Game Day Geelong V Richmond Friday May 7 750 pm @ MCG - Tuggers home game

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually thought narkle was ok in centre bounces last week and thought Clark was also ok, great way for the coach to break their confidence to drop them after 1 game.

How many games has Higgins had in the VFL? Hopefully a couple as we need him to be our star mid tonight and not break down, halfway through the first qtr.

If we can move the ball quickly their defence without Grimes looks shaky, however we don't move the ball quick, Richmond's team defence to get back and help is the best in the league, hopefully we play with dash and flair and take them on and don't worry about the odd turnover and being scored against, it's our best shot at winning, get it down to to the Tom and Jerry show and outscore them, hawk is to smart for balta and Jezza too good for Astbury

Agree - Narkle did a few things in the last qtr that were very good - i thought the penny might have finally dropped with him - however in typical fashion they dont see that him - and he is dropped yet again

Bolton is in career best form - Geel havent got Occonor to tag - i read somewhere that Bolton and Narkle - they are very good friends - best mates - then why not put Narkle on Bolton - it might force Narkle to concentrate for the whole game - which has been his problem - Scott wouldnt do that in a million years - because its bold and there is risk in it - however lets see how Bolton goes tonight - lets see if he gets another 10 votes - and is the driving force for another Rich win

Geel 2 hf flankers Simpson and Dahl are both terribly slow opposed to Houli and Vaustin - that is a disaster for the Cats

I was looking forward to Sav coming in - but that has been knocked on the head as well - and Sav has played very well at the MCG before - he seems to play well at that ground

The only hope i give Geel of an upset win - is if Cameron has a night out and kicks 5-6 goals - he is new to the Geel team which keeps losing to Rich . His 2 games have been very good - i love how he plays ( apart from his obvious skill ) - he isnt a lazy baarstard who plays from behind - he is so energetic - makes multiple leads - does everything possible in every contest - that is the one thing im looking forward to in this game - watching him play

Agree - Narkle did a few things in the last qtr that were very good - i thought the penny might have finally dropped with him - however in typical fashion they dont see that him - and he is dropped yet again

Bolton is in career best form - Geel havent got Occonor to tag - i read somewhere that Bolton and Narkle - they are very good friends - best mates - then why not put Narkle on Bolton - it might force Narkle to concentrate for the whole game - which has been his problem - Scott wouldnt do that in a million years - because its bold and there is risk in it - however lets see how Bolton goes tonight - lets see if he gets another 10 votes - and is the driving force for another Rich win

Geel 2 hf flankers Simpson and Dahl are both terribly slow opposed to Houli and Vaustin - that is a disaster for the Cats

I was looking forward to Sav coming in - but that has been knocked on the head as well - and Sav has played very well at the MCG before - he seems to play well at that ground

The only hope i give Geel of an upset win - is if Cameron has a night out and kicks 5-6 goals - he is new to the Geel team which keeps losing to Rich . His 2 games have been very good - i love how he plays ( apart from his obvious skill ) - he isnt a lazy baarstard who plays from behind - he is so energetic - makes multiple leads - does everything possible in every contest - that is the one thing im looking forward to in this game - watching him play

I still think we might see Sav in, given he was held over from last night.

And you make a good point about Cameron's inclusion. He doesn't have the mental affliction the rest of the Geelong side have about Richmond and he's a big enough star, and fierce enough competitor, to maybe drag the team across the line.

Have a feeling it'll go close, but we'll squeak the win. My Richmond supporting mates are already making excuses, so you know they're shitting themselves again.

I wonder if Sav gets the call up as med-sub. Just thinking out loud, but he's (likely) not fit enough to go a whole game. Perhaps Stanley goes in for the first half and Sav comes out in the back half. Not sure if it's the wisest strategy, but if it works....it works

We brought in Higgins, Smith & Cameron as top ups for a flag tilt . This is only a prelude but let's see what we've got. Audit time either in the positive or negative!

If we don't win or lose by under 10 points, well I don't know what to say but the attempt for a flag will be a fail.

Beating Richmond is all about player endeavour/attitude, game style and player confidence. Less about personnel.

We need to reduce their strengths in the first half by playing our possession game. It is clear this is unsustainable for 4 quarters against them as they always go bang bang bang and then we start chasing and lose.

That has been the rinse and repeat. To do the same is the definition of insanity.

