Game Day Geelong V Richmond: Prelim Final @ MCG Fri 750 pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its Prelim Final Day.

Win and we are in .

Lose and its off for September Holdiays and follwoed by XMAS.

No one gives us a chance. The betting is against us. Its their home ground. Our home game. The Media has largely gone that way too. The regular Eeyore's have prepped their speeches.

And quite frankly, at the start of the season we were at best ranked 6-8.

Yet here are. Minor Premiers. QF losers and SF Winners against the team most has as 1/2 of the GF for 2019.

So we have 2 choices. Believe the noise and roll over, or for the next 120 minutes be first to it, be clean and composed once we get it and take advantage of our chances when they present themselves.

The opponent will be heady, charged with ambition and hope. Take that, repsect it and then smash it pieces. Hit them harder. Make them earn it. Silence their voices. Give them nothing.

Play Geelong footy. Play the Geelong way. We sing it every time we win - lets be the Greatest Team of All.

We are Geelong.

Go Catters

Its Prelim Final Day.

Win and we are in .

Lose and its off for September Holdiays and follwoed by XMAS.

No one gives us a chance. The betting is against us. Its their home ground. Our home game. The Media has largely gone that way too. The regular Eeyore's have prepped their speeches.

And quite frankly, at the start of the season we were at best ranked 6-8.

Yet here are. Minor Premiers. QF losers and SF Winners against the team most has as 1/2 of the GF for 2019.

So we have 2 choices. Believe the noise and roll over, or for the next 120 minutes be first to it, be clean and composed once we get it and take advantage of our chances when they present themselves.

The opponent will be heady, charged with ambition and hope. Take that, repsect it and then smash it pieces. Hit them harder. Make them earn it. Silence their voices. Give them nothing.

Play Geelong footy. Play the Geelong way. We sing it every time we win - lets be the Greatest Team of All.

We are Geelong.

Go Catters
It's not Geelongs home game. Richmond is the home side. You lost your top ranking when you lost to the Pies. We were the side first into this prelim.

Late change anyone? Rohan in for Menegola, or as a well known poster on this board told me off-line, Scott Selwood in for Menegola to play his last AFL game and with the sole job of stopping Dusty...at all costs

It's not Geelongs home game. Richmond is the home side. You lost your top ranking when you lost to the Pies. We were the side first into this prelim.
It may as well be our home game as we’ve played the G last 2 weeks

Went for my walk this morning around Ballarat as I normally do, and I walked past the Geelong Libraries truck parked on the side of the road for some strange reason. As a librarian myself I thought, brilliant this must be a good omen! As I kept on going, only two metres in front of it was the unfortunate sight of a dead cat. I'm conflicted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first accurate thing said by a Richmond supporter all week. Congratulations.

Went for my walk this morning around Ballarat as I normally do, and I walked past the Geelong Libraries truck parked on the side of the road for some strange reason. As a librarian myself I thought, brilliant this must be a good omen! As I kept on going, only two metres in front of it was the unfortunate sight of a dead cat. I'm conflicted.

Did the cat have tiger stripes?

Late change anyone? Rohan in for Menegola, or as a well known poster on this board told me off-line, Scott Selwood in for Menegola to play his last AFL game and with the sole job of stopping Dusty...at all costs

Now *that* would be something.

*Hears the song "Wrecking Ball" faintly in the distance*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back