Preview Geelong V St Kilda Friday 14th May 2021 750pm @ Colonial

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seemed Grigg was very proactive on Friday night. He looks to have found his role at Geelong, and establishing himself well. Hope it was not just a Tigers thing.

Last edited:
did you see how "well" we played on Sydney's Hayden Mc Lean?
Height matters when a near 200 cm player can also jump. That's what we will need to contend with against St.King
Read the post in it’s context. We aren’t talking about the benefits of tall players, we are talking about the constraints. Height is never a constraint on the football field. It’s immobility and pace that is the contraint that usually comes with tall players.

Hey guys, sorry to intrude.

Astounded by how short the line is at the moment.

Don't get me wrong, if we (Saints) turn up, it'll be a decent test for you guys, but will we turn up? Our consistency is horrible, and not sure we have the class to get over the top of you lot even if the good Saints rock up.

You lot have a habit of dismantling us.

Our biggest strength I believe especially against the Cats is our rucks. Ryder is back, but I have heard whispers that Marshall may be injured and might not play. Which wouldn't surprise me considering he limped off the ground at the end of last week's game.

Regardless, good luck. Hopefully it's a contest.

did you see how "well" we played on Sydney's Hayden Mc Lean?
Height matters when a near 200 cm player can also jump. That's what we will need to contend with against St.King
King came up against a couple of novices Saturday in Collins 8 games 194cm and Ballard 7 games 196cm and kicked 1 goal, Suns didn't have a tall ruck who could support either,Max doesn't worry me in this one.Some other Neville nobody will most likely play the game of their life though.

The Cats are set to make at least one change for this week's game against the Saints with Sam Simpson set for a stint on the sidelines with a low-grade hamstring strain.

Coach Chris Scott revealed at Tuesday's press conference the players in contention for his spot.

“The ones in the mix are the ones you would have seen if you watched VFL game on Kayo, Max Holmes was the carryover so you wouldn’t have seen him but he is the frame, Jordan Clark, Charlie Constable, Quinton Narkle are probably the ones," Scott said.

It seemed Grigg was very proactive on Friday night. Heb looks to have found his role at Geelong, and establishing himself well. Hope it was not just a Tigers thing.

You think he is having more influence than Chris Scott?

I heard the David King observation (yes I know) ... he said that what would have happened if Geelong had played a little less controlled , like the game V Rich, the last two years... could Geelong have done better. Certainly helps having a goal kick 5 in the side.

True, but irrelevant to the claims about Dangerfield being selfish/not a team player. Reckon if his ''alleged'' selfishness is the biggest problem facing the cats we're in pretty good shape.
Ranked in our top five in goal assists for every season he has been at Geelong. This really feels like people manufacturing something to not like him for.

I wonder if Esava and Narkle will keep their spots after being caught up in the Rioli/Bolton nightclub drama?

Apologies if it’s been discussed, but just saw on AFL page that Luke Dahlhaus has been cleared of injury. He certainly looked pretty injured on Friday night. I was looking forward to his spot in the team being made available!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wonder if Esava and Narkle will keep their spots after being caught up in the Rioli/Bolton nightclub drama?

Not sure why they would be omitted because not sure what exactly they're caught up in

They were out on a Saturday night with friends, celebrating the birthday of a friends partner (that's if they're not also friends with the partner)

There's been no indication that either of them were involved when the alteration broke out, so no reason why they should miss just because they went out on a Saturday night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How come coaches never** use their own outs as an excuse, but are happy to use them as an excuse to downplay their own team's efforts?

** excepting DDS from Richmond, of course
Because Australian culture will absolutely not accept anything other than humility

You think he is having more influence than Chris Scott?

I heard the David King observation (yes I know) ... he said that what would have happened if Geelong had played a little less controlled , like the game V Rich, the last two years... could Geelong have done better. Certainly helps having a goal kick 5 in the side.
I still rate CS as #1 coach in the comp...

what did D.King say this time?

Read the post in it’s context. We aren’t talking about the benefits of tall players, we are talking about the constraints. Height is never a constraint on the football field. It’s immobility and pace that is the contraint that usually comes with tall players.
Somethings that the Kings do not lack, hence the need for a tall and mobile opponent.

The Cats are set to make at least one change for this week's game against the Saints with Sam Simpson set for a stint on the sidelines with a low-grade hamstring strain.

Coach Chris Scott revealed at Tuesday's press conference the players in contention for his spot.

“The ones in the mix are the ones you would have seen if you watched VFL game on Kayo, Max Holmes was the carryover so you wouldn’t have seen him but he is the frame, Jordan Clark, Charlie Constable, Quinton Narkle are probably the ones," Scott said.

If Narkle isnt in the side to play StK this week - then he should just tell Geelong to shove it - end of story

There will be plenty of suitors for his services next year

It was revolving around the tweak to game style this year. As I said... he might wonder what might have been if he had been prepared to loosen the game style earlier than this year.
JC is the answer to his prayers.

We did make the GF last year, and looked awesome in many games, including the prelim..

Don't get me wrong, if we (Saints) turn up, it'll be a decent test for you guys, but will we turn up? Our consistency is horrible, and not sure we have the class to get over the top of you lot even if the good Saints rock up.

Our biggest strength I believe especially against the Cats is our rucks. Ryder is back, but I have heard whispers that Marshall may be injured and might not play. Which wouldn't surprise me considering he limped off the ground at the end of last week's game.

Quite bi polar aren't they?
Apart from Geary, Hannebery and Carlisle, they are back to full strength so last week was a good game to blow away the cob webs for a few blokes.
If they are to play finals this year, this is the type of game they will have to stand up in.
It's why they brought in Crouch and Higgins.

Their forward line is significantly bolstered with Ryder's inclusion. King + Marshall will stretch Henderson and Blicavs.
Membrey provides the mismatch if Kolodjashnij does not get up. We like to leave Stewart patrolling the back half and Membrey's marking demands respect so I think the odds are pretty much spot on. Home game for the Saints. A loss sends them to 4-5 with poor percentage to boot. They'll be ready for this one.

If Narkle isnt in the side to play StK this week - then he should just tell Geelong to shove it - end of story

eg JJones at WCE is doing amazingly well. I never saw or rated him.

Will there?

He was out of contract last year and could easily have walked to any club, especially as he wasn't offered a contract until after the trade period - did he have any suitors last year?

I agree he should be the one to replace Simpson in the 22, but not yet convinced he'll have suitors lining up for his services

Always liked the Saints, I grew up in Moorabbin and attended Bentleigh High School so obviously went to a lot of Saints games. Saw a lot of Sidebottom, Jacko and of course Plugger. So obviously I like to see you guys winning games.
Great times at Moorabbin then, also had a cracker of a girlfriend back then whose dad played quite a lot of games for the Saints, so what was not to like?
As well as 2 of my 3 brothers in law barrack for you guys, so l have to like em up to a point.
The other one is a Richmond supporter, he's the one with the big mouth.

Anyway nice to reminisce, and good luck to you for all your games apart from next week of course. Cheers.

Last edited:
Quite bi polar aren't they?
Apart from Geary, Hannebery and Carlisle, they are back to full strength
Don’t think Carlisle is considered best 22 anymore. Reckon his back is stuffed. Moves like a bus these days.

Frawley was preferred to him in the preseason games until he did his string and there’s every chance he’ll come in this week to play on Tomahawk, now that he’s recovered from that injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back