NetworkNerd

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 6, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GWS (Kayo) Also AFL Member so all clubs
Neutral supporters on bigfooty... Who do we think will win the flag?

Personally I think this game will be a tough contest for the first 3 quarters but ultimately Geelong by 4-5 goals. Will be very hard for the Sydney backline to contain Geelong for the whole game.

I think Sydney win. Theres something very soft about Geelong and they will have an almighty collapse at some point. Brisbane were pathetic last night and Geelong could only get 3-4 goals ahead most of the first half before the lions completely gave up.

Also Sydney are by far the best interstate team at the MCG. In fact I would say the game being at the MCG favours them more than Geelong

Sydney by 44

They always say the close prelim winner will lose because of the extra effort

2020: Richmond win the close prelim and the flag
2019: GWS win the close prelim, get thrashed
2016: Dogs win the close prelim and the flag
2014: Hawks win both
2013: Hawks win both
2012: Hawks, Swans
2011: Collingwood, Geelong

Neutral supporters on bigfooty... Who do we think will win the flag?

Personally I think this game will be a tough contest for the first 3 quarters but ultimately Geelong by 4-5 goals. Will be very hard for the Sydney backline to contain Geelong for the whole game.
Screw the match itself, the real winner on the day will be Robbie Williams :straining:

I think it will be close either way, can't see a blowout on the cards. Both teams have played Collingwood in the finals with both games being thrillers decided by under a goal - so not much of a form guide there. Round 2 meeting was a long time ago; the Swans owned Geelong in that game, although Geelong have imporved a lot since then.

Honestly really hard to pick - Swans by 1 point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Sydney win. Theres something very soft about Geelong and they will have an almighty collapse at some point. Brisbane were pathetic last night and Geelong could only get 3-4 goals ahead most of the first half before the lions completely gave up.

Also Sydney are by far the best interstate team at the MCG. In fact I would say the game being at the MCG favours them more than Geelong

Sydney by 44
This is all coming from a supporter of a premiership virgin club 😂

Only hope is that the week off and a fairly poor Brisbane performance have Geelong off the pace at the start.

Reid out is a massive loss for us. Game changed tonight after he went off.
Why was Reid subbed? I was having a dart.

I think as long as both clubs put in a 4 quarter effort that gives even the losing side something to at least be proud of then I can live with a loss.

Back