Preview Geelong V St Kilda Friday 14th May 2021 750pm @ Colonial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 15, 2007
Where i need to be
AFL Club
Geelong
Mieirs, Evans, Holmes, and in time, Danger may well see the end of Dalhouse as suggested above.

As for Zac Guthrie, I thought he looked ordinary as usual last week but we did win easily so I guess it was an opportunity for positive reinforcement. Perhaps - fanciful thought - his talent lies in possessing no visible athletic advantages or superior skills whatsoever, thereby foiling opposition planning. I'm not sure I've seen a player with less X-factor.
Evan’s has to be the most overrated player on our list right now. he is not ahead of dalhaus and dalhaus probably should not be in the side.

evans has shown nothing yet. He may one day but he ain’t afl level yet.

The other club being?
Doubt he'd get in at Port.
Richmond.

Reckon Clark is ahead of at least 3-4 of these:

70151791-1880-4C2A-B708-5FEC7D14CAB2.jpeg
C2C36C1A-8494-4EE2-B085-20960260493F.jpeg

Sire of Claude

Club Legend
Mar 18, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Jesse Stringer was a class or two above young Zac. Stringer had to contend with injury and a strong list. Of course when Kolo and O Connor are ready to go Zac will be out again. The big picture is that it's hard to get a spot now which means we've got a bit of depth and blokes will striving to get picked.

frggr

Fan Favourite (they/them)
May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong
In the first half when the heat was on, Zuthrie was bloody terrible. He turned the ball over and looked a step behind the others.
He had 6 touches in the first half.
When we were winning by 40+, he got a lot of the ball in last quarter.

He's another Jesse Stringer.

Thankfully one of those touches was a pinpoint kick down the centre that lead to a Jeremy Cameron goal

Grimoz

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 28, 2011
Shhh...its a secret!!!
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Manchester Utd, New York Rangers
View attachment 1126644

What the hell is this from the Saints website? We’ve won four in a row against them - they last beat us in 2016.

Whats the issue? They are going for 3 in a row, have won last 2 games, not just against us, you are reading it wrong.

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham
Whats the issue? They are going for 3 in a row, have won last 2 games, not just against us, you are reading it wrong.

Oh, that makes sense. Poor wording by them. Should be St Kilda is aiming for three wins in a row as they take on Geelong....

I literally had to remind myself that, no, they definitely didn’t beat us last year 😂

Richmond.

Reckon Clark is ahead of at least 3-4 of these:

View attachment 1126633View attachment 1126634
Names on paper sure, however, a far more credentialed Rocky as well as SPP have been in and out of the side. Ken certainly adopting a hardline stance and drops blokes in the last couple of years. Reckon Clark's weaknesses would see him too dropped at Port as frequently as here.

Names on paper sure, however, a far more credentialed Rocky as well as SPP have been in and out of the side. Ken certainly adopting a hardline stance and drops blokes in the last couple of years. Reckon Clark's weaknesses would see him too dropped at Port as frequently as here.
Pretty much agree.

Well.... you can..... I reckon plenty have been dropped off far better games than Zuthrie’s last week.

It's funny how folks complain about youngsters getting dropped after a good game, yet they want the same thing to happen to Zuthrie this week.

frggr

Fan Favourite (they/them)
May 16, 2012
Poland
AFL Club
Geelong
2 Big Ruckman in Marshall and Ryder, against Sav n Blitz, bit concerned about that we don't have a genuine ruck in Fort or even Stanley....

I don't think it'll be much of a problem. Sav is good at ground level and physical enough to get into em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back