at his optimum in last 3 weeks of finals. Yes pre finals bye would help. Let’s see…

If we turn up this should be fine given thei[/QUOTE]
Good point but we saw how fresh Dahl & Selwood went the other night. Maybe the proactive approach is a good thing. We want touhy at his optimum in last 3 weeks of finals. Yes pre finals bye would help. Let’s see…
Factor in we are having a 9 day break now.

Rohan and Jez torched them last time. So Rohan in probably. Sav probably keeps his spot though because Scott likes him. I liked 4 smalls and their gang tackling. I guess with bench rotations we’ll get a look at both systems 2-1-3 system (2 talls, 1 med, 3 smalls) and 2-0-4 system.
So who comes out for Rohan if Sav stays in? And Hendo?
Maybe kolo out for hendo? But that won’t happen.
Seems Narkle under pressure again.
Maybe go in unchanged. Let Rohan and Hendo sit it out.. send a message to the group?

Rohan and Jez torched them last time. So Rohan in probably. Sav probably keeps his spot though because Scott likes him. I liked 4 smalls and their gang tackling. I guess with bench rotations we’ll get a look at both systems 2-1-3 system (2 talls, 1 med, 3 smalls) and 2-0-4 system.
So who comes out for Rohan if Sav stays in? And Hendo?
Maybe kolo out for hendo? But that won’t happen.
Seems Narkle under pressure again.
Maybe go in unchanged. Let Rohan and Hendo sit it out.. send a message to the group?
Geezus, what ******* message?!?!

Tigers got their mojo back last week. Saw some gang tacking and harassment and hunger. Might be a good test for us just in a game style sense. They kick to grass and chase and harass and don’t look to do things perfectly.
We haven’t beaten tigers post bye since 2017 H & A. So a challenge nonetheless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The good thing for our old boy's we do not have to go too the Antarctica Tasmania the week after Richmond
I see an opportunity opening up here,play the the Tigers game at GMHBA this coming week and reimburse the MCG with the Geelong v North game the following week.

Geezus, what ******* message?!?!
Thst if you take a game off for personal reasons Chinacats wants you out for another week lol.

Go Catters

Below is Tigs injury list from last week. Add Martin and MacIntosh, maybe Astbury. Obviously Chol, Nankervis and Lambert played and this week they probably get Edwards back but their outs are a lot worse than ours. They did us a favour by beating Brisbane last week so it seems fair to do them a favour this week by killing off any dreams of thrm playing finals this year. Go Cats.

Noah BaltaSyndesmosis5-6 weeks
Nathan BroadSyndesmosis5-6 weeks
Mabior CholAnkle, quadTest
Callum Coleman-JonesCalf1-2 weeks
Shane EdwardsAnkleTest
Bachar HouliSyndesmosis3-5 weeks
Kane LambertHip/calfTest
Ben MillerGroin1-2 weeks
Toby NankervisKneeTest
Dion PrestiaHamstring1-2 weeks
Ivan SoldoKneeIndefinite
Nick VlastuinKnee1-2 weeks

But the ONLY reason we get a home game v Tigers at the G is to allow for crowds, and with zero crowds this week, it MUST be our home game at Geelong, unless Geelong is a red zone. Greater Geelong is.
Yes, but that is logical, and therein lies the rub. You forgot that the contract with the MCC for using the G is the most powerful, intransigent force in the entire industry. More than even the TV rights deal. The MCC(and whomever else profitted) must get paid.

Well yes maybe not. But winning form needs to be rewarded. Maybe there isn’t a spot for those two.
Higgins was better , if not good, but I fear he may be a liability against a desperate Tigers outfit

Looks like the AFL will give Sydney their home game in Geelong at their request next week but won't allow Geelong to have their home game in Geelong. What a load of BS from the AFL.
If I was Sydney I'd want to play all my remaining matches, including finals, at KP even if all restrictions get lifted - they just dominate at that ground

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back