Preview Geelong v Richmond Friday May7 2021 7:50 pm @ MCG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 10, 2003
Newtown
AFL Club
Geelong
LOL and Hawkins ended up being a real difference maker in last years GF & R17

The added bonus is Hawkins was in better form last year than 2019 and we still beat you twice

Be careful friend about starting posts with LOL's. Be polite or I doubt you will be contributing for long in this forum.

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham
I can't see much to debate about Hawkins' suspension, it was a forearm to the head a mile off the ball. Imagine for one second any Geelong player getting hit like that off the ball. This board would be screaming. What it was was unbelievably stupid.

Yet Fritsch is free to play for Melbourne this weekend after using his forearm to fend someone off in the face, and Cotchin played in a GF a week after concussing Dylan Shiel with a high bump.

The inconsistency is what frustrates.

LOL and Hawkins ended up being a real difference maker in last years GF & R17

The added bonus is Hawkins was in better form last year than 2019 and we still beat you twice
If you want to talk s**t i suggest you start here

BE gone.

Go Catters

Sire of Claude

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Chaps, as a life-long Cats tragic I'm compelled to concede that Vlastuin, Houlie, Grimes, Balta and perhaps Short are all better than all our defenders bar Tom Stewart. When that is recognised it's not hard to see why we struggle against the Tigers - before we even get to Martin and co.

Isaac Norm Smith

Cancelled
Apr 8, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Their insecurity is off the charts. Imagine winning 3 flags yet still being the most insecure supporters on BF. What is wrong with these flogs?

No other teams supporters continually invade our board like the tuggers do. Bizarre.

It's not that strange when you think about it. We owned them for 30-years. A lot of drubbings and damage done in that period. They were our bunnies for just so long. That damage and those poor memories don't get forgotten about overnight IMO. They could beat us in another 5 GF's and they will still obsess over and hate us..

00VicWard001

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 3, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
I do - who are you going to play him against the Tigers - which Rich player is his match up ?

See i would drop Dahlhouse as well - even though he played ok against the Swans - 1st decent game of the year

It is horses for courses - you do not want slow players against Richmond - otherwise Goodnight Irene .

It's a team game. Swapping players in and out does not make a better team, unless they are the 22/23rd player, and even then its a marginal increase.

Teams do well by playing together with each other.

Goggin Our Best

Norm Smith Medallist
May 23, 2011
sydney
AFL Club
Geelong
Higgins - if he is selected - well i think he has been a bit underwhelming for Geel so far - where as i think I Smith has been pretty good

I think Higgins has got to get his hands a bit dirty - get alot more desperate in his play - rather than play just play some cameo role

Could be anything, all we know is that is extremely strange for any player to participate in one contest a quarter, the fact he spent the last 12 minutes on the bench as reported is missing the point
He also didn’t play the first 10 minutes either
Scott couldn’t trust him because he got bullied!

He'll be hoping we

We know what Fort can do. May fluke a reasonable game now and then but he is a couple of rungs below Stanley. On his day Stanley is tier 1 but we know he is inconsistent. Fort is Tier 3 and may achieve tier 2 occassionaly.
Stanley is soft as butter. His athletic ability gets him one good game in 6.

Pollywaffle

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Geelong
Higgins - if he is selected - well i think he has been a bit underwhelming for Geel so far -
I think Higgins has got to get his hands a bit dirty - get alot more desperate in his play - rather than play just play some cameo role
I got the impression he was trying too hard to share the ball around.
New guy and all that.
Needs to be told to start using it more decisively. Maybe kick more..

Ok you were right on the earlier point about the grand final injuries hitting both sides equally but not this one. Geelong beat you by 11 goals when Hawkins was playing. Hawkins kicked 4 goals.

In the prelim, the only other game that season, he didn’t play. That 4 goal half time lead in the prelim is more like 5-6 goals if Hawkins plays (and Duncan and Rohan who also missed). Our foward line that night was a young Esava and lachie Henderson. It’s crazy that at half time we were actually 4 goals in front without our two leading goal scorers playing.
Are you arguing that cats are better than tigers? Wow! Cats fans are so insular!

Nah, the post I quoted was about us not having 'luck from the footy gods' the last couple of times we've played Richmond in finals. We can debate whether Hawkins' suspension was warranted or not - FWIW I thought it went against the AFL's unwritten rule of leniency in finals (see Cotchin not being suspended for 2017 GF when that would have been a suspension in any other week of the year) - but either way missing your AA FF in the biggest game of the year and having to play a defender forward in his role is the definition of the footy gods not smiling down on you.

We were also missing Duncan for the 19 prelim who was clearly a huge loss, one of our more durable players over the past decade but got injured in the QF and missed the rest of the finals. Just shocking luck.
Cats squibbed it under pressure.

Are you arguing that cats are better than tigers? Wow! Cats fans are so insular!
i would hope not. We are good - and can beat them - but we need a lot to go right - but to say we are better right now... im not so sure of that

Go Catters

1620186806895.png

Very on-brand Richmond insecurity on show here. 👏
Do you expect any different. Why anyone would peruse an opposition board is beyond me anyway.

The fact they're here ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back