Game Day Geelong v Richmond, Friday 11 September 7:50pm @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not sure Miers is a finals player
Miers is soft. Probably the softest player in the game. It won't matter.

Once Fogarty, Close. Jarvis and and Henderson are replaced for finals we'll be a much better side.

After watching the Tigers pressure, which is what we are going to see in finals, I would bring these players in

Stanley -has to come in for the ruck, he’s the best we have. Also means Blitz goes back to his best position KPD and Henderson can go out ( too slow)

Rohan(when fit) - obvious what he brings to our forward line

Ablett - skills and forward smarts and should be well rested compared to last years finals

Cocky - only as a forward, maybe the occasional centre bounce, but again his desperation and toughness is something we lack, and what’s the point of giving him a contract but then being so cautious with him that he doesn’t even play 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Clark - we really need his speed and taking the game in further up the ground.

Selwood

Of the players going out it would be

Henderson
Fogarty
Close
Jarvis
Atkins
Ratugolea.

Clearly Scott like to play a safe defensive game but I don’t think it will work against the Tigers.
All players in have speed which should help in applying pressure the other way but also if we move it quicker should allow more spread and space and teams will have less time to set up defensively.

I also believe that we play a lot better when we play an attacking game, I would rather lose by trying to win the to out defend a team to a win.

Just my thoughts.

I stopped reading when I saw the word Cocky. You are absolutely deluded if you think he's a chance of even being named as an emergency this year, let alone brought in for a final. What a comical post.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After watching the Tigers pressure, which is what we are going to see in finals, I would bring these players in

Stanley -has to come in for the ruck, he’s the best we have. Also means Blitz goes back to his best position KPD and Henderson can go out ( too slow)

Rohan(when fit) - obvious what he brings to our forward line

Ablett - skills and forward smarts and should be well rested compared to last years finals

Cocky - only as a forward, maybe the occasional centre bounce, but again his desperation and toughness is something we lack, and what’s the point of giving him a contract but then being so cautious with him that he doesn’t even play 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Clark - we really need his speed and taking the game in further up the ground.

Selwood

Of the players going out it would be out of theses

Henderson
Fogarty
Close
Jarvis
Atkins
Ratugolea
2e
Dahl
Parfitt

Clearly Scott like to play a safe defensive game but I don’t think it will work against the Tigers.
All players in have speed which should help in applying pressure the other way but also if we move it quicker should allow more spread and space and teams will have less time to set up defensively.

I also believe that we play a lot better when we play an attacking game, I would rather lose by trying to win the to out defend a team to a win.

Just my thoughts.

If Cockatoo isn't back in Vic already he will be sooner than later - not available for selection, and will be having surgery on a wrist injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back