Preview Geelong v Richmond Friday 7th June 750 pm @ MCG

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder who they put on Hawkins, probably Grimes. They'd be a bit silly if they put an under-sized Garthwaite on him.
Balta could be a good match-up for Hawkins.

Boy I hope Stanley is right to get through the whole match.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I am very nervous. Keeps missing weeks here and there with the same injury, Smiths form in VFL was good and he was serviceable last week against a decent ruck, and instantly gets dropped.

I am very nervous. Keeps missing weeks here and there with the same injury, Smiths form in VFL was good and he was serviceable last week against a decent ruck, and instantly gets dropped.
It was a 1 week injury both times, and in a different spot. What’s to worry about? It’s about as minor as it gets. If it was a calf then i’d be worried. He’s done a few of those.

Good team. Didn't think I would ever say this but I feel quite bad for Z Smith and Parsons. They did quite well and surprised me. With them, Bews and Fog as emergencies we are extremely strong. I think the expected dryer conditions may have kept Bews out for now.
Going to be a lot of unlucky players this year if our form keeps up.. which is good for the team and bad for certain players

If we win (and I do think we might) it'll be the same old story in the media. Cats scrape in against injured, undermanned Tigers blah blah blah.

That's a very good team for us to field against the Tiges, so I would suggest we're not taking this game lightly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder who they put on Hawkins, probably Grimes. They'd be a bit silly if they put an under-sized Garthwaite on him.
Balta could be a good match-up for Hawkins.
AFL article quotes Hardwick as saying they've got faith in Garthwaite to do the job as he (apparently) did last year.

But with this year's rule changes, I expect Hawk would rag doll Garthwaite.

Typical is caro. I respect her a lot, but she really dismisses us on The Age podcast. It's Collingwood all the way for her. The strap marks of the handbag we wore for that last final are still quite visible, and we aren't going to be rated until we knock over someone convincingly in September.

And thats fair enough.. we only have our selves to blame.. since our flag ..we have lost to Freo on the G , Freo on our home ground , been flogged by the Swans at the G , Flogged by Melb ..its hard to argue we have played one really good finals game since 2011.

Ah thanks, fair enough
Injured/sore in the vfl a couple of weeks ago, and not listed in the bests on the weekend.

He might need a couple/few solid weeks in the vfl to push his way back in

Dont worrie guys you got this in the bag. Not even joking.
Nope. We've settled into a fairly annoying habit of half arsing our way through the majority of games since the win against the Bombers. We have nothing in the bag while that's the case especially not against reasonable opposition away from home.

Melbourne don't have a player the quality of Rance, Riewoldt and Cotchin, much less an injured one.
Losing both your CHB and your FB - both very good footballers, too, in Lever and May - is huge. Jetta is one of the best one-on-one defenders in the comp, Melksham's also a quality footballer.

No doubt Richmond have been really unlucky this year, but they are hardly Robinson Crusoe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back