Preview Geelong V St Kilda Friday 14th May 2021 750pm @ Colonial

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's funny how folks complain about youngsters getting dropped after a good game, yet they want the same thing to happen to Zuthrie this week.
When we lose he's the whipping boy, when we win and he plays his part he's the whipping boy.
They keep wanting young Zac (defender who Scarlett has time for) to be replaced by someone Scarlett has banished further afield.

Same as last week. Smith, Duncan, Menegola, Tuohy all better on a wing than Clarky. So he bides his time atm.

Zuths last game may not have been rated too highly by some externally, but internally it seems it was rated much higher, and when it comes to team selection time I'm thinking that internal views are much more important

Zach turns 23 next month.
Guys like Constable or Clark or a year or more younger and showed vastly more in minimum playing time (Constable).

Zuths last game may not have been rated too highly by some externally, but internally it seems it was rated much higher, and when it comes to team selection time I'm thinking that internal views are much more important

That internal view is the same internal view that sacked lachie Henderson and said Guthrie has played many great games for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 Big Ruckman in Marshall and Ryder, against Sav n Blitz, bit concerned about that we don't have a genuine ruck in Fort or even Stanley....

Agreed. With King and whichever ruckman is resting up in their forward line, I reckon we're going to need Blicavs in defense a lot. And with Sav coming up against two very good (and very different type of) ruckmen, I reckon we're going to need Blicavs in the ruck a lot too.

If our mids get on top and our forwards kick straight - irrespective of the ruck battle - then it won't matter, but if St Kilda get on top through the middle I reckon Blicavs could be spread too thin.

Obviously I'd have picked Stanley, not Fort though 😶

That internal view is the same internal view that sacked lachie Henderson and said Guthrie has played many great games for us.
When did Henderson get sacked?

I remember him being our of contract and his contract not being renewed, but that happens every year with a good number of players but not sure that makes one sacked

Or is there another time when he was still under contract but his club terminated his contract before it was finished & that being a situation where you can probably argue a player was sacked

Kicked 2 goals on debut, not a bad start i wouldn't have thought.
One of those was from 1 metre out. It really was a one goal game. Did very little in the rest of the game. Only 7 touches and 1 tackle.

and yet some on here speak about him like He is a lock. He has played one average game in his whole career.

he may well be one day But has shown nothing yet.

I for one am shocked that Jenkins off 7.5 didn't get a call up. Better than Dahlhaus, should have taken his place.

I dont think we want to be too tall for a quick game on a fast track. We will see if it works.

I dont think we want to be too tall for a quick game on a fast track. We will see if it works.
Pure! Maaate. Come on now.
Very clearly taking the absolute PI55 out of the Zuthrie (Def) for Clark (wing) crowd.

Positions and team balance don't matter when an overhyped kid I like is being kept out by a whipping boy I hate!!!

Pure! Maaate. Come on now.
Very clearly taking the absolute PI55 out of the Zuthrie (Def) for Clark (wing) crowd.

Positions and team balance don't matter when an overhyped kid I like is being kept out by a whipping boy I hate!!!
Clarks best football was played as a half back flanker. Same position as zuthrie.

When did Henderson get sacked?

I remember him being our of contract and his contract not being renewed, but that happens every year with a good number of players but not sure that makes one sacked

Or is there another time when he was still under contract but his club terminated his contract before it was finished & that being a situation where you can probably argue a player was sacked
Semantics. His contract was not renewed and Henderson left the club. we only picked him up again cos no one got in first and Abbott unexpectedly left us.

I am continually amazed at how people think the amount of touches players get determines how good ones game is.
To a degree. But if you have a habit of going quarters and halves without a single touch, what value are you providing? Against gws last year he got his first touch in the 3rd quarter, and his first game this year he had one touch in the first half. Contributed nothing in those games. It’s extremely poor for a player who has over 20 games of experience.

Clarks best football was played as a half back flanker. Same position as zuthrie.

You're reminding me of this tonight. Good team changes, hard to induce discontent let alone a melt.
Fresh fish!..........and it's Seeds by a nose!

Really?

So his best football for the club was played in his first 5 games of his debut year, because he then shifted too his now accustomed role on the wing from about round 7 in 2019 and his rising star nomination came when he was playing that role also

He was ok playing as a half back flanker, but his best football has been when playing on the wing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back