Preview Geelong v Richmond Friday May7 2021 7:50 pm @ MCG

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 18, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
You’ll have to do better to convince me he doesn’t do the lockdown jobs. Who has beaten him?

Every player in a contest with him.

Holmes doesn’t have the fitness or the build yet

Holmes tired in the last quarter of his debut. But has played what, 5 games since then? I doubt fitness could still be an issue after that many games of building match fitness.

Zuth doesn’t have the build yet either. He’s put on some size, but still gets constantly pushed around.

Errrr, why is Higgins, at age 72, coming straight back in on the back of a hammy? I'd have thought at least a half in the vfl would be advisable.

Maybe cause it was the thumb injury keeping him out, not the hammy. Had a few weeks of running when the hamstring was fully healed.

Errrr, why is Higgins, at age 72, coming straight back in on the back of a hammy? I'd have thought at least a half in the vfl would be advisable.

Guessing his hamstring is ok as the only reason he didn't play last week was his thumb - so maybe he's been doing a s**t load of running & match sim on the practice track

Every player in a contest with him.

Holmes tired in the last quarter of his debut. But has played what, 5 games since then? I doubt fitness could still be an issue after that many games of building match fitness.

Zuth doesn’t have the build yet either. He’s put on some size, but still gets constantly pushed around.

Maybe cause it was the thumb injury keeping him out, not the hammy. Had a few weeks of running when the hamstring was fully healed.

Actually it's only been 3 games of football he's played since his debut, he's an emergency for tomorrow and not playing tonight

So we might get to see him against Richmond

cats_09 Well looks like I was wrong with Esava playing...
But looks I was rite on how soft the Match Committee not dropping Stanley and not playing Fort...
Still time for Stanley to be dropped - but if he does get a reprieve then he'll need to pull his finger out tomorrow night as Fort has started tonight's VFL match in fine form

Match committee are a bunch of dumb fxxks. All that needs to be said.
They dropped those that were crap. Good ins. Didn’t do something stupid like waste time on Constable.

Where’s the issue?

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Still time for Stanley to be dropped - but if he does get a reprieve then he'll need to pull his finger out tomorrow night as Fort has started tonight's VFL match in fine form
Fort should of been given a chance now... but should be given 4 games at a minimum in a row to show it...

Play it Sam

Cupcakes are muffins who believed in miracles
Jun 25, 2013
Medicoland
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Replayaholics
Clark out of form? Zuthrie has never been in form in his life.

I think we need to address the elephant in the room. Clark is undisciplined right now.
Beautiful when on, but high risk. Behaviour that resulted in a Swans goal.
Tell me who didn't shout "that was stupid Clark" at the TV.
Zuthrie low risk low return-but he does what he is told to the letter.

Nov 24, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
I hope you don't hate me now that I'm getting into your man :huh:

Haha, never mate. Stanley has been rubbish for most of this year - no arguments from me!

The timing was just too perfect - I was reading your post about Fort just as the opposition ruckman outbodied him and snapped at goal, exactly like Hickey did to Stanley last week. I couldn't resist! :p

I think we need to address the elephant in the room. Clark is undisciplined right now.
Beautiful when on, but high risk. Behaviour that resulted in a Swans goal.
Tell me who didn't shout "that was stupid Clark" at the TV.
Zuthrie low risk low return-but he does what he is told to the letter.

I did see someone blame Atkins for that push in the back and not be very happy about it - pretty sure they were advised it was Clark and not Atkins

One thing that free kick showed is Clark's defensive deficiency, especially when 1 out with an opponent, even though Guthrie was in position and Clark didn't actually need to get involved and would have been better staying down in case the ball spilled free in the contest

The way he got into the Swans player's back just looked panicky

I did see someone blame Atkins for that push in the back and not be very happy about it - pretty sure they were advised it was Clark and not Atkins

One thing that free kick showed is Clark's defensive deficiency, especially when 1 out with an opponent, even though Guthrie was in position and Clark didn't actually need to get involved and would have been better staying down in case the ball spilled free in the contest

People keep calling for him to play in defence and off half back. This is why they are trying to hide him on a wing.

Aug 20, 2013

Clark made a couple of bad errors against Sydney no doubt. Kolodjashnij, Bews and Henry also look panicky at times and routinely make errors. The only difference being that Clark is much more inexperienced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clark made a couple of bad errors against Sydney no doubt. Kolodjashnij, Bews and Henry also look panicky at times and routinely make errors. The only difference being that Clark is much more inexperienced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not at all. They can all defend.
Clark at present can’t, hence why he’s hidden on a wing

foxdog50

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 1, 2006
Australia
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Australia (Cricket)
Haha, never mate. Stanley has been rubbish for most of this year - no arguments from me!

The timing was just too perfect - I was reading your post about Fort just as the opposition ruckman outbodied him and snapped at goal, exactly like Hickey did to Stanley last week. I couldn't resist! :p
And as I read this Fort kicked it straight to the opposition and goal.... ill shut up now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back