Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lynch an in too?

Oh yeah, of course!

They also had a couple of players in the side last week like Bolton and Higgins who Richmond fans seem to think are in line to be axed, but perhaps with a couple of new injuries this week, they will get a reprieve.

I think it shows across the AFL how little respect Richmond gets off other clubs supporters.

At the moment they have a bit of small man syndrome about them. They think they were about to embark on a geelong/hawthorn like dynasty and it hasn’t even come remotely close to reality and it’s eating away at their fan egos a bit.

Friday night will burry their chances of a top four finish for 2019 and really hit hard, as they still have this belief they are going to make top four get an MCG final and make it all the way.

Friday will put a steak right thru that hope. They will be crushed.

I take complete satisfaction being the team to do that to their season this friday
download.jpeg

Research their response to a bad loss this year.
A great meritorious win the week after.
I'm worried too Vdubya Bush. It's not their team exactly but the crowd.
A large Tigers crowd is Loud!! It feels like every possession is under pressure.
Loud crowds have been a bit of a thorn in our side in recent years.
If we win this it's another box ticked in our positive changes this year.

Irrespective of who the Tiges put out there, they will be planning to bring truckloads of intensity to stifle our game-plan and send our players back into reactivity and indecision. It's been the classic means to dismantle the GFC in big games for some time.

So I'm simply looking for a strong response to their intent (a la Q1 against the Dees in Round 2), and plenty of conviction to hunt them relentlessly when they have the footy as well.

Do these elements well and the result will look after itself.

Irrespective of who the Tiges put out there, they will be planning to bring truckloads of intensity to stifle our game-plan and send our players back into reactivity and indecision. It's been the classic means to dismantle the GFC in big games for some time.

So I'm simply looking for a strong response to their intent (a la Q1 against the Dees in Round 2), and plenty of conviction to hunt them relentlessly when they have the footy as well.

Do these elements well and the result will look after itself.

That is very, very true. We need to be the hunter, not the hunted.

I also read a Richmond supporter comment somewhere saying that we are their bitches.

Yes, they’ve won the past three matches (one decided by the last shot of the day) in the past 18 months, but prior to that we had a streak of 13 wins against them on top of a lifetime of dominance (I’m 41, so it’s most of that time)

Short memories.
I’ve heard that a fair bit. Always nice to remind them between 2001-2017 tuggers lost 20 of 21 against us lol

Would be unreal if Richmond kick-started a second period of Cats dominance

How good would this be!! They were the team that launched the greatest era in modern Geelong football when they got humiliated in round 6 2007. Let's humiliate them and go on to win two of the next 3 flags. Then we get to hear that same 5 time premiership player stuff about the great JOEL SELWOOD and not that flog dermott all the time!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ellis the guy that was fit and couldn't get a game at the start of the year but once he becomes an out is described as a premiership player for maximum woe is us from the Tiggers.

I was wondering about that - are we talking about Brandon Ellis? If so, we might as well use Cunico being injured as an excuse.

No.. I just don't think we are the alpha dog team in their eyes.. some if most of that is due to our recent Sept failure. We have used up our credits..and are now considered a good to very good team but not really a flag threat till we do it when it counts.
Typical is caro. I respect her a lot, but she really dismisses us on The Age podcast. It's Collingwood all the way for her. The strap marks of the handbag we wore for that last final are still quite visible, and we aren't going to be rated until we knock over someone convincingly in September.

I also read a Richmond supporter comment somewhere saying that we are their bitches.

Yes, they’ve won the past three matches (one decided by the last shot of the day) in the past 18 months, but prior to that we had a streak of 13 wins against them on top of a lifetime of dominance (I’m 41, so it’s most of that time)

Short memories.
Time before September 2017 doesn't exist to most Richmond supporters

I just took those photos and posted them on the richmond match preview thread asking them whether they are proud of their captain being a dirty sniper who players MR Nice guy and vulnerable in the media. Can't wait for the fish to bite hahaha

If you did this on our board, you'd get a week off.....

If they havent sanctioned you, you should be grateful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back