• J. Riewoldt

Votes: 39 22.9%
  • C.Scott

Votes: 53 31.2%
  • Hardwick

Votes: 51 30.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Obsessive fear and loathing of Richmond is the one thing that unites Hawthorn and Geelong supporters :thumbsu:
It's just footy. There's no dislike towards the Richmond Football Club, who are now a bunch of fairly likeable battlers stitched up by a former coach. Their organisation can't help who their supporters are. Why would I show animosity to Shai Bolton because some lunatic called Grin makes hard work of having a rational conversation?

From the other direction, the GFC is absolutely despised from player to player, staff member to staff member. We were surprised to learn you actually cared that much about our club when we finally met again in an important match. 3 big finals losses later and the toxicity still flows one way, surprisingly from the victors. Notice Geelong supporters don't embrace such clownish theatrics against Collingwood, i.e the club we dealt with on the way to 4 recent premierships.

For want of spoiling an absolutely riveting thread, was good to see some of Richmond's no hopers play well last night.
We ran out of legs, but Dow, Ralphsmith, Young, Rioli Junior were all in our best players.

The game was crap but at least we ran Melbourne for a good while. Injury again (Hopper) hurt, and of course the good old ump's gave Melbourne a nice leg up (5-16 last half), but some room for optimism, in a long season.

For want of spoiling an absolutely riveting thread, was good to see some of Richmond's no hopers play well last night.
We ran out of legs, but Dow, Ralphsmith, Young, Rioli Junior were all in our best players.

The game was crap but at least we ran Melbourne for a good while. Injury again (Hopper) hurt, and of course the good old ump's gave Melbourne a nice leg up (5-16 last half), but some room for optimism, in a long season.
Why wouldn't you post this in the rebuilding thread where everyone is getting along fine?

This thread concerns the supporters.

They won’t BE no hopers if they keep having a go which if nothing else they generally have been

Mr Meow is still complaining about feeling intimidated at the 2017 Qualifying final. He's never gotten over it. I shouldn't tease the poor sod.

Of course the intimidation never happened, he's still trying to justify some terribly spineless behaviour by Geelong supporters that day when they carried on like it was Corey Enright's 300th.

Woah looks like you brought out the big guns hahah

I actually went to that game and it’s legit, cats supporters were complaining and calling us ferals. Especially when we sung the Dustin Martin song with the grog squad hahah

Obsessive fear and loathing of Richmond is the one thing that unites Hawthorn and Geelong supporters :thumbsu:
no one is scared of a team that has finished outside of finals in 32 of the last 42 seasons. Richmond has been a peasant football club for a very long time with a lucky blip, but we're back to usual programming now.

no one is scared of a team that has finished outside of finals in 32 of the last 42 seasons. Richmond has been a peasant football club for a very long time with a lucky blip, but we're back to usual programming now.
Selective thinking, I remember a lot earlier than that, when we were far from pleasant, and also 3 recent GF's, so not much point choosing selected periods of crapness. Of course Geelong have been very good to great for a long time, but not many clubs have done that if any. In my lifetime Geelong GF's 5 - Richmond 8.

Back