Status
Not open for further replies.

bellpark

All Australian
Aug 18, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
Outcoached, outplayed; outthought on the ground, s**t skills under pressure. Joel and Gaz wont solve that.mnow watch em stuff around with selection. Probably get done by Swans next weeK, who have a tough young fast midfield

Chappycats

Club Legend
Sep 30, 2010
Cattery
AFL Club
Geelong
After watching the Tigers pressure, which is what we are going to see in finals, I would bring these players in

Stanley -has to come in for the ruck, he’s the best we have. Also means Blitz goes back to his best position KPD and Henderson can go out ( too slow)

Rohan(when fit) - obvious what he brings to our forward line

Ablett - skills and forward smarts and should be well rested compared to last years finals

Cocky - only as a forward, maybe the occasional centre bounce, but again his desperation and toughness is something we lack, and what’s the point of giving him a contract but then being so cautious with him that he doesn’t even play 🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️

Clark - we really need his speed and taking the game in further up the ground.

Selwood

Of the players going out it would be out of theses

Henderson
Fogarty
Close
Jarvis
Atkins
Ratugolea
2e
Dahl
Parfitt

Clearly Scott like to play a safe defensive game but I don’t think it will work against the Tigers.
All players in have speed which should help in applying pressure the other way but also if we move it quicker should allow more spread and space and teams will have less time to set up defensively.

I also believe that we play a lot better when we play an attacking game, I would rather lose by trying to win the to out defend a team to a win.

Just my thoughts.

hoopla

Premiership Player
May 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Yes, because we are put under real pressure. Same thing that finds us out in finals every f’in year (after year, after year). Has never been fixed under Scott. I’m so over it. Even if we make top 4 what’s the f’in point because we are seeing what happens tonight...

Some of it not under pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back