We need to flip it in the second half and hunt them. Get aggressive, hurt them in the tackles with our bigger bodies and rely on the turnovers to score. Lift our pressure and and tackling intensity.

This will be a surprise. They won’t expect it and it’ll take them longer to adjust and go bang bang.

This is the way to beat Richmond. I’m sick of losing to them. Time we did something different and most of all, hunt them.

I wonder if Sav gets the call up as med-sub. Just thinking out loud, but he's (likely) not fit enough to go a whole game. Perhaps Stanley goes in for the first half and Sav comes out in the back half. Not sure if it's the wisest strategy, but if it works....it works
Will depend really. Sounds like exploiting the medical sub rule.
I don’t think Stanley will play anyway.

Been in the same number of contests as Clark - one hasn't won a one out contest and the other hasn't lost when a one out contest

Maybe it's these things the coaches note and why Zuth is selected

Two contests each is hardly a sample size of any real note though to be honest.

And perhaps you avoid because if you get it wrong then you are punished instead of coached how to do it better. And given games to learn.

Plus he's a twenty year old, twenty eight game kid who missed most of his second season because of injury, who this year has been asked to play HBF, wing and forward pocket, no wonder he doesn't know whether he's Arthur or Martha.

View attachment 1120490

This was before the VFL match telecast, a build up for the GF rematch by FoxFooty. sh*t photoshop of our players watching this before preseason, which looks bad and is made worse by the next clip of them "watching this loss" of Zac Guthrie smirking...
View attachment 1120492
And the Tugger tosspots who believe everything the internet says think its real

GO Catters

View attachment 1120490

This was before the VFL match telecast, a build up for the GF rematch by FoxFooty. sh*t photoshop of our players watching this before preseason, which looks bad and is made worse by the next clip of them "watching this loss" of Zac Guthrie smirking...
View attachment 1120492
yeah saw that. Not exactly playing the theme song blind folded on a bus to a camp., but interesting nonetheless.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two contests each is hardly a sample size of any real note though to be honest.

Plus he's a twenty year old, twenty eight game kid who missed most of his second season because of injury, who this year has been asked to play HBF, wing and forward pocket, no wonder he doesn't know whether he's Arthur or Martha.
With his pace honestly he should be on a wing.

Geelong crawled over the line against Adelaide, Brisbane and Hawthorn ... lost against Melbourne then essentially scraped home against Kangaroos. We then had a big win against a injury-depleted Eagles side, then we lost against a injured and inexperienced Swans team...

This game will truly show us where Geelong are as a team - This game is the crossroads of Geelong’s season. We lose this game and put a line through Geelong and our hopes of playing Finals.

You dont put someone with questionable defensive intent like narkle on bolton if you did that he'd kick 8.

Geelong crawled over the line against Adelaide, Brisbane and Hawthorn ... lost against Melbourne then essentially scraped home against Kangaroos. We then had a big win against a injury-depleted Eagles side, then we lost against a injured and inexperienced Swans team...

This game will truly show us where Geelong are as a team - This game is the crossroads of Geelong’s season. We lose this game and put a line through Geelong and our hopes of playing Finals.
We lost the Adelaide game in round 1. It really is a big game, especially after the loss last week.

You cant have a tall as sub its too risky. Has to be a runner.

We lost the Adelaide game in round 1. It really is a big game, especially after the loss last week.

My bad, we did. We had Danger in that game and still lost fairly convincingly.

We win this game we’re gonna be a top 4 team. we lose, we’re gonna be a bottom 8 team.

People say that but i havnt noticed us moving it on all that quicker. Not enough for my liking. Speed of ball movement is key but run and carry helps too. Especially against richmond. You also need to break lines with both run and handball.
Haven't noticed us moving it quicker? You should really pull up a game from last year and watch it

There’s just no way we are going to regularly play someone in defence who isn’t a strong defender.

Incidentally, I took a look at the stats for defensive contests this season. A few surprises in here.

CDOOO = contested defensive one on one
CDL = contested defensive loss
View attachment 1120369
Where did you get that? My inner engineer just saw a bit of movement at the station

Shorted quarters and season though.
We could win games in shorted quarters and would not have dropped the game against Sydney for example.
We don't finish games well and it will impact us immensely imo as the season progresses.
We'll be ok. Much shorter pre-season too remember.

The key is being at your peak when the whips are cracking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back