Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 19, 2007
Cloud break
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Cricket, Surfing
When did Henderson get sacked?

I remember him being our of contract and his contract not being renewed, but that happens every year with a good number of players but not sure that makes one sacked

Or is there another time when he was still under contract but his club terminated his contract before it was finished & that being a situation where you can probably argue a player was sacked
End of 2019, he was delisted.
Told to try and find another club. We ended up rookie listing him when Abbott unexpectedly asked to go to StKilda.

Nov 7, 2010
308 Negra Arroyo Lane Albuquerque New Mexico
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
WADA
If it's not one Guthrie thing, it's another with you.

Now you're getting stuck into Cam Guthrie for being a team player.
The boys must of had a tinny back yard growing up in which to master all the dinky back and forward stuff between them.

BORIS332

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
End of 2019, he was delisted.
Told to try and find another club. We ended up rookie listing him when Abbott unexpectedly asked to go to StKilda.

I wonder if Abbott regrets that move. The way he was tracking with us, he could've overtaken Stanley by now. Instead he's not on a list.

BORIS332

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 22, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
It's not about the Guthries at all,it's why do we select players not up to the task, 2019 it was the beachball Jack Steven who had the inside running with the selectors a mistake.
Zuthrie's being gifted games right now,I'd just prefer to have a look at someone else on the list we know what Zach has to offer.

What has Clark done that makes him deserve a spot ahead of Zuthrie? What has anyone in our twos done that puts them ahead of Zuthrie? Zuth has played one VFL game where he had 27 disposals, since then he's been emergency or injury sub. No one in our twos is banging the door down, none of them have done any more than Zuth to take his position.

Shadow89

Cancelled
10k Posts AFL Fantasy Div 6+ Winner 2021
Feb 20, 2018
Zuths last game may not have been rated too highly by some externally, but internally it seems it was rated much higher, and when it comes to team selection time I'm thinking that internal views are much more important

On those highlights alone, he deserves to be in this week. Was on the fence (between him, Clark and Holmes), but his composure to hit that kick through the middle of the ground, defensive punch back with the flight against Lynch, and 3 aggressive tackles, are actually even better than I remember him being on the night.

Far better defensively than Clark was against Sydney a few weeks ago - and I'm one of the biggest Clark lovers on here

Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Chook a midfielder , who needs to be benched for a qtr or two and adds nothing else to his game ...all of forgiven and it’s the MC fault that he’s not playing

Zuthrie , a defender who does what is asked , stays on the ground for four qtrs but doesn’t get much touches ...delist him he is soft and doesn’t deserve a spot

never change bigfooty

It's not about the Guthries at all,it's why do we select players not up to the task, 2019 it was the beachball Jack Steven who had the inside running with the selectors a mistake.
Zuthrie's being gifted games right now,I'd just prefer to have a look at someone else on the list we know what Zach has to offer.

What does Jack Steven's selection by those at St Kilda have to do with Geelong?

I wonder if Abbott regrets that move. The way he was tracking with us, he could've overtaken Stanley by now. Instead he's not on a list.

Maybe, but it was Abbott who delisted himself last year as he still had a year to run on his contract at St Kilda

Unless he was going to be a guaranteed best 22 every week, I think he would likely have made the same decision if playing for us as he's walked away from football to focus on his career:

The 29-year-old says he enjoyed his time with the Saints but was keen to start the next phase of his life.

Abbott is studying finance and is about to start work with a bank.

“The decision really was, “what am I going to get out of another year of maybe battling away the same sort of position I’m in now?” he said.

“Or is that time better spent in my studies or trying to further my development outside of footy?”. I felt it was probably the best way to go.

“And a piece of that is coming back to support my partner in her professional development and being there to support what she wants to do rather than putting myself first as I have over the last 4-5 years.”

May 19, 2018
AFL Club
Geelong
Always liked the Saints, I grew up in Moorabbin and attended Bentleigh High School so obviously went to a lot of Saints games. Saw a lot of Sidebottom, Jacko and of course Plugger. So obviously I like to see you guys winning games.
Great times at Moorabbin then, also had a cracker of a girlfriend back then whose dad played quite a lot of games for the Saints, so what was not to like?
As well as 2 of my 3 brothers in law barrack for you guys, so l have to like em up to a point.
The other one is a Richmond supporter, he's the one with the big mouth.

Anyway nice to reminisce, and good luck to you for all your games apart from next week of course. Cheers.
A Richmond supporter with a big mouth? Surely you jest

On those highlights alone, he deserves to be in this week. Was on the fence (between him, Clark and Holmes), but his composure to hit that kick through the middle of the ground, defensive punch back with the flight against Lynch, and 3 aggressive tackles, are actually even better than I remember him being on the night.

Far better defensively than Clark was against Sydney a few weeks ago - and I'm one of the biggest Clark lovers on here

I think that's a big reason he's in at the moment - he's slotted into our backline in place of Kolodjashnij, and he's doing the job defensively that he's been asked to do

Clark returned to play more as back flanker against the Swans, he was given first opportunity back there in the absence of Kolodjashnij but he didn't look as comfortable playing behind the ball as he does when he's further up the ground on the wing where he can play with more of an attacking mindset rather than a focus on defence and then attacking at the appropriate time

Time to take it to game day discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back