Game Day Geelong V St Kilda Friday, 14th May 2021 7:50pm @ The Dome

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
An interest to me will be Gary Rohan, will he continue to relish getting the 3rd best defender and find space with defences being dragged sideways by the big 2.

Rohan with least attention could be deadly to the Saints.

Thats an excellent point - and a few flag winning teams of the past - have had classy/talented 3rd reasonable size forwards - like for example Tony Hall at Haw and Brad Pierce - and that breaks the camels back - the opposition just cant handle the 3 of them its just too much

When Rohan is the 2nd tall it just hasnt worked - a bit like Melksham at Melb - who is a reasonable player and very good o/head - if he is their 2nd tall it doesnt work - but if he is their 3rd tall he can become quite dangerous

Thats an excellent point - and a few flag winning teams of the past - have had classy/talented 3rd reasonable size forwards - like for example Tony Hall at Haw and Brad Pierce - and that breaks the camels back - the opposition just cant handle the 3 of them its just too much

When Rohan is the 2nd tall it just hasnt worked - a bit like Melksham at Melb - who is a reasonable player and very good o/head - if he is their 2nd tall it doesnt work - but if he is their 3rd tall he can become quite dangerous

There's definitely a big advantage to be had, we'll see tonight if it was no fluke!

There's definitely a big advantage to be had, we'll see tonight if it was no fluke!

I think you are right Rat and we will definitely get to see tonight as he will be on AA contender Wilke. Arguably the most underrated defender in the game so there won't be one easy kick for Gary tonight. To be fair to him though he has done it for a few weeks in a row already so I will cut him some slack regardless.

Another 15 would be nice

Best 3 pronged attack ever - and it was in A GF - 1972 Carlton beat Rich ( thank goodness )

19 of the Blues 28 goals for the game - Robert Walls CHF 6 Alex Jesaulenko FF 7 and Big John Nicholls in the forward pocket 6

And i clapped every one of those goals - thats how far back my dislike of Richmond goes - hah

Another 15 would be nice

Best 3 pronged attack ever - and it was in A GF - 1972 Carlton beat Rich ( thank goodness )

19 of the Blues 28 goals for the game - Robert Walls CHF 6 Alex Jesaulenko FF 7 and Big John Nicholls in the forward pocket 6

And i clapped every one of those goals - thats how far back my dislike of Richmond goes - hah

That's fantastic, long time ago.
l think we've got a possible premiership threesome here, with some pretty good smaller players around them like Higgins, Miers and maybe Narkle who l reckon is really lookin good.

Another 15 would be nice

I think Lindner, Ablett snr and Brownless wasn't too shabby, let alone bill ryan, doug wade and john sharrock

Some games are won on passion
Most are won on skill and talent
Regularly wins are due to will and desire
Usually it's because of necessity
Commonly due to team form
Generally it's the strategy and game-plan.
Sometimes it's about revenge
Now and again for a milestone occasion
Occasionally it comes down to luck of the bounce
At times the umpires influence the outcome
Every so often injuries sway the result
Rarely the weather plays a role

Tonight we win if we outsmart them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a short video on the clubs Instagram account with a few of the guys out on the field getting ready for tonight

- Zuth looks ready to go
- Atkins kicking the footy to himself
- Stewart looking relaxed
- Ratugolea out there and ready to back up after last week

- Clark is also with them, so guessing he's the medical sub for tonight; now up wait official confirmation

There's a short video on the clubs Instagram account with a few of the guys out on the field getting ready for tonight

- Zuth looks ready to go
- Atkins kicking the footy to himself
- Stewart looking relaxed
- Ratugolea out there and ready to back up after last week

- Clark is also with them, so guessing he's the medical sub for tonight; now up wait official confirmation
Time for some Scott 4d chess with the 22nd man picked in the side again.

what curve ball will he throw at us this time,

Time for some Scott 4d chess with the 22nd man picked in the side again.

what curve ball will he throw at us this time,
Probably none, just like we haven't seen too many curve balls over the last 18 months

Last weeks team worked & they played well as a unit, no need to unnecessarily change anything

Probably none, just like we haven't seen too many curve balls over the last 18 months

Last weeks team worked & they played well as a unit, no need to unnecessarily change anything
They threw a curve ball last week with the late change of esava for Stanley.

gees one day you will just agree with me. I will post something and then I will see cats_09 has given me a thumbs up. I will go all giddy.

Last edited:
They throw a curve ball last week with the late change of esava for Stanley.

gees one day you will just agree with me. I will post something and then I will see cats_09 has given me a thumbs up. I will go all giddy.

Was last week really a curve ball though when people were reporting mid-week that Sav would be playing?

Surely the bigger curve ball last week was Stanley originally being named in the 22 on Thursday night considering that on the Wednesday it was announced that Ratugolea would be playing

The club even said that the plan last week was always to play Ratugolea but they wanted to give him until the last possible moment to ensure he was right before being named

And don't worry I do like plenty of your posts Seeds, you just seem a bit off on this one

A couple of years ago we definitely seemed to favour the late change, but not so much since initial team lineups started being announced the day before the match

What happens over the rest of the season though when we return to Thursday night teams will be interesting to see

Have a feeling the Saints will win tonight.

Hope it's just gas.

When Saints execute the brand of football they want to play they can look pretty dangerous. Particularly the Football they played against Eagles earlier in the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back