STEWART HENDERSON TUOHY
MENEGOLA GUTHRIE SMITH
HIGGINS CAMERON DUNCAN
ROHAN HAWKINS CLOSE
RATAGOLEA PARFITT SELWOOD
STANLEY NARKLE ZUTHRIE ATKINS
EM JENKINS CLARK STEVENS CONSTABLE
Agree. No major changes warranted

Don't like our propensity to get jumped early, or expect other teams defence to fold like Tiggers did.
TBH, against Richmond in recent years I haven’t liked our propensity to jump them, only to see us fold

Really important we get some momentum going here. St Kilda are definitely good enough to exploit any weakness, particularly at a ground we rarely play at these days.

I think we will know a fair bit about this team after Friday.

Need to put the foot down.

In: Clark, Narkle
OUt: Simpson, Dahlhaus

For the meat tray (given Scott said Clark was part of their long term plans and a likely in next week):

OUT: Simmo, Dahl, Zuthrie
IN: Clark, Narkle

Med sub: Zuthrie

Wouldn't that mean only 21 players named?

Simpson, Dahlhaus & Zuth were all starting 22, and you've only replaced them with 2 players

Wouldn't that mean only 21 players named?

Simpson, Dahlhaus & Zuth were all starting 22, and you've only replaced them with 2 players

Oops, fair point. Always get confused by this med sub business.

Try again -

OUT: Simpson, Dahl, Zuthrie
IN: Clark, Narkle, Kolo (if he's right - Zuth if he's not)

Med sub: Zuth (Holmes if Kolo doesn't play)

The more I think about it the more I think Kolo will be back. Reports last week had him training freely.

Meat tray is:

In: Clark, Kolo, Narkle
Out: Simpson, Dahlhaus, Zuthrie

Zuthrie to med sub.

Oops, fair point. Always get confused by this med sub business.

Try again -

OUT: Simpson, Dahl, Zuthrie
IN: Clark, Narkle, Kolo (if he's right - Zuth if he's not)

Med sub: Zuth (Holmes if Kolo doesn't play)

I'm thinking something along these lines also

Saints at home are a very good team, and Ryder makes you even better, which pinpoints an area of concern in our team.
I would have no surprise at all if you win this game.
Putting so much into that Tigers game will leave us a bit flat. Saints have excellent talls, leg speed, and HGA.

I think you are over playing them a bit or underestimating geelong a bit. If Geelong play to their potential they should be able to handle StKilda when they are playing well

I think you are over playing them a bit or underestimating geelong a bit. If Geelong play to their potential they should be able to handle StKilda when they are playing well

Agreed. They are good enough to beat us if our pressure game is off, but an effort that we have brought over last 3 weeks would be enough to beat them.

They are not the sort of team you can beat by phoning it in, like we can at home against bottom half of the ladder sides.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. They are good enough to beat us if our pressure game is off, but an effort that we have brought over last 3 weeks would be enough to beat them.

They are not the sort of team you can beat by phoning it in, like we can at home against bottom half of the ladder sides.

Playing against the St's will be a different game again, and yes they can play well. A different type of test. Every week is a chance to highly weaknesses.

The more I think about it the more I think Kolo will be back. Reports last week had him training freely.

Meat tray is:

In: Clark, Kolo, Narkle
Out: Simpson, Dahlhaus, Zuthrie

Zuthrie to med sub.

Report: kolo training freely
catempire: in Clark and narkle

catempire: holy sh** in Clark, narkle and KOLO!

catempire: I’m a thinker.

catempire: holy sh** in Clark, narkle and KOLO!

catempire: I’m a thinker.
I did mention Kolo in my original post (“is Kolo ready?”) but had to go back and check what his status was. That’s what I meant.

Here is an artist’s impression off that process:

1620610396552.jpeg

Anyone else feeling like the win against Richmond diminishes the validity for any player who didn't play? Ie Dangerfield, Kolo, Miers? I'm mostly talking about Dangerfield here. I really like the way we play when he's out. I think he disrupts the team-first mentality.

Anyone else feeling like the win against Richmond diminishes the validity for any player who didn't play? Ie Dangerfield, Kolo, Miers? I'm mostly talking about Dangerfield here. I really like the way we play when he's out. I think he disrupts the team-first mentality.
no because that’s idiotic. It’s a fallacy. When we lose we overrate the value of the players that are missing.

in the first half we struggled big time to win the ball in the centre clearances. All our goals came from defensive rebounds. Who is the best player in our team to win centre clearances? Dangerfield.

By constantly taking selfish options when the rest of the team is trying to play team-first, and getting a pass for it because he's PFD. I could be totally wrong here, but I'm seeing a correlation between his abesense and the type of footy we seem to get rolling without him. It's just a feeling - was wondering if anybody else felt the same.

By constantly taking selfish options when the rest of the team is trying to play team-first, and getting a pass for it because he's PFD. I could be totally wrong here, but I'm seeing a correlation between his abesense and the type of footy we seem to get rolling without him. It's just a feeling - was wondering if anybody else felt the same.
what exactly is a selfish option?

i think this is all in your head.

Seeing Taheny on Thursday night he will need to sharpen up his kicking before he gets anywhere near an AFL debut.

I think you will find that is was an absolute aberration. He is a beautiful kick normally. Just had one of those nights. Not saying he is ready or will even be on a list at the end of the year but his kicking won't be the problem.

what exactly is a selfish option?

i think this is all in your head.
Don't get me wrong, I've admired Danger and reckon we've been lucky to have him. He's a brownlow medallist, after all. I love the guy. He's a gun. I just wish sometimes he wouldn't try to do it all himself. He often streams out of congestion and then tries to kick as far as he can whilst sprinting. Often just turns it over. Also, when 60 out on the run, instead of lowering the eyes and finding a target, he seems to just go for territory or have an unrealistic shot on goal which results in a rushed score or an opposition intercept or on the full. Maybe you're right - I might just be imagining things.

Im starting to wonder whether we are better with Blicavs playing as a mid. His defensive deficiencies and erratic kicking have got us into trouble on a number of times this year. Just play a smaller defence most weeks.

Great coaching on Friday night in the way they used Blitz.
I think he needs time to learn the 1 on 1 craft needed to be a key defender - in the scheme of things he hasn't really been settled into that position.
I do like his versatility as do the Coaches , longer term I like SDK as a tall defender - he was U18 AA in that role :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back